Dun know whether considered lucky or sway....

Andrefoo

hey everyone,

thought I would share my experience... went to buy a replacement set of ball joints for my ford focus and went to the workshop to change. After taking out the ball joints, teh mechanic realised that the joints are too small for my car. Called the stockist that I bought from, he says he got the size wrong from the UK stockist he bought from and ask me to wait for the replacement parts to be flown in... how to wait? the car is up on the lift and teh boss needs the lift for business, so he suggests that i just change the entire lower arm assembly for the entire front. He will foot half the costs of whatever the other stockist quotes him, so the left is just 140 and the right could potentially be 250 as he is getting the part from regent motors, while my car sits on the lift for another day... feel really insecure, but have to go through with it. Thank goodness he is at least a reputable parts stockist, can't imagine what would happen otherwise...

↡ Advertisement

A reputable parts stockist makes such a mistake??

ya.... quite a lot of the ford owners get their parts from this shop. he claims that previous batches came in the right size, so he didn't bother to check... let see whether he can deliver on his promise tomm... will update again

↡ Advertisement