Interesting read: Unichip tuner @ SHC

Whitecvt

Guest EverestLeasing
Neutral Newbie

Going by my gut feel, if the tuner (Andrew) dares to post a public reply, I think it is probably a case of "the customer demand too much".

Extract:

===================================

Dear all,

there are always 2 sides of the story. This guy has certainly gotten a scolding from Benny too for being over reacting and he has started all these senseless accusation on no grounds.

"I recently tune my car with Andrew his is a free lance tuner for unichipQ, he has made my car worst till cant start my car, and have to crank it for some time to start. And I told him to clear my CHL keep on coming out, he told me he can solve the problem. . And make thinks worst till there is a oil leak on the timing control, I call him he told me to solve my car problem and ask me to look for other tuners,"

=> This cant start problem has been resolved together with him. Out of 10 cranks, we managed to start the car 10 times too. Not sure why he is complaining about this again

=> CEL light was there before and was due to EGR. Explained to him that Unchip tuning cannot be used to solve such issue, but he insisted that other "tuners" can. If CEL light is caused by system lean out due to oversize airflow meter, Unichip will be able to re-solve this. Somehow he got confused on this too.

=> Oil leak is a physical wear and tear item. How can ecu tuning cause this?

=> You mentioned that other tuners can solve the EGR or Cat converter CEL light by using unichip, which base on my knowledge and experience you will probably need a resistor or re-instate the EGR system. Unichip is not possible. Of course this would be beyond what I can do and I am sure Benny did not solve the cel light using unichip too as I have spoken to him.

"I went to Dyno technical and look for benny he told me he can solve this entire problem. He took the obd2 scanner to scan my car where is the fault. And clear for me, redo my wiring back and my car can start as per normal and no more oil leak , and he retune for me ."

=> Balan sent me a sms accusing me that the wiring is all wrong. If this is so, how can his car even start and run around? We also did 1 round of "Dyno" even I told him the we can't do dyno run for cars running on CVT without steptronic or paddle shift, but than again he insisted by telling me other tuners can, which eventually I have proven to him on the dyno that we cant hold the gear.

=> I also checked with Benny and he also told me the wiring was correct. Its all tuners' general routine to check on the wiring 1st.

"I text andrew and say that my car problem has be solve pls refund me my money which I pay for retune."

=> If this is about refund, I would certainly do so if it is justified. But base on your reasoning, there is certainly no basis at all. I have delivered the car to you which is tuned properly with vvti cam control and you also sent me a sms to say it was good.

"There is no reply from him. Call him also cut my line. The reason why I am telling you this because please dont face the same problem I went thru"

=> I have informed you that I would be going overseas this week and would not be back till next week. I am in some areas in the country side where there is no mobile reception. Pls get you facts right.

To conclude on this, I have been around long enough to run away from issues. Besides, I also support many reputable performance workshops for Unichip ECU tuning solution. For those who also knows me, I have never run away from any problems.

Thanks for hearing both sides of the story.

Lastly Mr Balan,

1 thing that really puzzles me is your sms that mentioned that Benny told you Unichip does not require any additional wiring for VVTi cam control. I can assure you that without the additional wiring, Unichip cannot control VVTi. If they have been removed, your VVTi cam control would have be disabled. If you like, I can do you a last favour by checking it through again out of good will when I am back next week.

Edited by Da_editor

fishy :) Clone spotted?

Balan's post on SHC

Hi bro i am selling of my air charger for 45neg, item come with air tupe ,holder and t-join. 8/10. just need to connect only

i am not alawys here

pls sms if u are keen

9451 6617.

balan

and one of the flamers on that same thread, vorx99, posted an item also, with

http://www.shc-forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=2048191

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am Post subject: aircharger (cheap)

50 dollars

Good condition

unlikely is post for friend? since balan has had his account since Jan 2009

fishy :) Clone spotted?

Balan's post on SHC

Hi bro i am selling of my air charger for 45neg, item come with air tupe ,holder and t-join. 8/10. just need to connect only

i am not alawys here

pls sms if u are keen

9451 6617.

balan

and one of the flamers on that same thread, vorx99, posted an item also, with

http://www.shc-forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=2048191

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am Post subject: aircharger (cheap)

50 dollars

Good condition

unlikely is post for friend? since balan has had his account since Jan 2009

balan: 9451 6617

vorx99: 94516617

This guy really self pwned, its not possible to dyno CVT without a fixed ratio. Everything also can can~ so clever ownself tune lar!

Edited by Bornno1

great tuner with exceptional after sales service.. the description is totally unlike him.. lots of mitsu colts got tuned by him has no problems at all.

moreover, he always calls n checks back if there are any problems to resolve. if there is, he is willing to sacrifice his time to resolve it. one of the colts met with some problems, he spent 2~3 hrs into the midnight solving the problem [thumbsup]

though i'm not saying that his tuning is perfect, but his service and attitude is way above the mark.

Hi Guys,

thanks for the indept analysis. I must say that this guy is indeed F.O.S and has gotten around to make these senseless accusations on a personal basis. Its really hard to work with him where he has no basic understanding of facts and has a tendency to really blow things out of proportion.

Lets hope this matter can rest for good.

For those that know me and got their cars tuned by me, I greatly appreciate your continous strong support. For those who intend to get their cars tuned, pls feel free to PM or call me to discuss further.

I can assure you on the aftersales support.

Happy Motoring...

Cheers!

↡ Advertisement