What's With the 'Free' Valet Parking at Thomson Plaza?

Celicar

Anyone tried it before? I see the word "free", but something tells me there must be a catch. No one is going to run a valet service for free unless compensation comes from someone else.

And even if it is free, why must lots be reserved for those who use the valet service for 'free'?

↡ Advertisement

most prob managed by the management of thomson plaza.to entice people to shop there w/o hassle of finding carpark lot,i understand dat there is always a long Q of car gng into the carpark.

I personally cannot understand why anyone would use valet services. Why would you trust someone who is on minimal wage to drive your car around? [confused]

Why someone with "minimal wage" cannot drive your car? Or next time you use valet services must see the driver got degree or phd or not in order to touch your car :wacko:

i ever tried their valet service (using my car), in the end, i gave $2 tips to them!!....but on my 2nd time, I drove my dad's pick up...they said car park (valet) full even though they are still accepting other cars...kinda crap [furious]

give you free also suspicious... make you pay, sure kaopeh, then ask why not free in the first place...

Wrong. I would still query why the need for the valet service in the first place. Perhaps it has to do with the size of the car park, which is not very big, so they wish to have organised double-parking, so to speak. Which means your car, if valet service is used, may be moved on occasions to accommodate parking traffic, in its time in the car park. I certainly wouldn't like that.

I personally find it annoying. The valets cause more jams/obstructions within the carpark. The management must have rocks in their heads to implement it in such a small carpark. In the first place there's a sign showing the nos. of available lots at the entrance of the carpark. Those who still insist on going in just have queue.

Neutral Newbie

give you free also suspicious... make you pay, sure kaopeh, then ask why not free in the first place...

[thumbsup]

typical singaporean mah.. kpkb...

Neutral Newbie

Wrong. I would still query why the need for the valet service in the first place. Perhaps it has to do with the size of the car park, which is not very big, so they wish to have organised double-parking, so to speak. Which means your car, if valet service is used, may be moved on occasions to accommodate parking traffic, in its time in the car park. I certainly wouldn't like that.

see what i mean!!! really atypical of most singaporeans... give you free suspect this and that... don't give you free say wah so expensive not worth it... make it compulsory say wah lao why lidat?? make it optional ask this and question that... why wanna make our lives so difficult dude??? isn't living in SG already stressful enuff??

see what i mean!!! really atypical of most singaporeans... give you free suspect this and that... don't give you free say wah so expensive not worth it... make it compulsory say wah lao why lidat?? make it optional ask this and question that... why wanna make our lives so difficult dude??? isn't living in SG already stressful enuff??

No one seems to answer my question. How is it free when you have to enter the erp barrier first?

They give you a complimentary card during exiting or what?

Neutral Newbie

No one seems to answer my question. How is it free when you have to enter the erp barrier first?

They give you a complimentary card during exiting or what?

deduct from cashcard automatically.

↡ Advertisement