Do u believe the mileage

Yeshe

My friend just bought a 3yo civic and the mileage is 7000 km. [sweatdrop]

Do u believe? How easy is it for the workshop to tweak the mileage?

↡ Advertisement

Hopefully the previous owner did not just send his ride for 2 servicing niah i.e 1K & 5K ... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

i think only 3 servicing done. [sweatdrop]

Can the mileage be tempered with by the dealer? Is it possible?

I was also surprised when I was at Turf City as my friend was looking to change his ride. Some cars have unbelievable low mileage given their age. reason given by the dealers are either owners go overseas or spare car etc. I kinda don't believe it..... [shocked]

why not ? s'pore land from east to west only 42-45km right?

do not always think ppl have a car is in sales or marketing line.

how about his/ her house and place work only 4-5 min drive, but he/ she still want to drive?

how about his/ her have normal car but only drive on weekend?

everything above possible right?

Call KM and check the servicing logs with them. They should at least have the first few servicing records with them. From there you can verify if the car has indeed passed the 7000km mark or not. Might want to give them the VIN to confirm that the records are showing its the same vehicle.

Aside, when I sold my 3yo Civic, it had 135,000kms.

Edited by Lingamair

seems like low odometer readings are becoming popular selling point these days.

MR-S with very low mileage

Check out posting by Kangadrool

That car I mentioned is still available. Called the bugger up, not to confront him (never mentioned about mileage issue too). Asked him some questions whether he is direct owner or consignment sale. He eik eik oh oh eik eik oh oh. KNN.

Agree it's normal for that kind of mileage for a 3 year old car. That's why the bugger tweaked it to be around this figure. But, the actual mileage for this particular car is in fact 1XX,XXX km. Damn hi mileage, but tweaked low in order to sell at the desired asking price.

Neutral Newbie

Yes, check with AD since for honda civics, the AD should have the servicing records, at least for the 1k and 5k servicing. If the 5k servicing was done 2.5 years ago, then the car must have been parked in the car park for the next 2 years without driving. Possible?

Anyway, 7k for 3 years really not possible, unless it's a display model, not meant for driving.

But I know if they claim that the speedometer was faulty before and was replaced by the previous owner, then the readings may be reset to 0.

Look for signs of wear and tear, eg, tyres only left with 40-50% thread (confirm cannot be only 7k mileage), engine bay dirty, etc.