Potholes on RH lane after JB Customs

Opel17

Came back via JB Customs 24/9/2009. Usually cars will be moving on the LH lane after the Customs building, and buses join in on the RH lane. Due to SG Toyota Wish in front alway stepping the brake for no reasons, decided to follow behind the Causeway Link bus on RH lane. After the stretch where motorbikes join in on the LH lane, the bus start to slow down suddenly at the curve. Realized that there are several usually big potholes on the RH lane.

Please take extra care at this stretch.

↡ Advertisement

I Kenna b4 liao... heart skip a beat as i was going in quite fast...

once bitten twice shy...

Edited by Robo

Came back via JB Customs 24/9/2009. Usually cars will be moving on the LH lane after the Customs building, and buses join in on the RH lane. Due to SG Toyota Wish in front alway stepping the brake for no reasons, decided to follow behind the Causeway Link bus on RH lane. After the stretch where motorbikes join in on the LH lane, the bus start to slow down suddenly at the curve. Realized that there are several usually big potholes on the RH lane.

Please take extra care at this stretch.

The road surface condition has been bad especically at the edge and the pot holes have grown much larger in recent weeks probably due to heavy downpour. Possible causes are:

a) Poor road design with too many short bends. When heavy vehicles making turns, the force will certainly lean against the edge and result in premature wear and tear.

b) As usual, inferior road tarmac quality.

So when coming down at the bend, try to use the left lane. After passed the potholes, go back in to the right lane. Juts hope that they are expediting with the road expansion in the longer term.

Regards,

rd entering jaybee also got pothole...

how i know. i tio b4 also...

That one used to be just a pop-up surface by the edge of the right hand lane. Recently, there is a pot hole forming just slightly before that pop-up surface. It is getting larger each day.

Regards,

Is this a new pothole ? I thot there is a exisiting one on the RH about half-way through the bend ?

Thier road quality is always like this.........looks new for a while nia then pot holes starts to pop. [shakehead][thumbsdown]

i kena my front bumper over there...ride too low already... now i use the Left hand side.. no pot holes

Malaysia roads have never been friendly to lowered rides lah, may be NSH is better.

Regards,

The purpose of this topic is to inform everyone about these potholes.

Let hope everyone can take extra care, and do not have to fall victims to these potholes.

There's another pothole from the earlier stretch on the right hand side of the road too. It is somewhere near to the point where your ride start climbing the slope, about 10-15 metres. I kena once on my pica...damn heart pain sia. My family members (3 of them) was also shocked when I go over it as pica stock suspension is not good. (the impact machiam like kena hit by car lidat).

After dropped off my aunt at her place i quickly go to my friendly workshop near Kulai to inspect and take a look. Lucky me nothing happens. Tot need to do realignment liao.

Btw, when coming back to Singapore from Boleh customs, the downslope there also do be careful. There are 2 road indentations from the first downslope (where the two rainwater drains are located, one after another). I always have to brake abit before them so the ride wun be so bumpy. Duno why the roads there are so lousy, not like our SG roads so smooth..but then, I am paying for the road also...(ERP..) [lipsrsealed]

Potholes or not, I never understood why drivers like to go at a fast speed when navigating the notorious "Johor Gudang" stretch, given the prevalence of potholes and twisty bends in heavy traffic conditions along that stretch. I've lost count of how many times I've seen SG-registered cars speed past me on the right hand side when giving my dirty looks, RIGHT before hitting a huge pothole or even hitting the concrete barriers on the right hand side. I always make it a point to navigate that bloody stretch of road slowly not only due to the design of the road and the numerous potholes, but also due to the death-defying stunts of Malaysian bikers on that particular piece of road.

Play safe, go slow and you'll have ample time to reach to all the potholes and unexpected surprises on that road... it's that simple. Paying attention to the road instead of happily chatting away with your passengers or giving fellow drivers dirty looks help as well, I've been told ;)

Play safe, go slow and you'll have ample time to reach to all the potholes and unexpected surprises on that road... it's that simple. Paying attention to the road instead of happily chatting away with your passengers or giving fellow drivers dirty looks help as well, I've been told ;)

You do have a point there [thumbsup] . Hopefully, we don't have a case where we are frustrated by someone who enjoy hogging the lane at excessively low speed [sleeping]. Based on past feedback, MCF members generally dislike hoggers [laugh].

Regards,

You do have a point there [thumbsup] . Hopefully, we don't have a case where we are frustrated by someone who enjoy hogging the lane at excessively low speed [sleeping]. Based on past feedback, MCF members generally dislike hoggers [laugh].

Regards,

Road hoggers on expressways or freeways are definitely a nuisance. What I am advocating here however is not road hogging, but maintaining a prudent speed when navigating a potentially troublesome and tricky roads with many twisty bends and potholes, especially considering that heavy traffic conditions are the norm on this particular road. I have to say - in case the hot shots here who are forever jumping the gun - that I don't crawl along this road at 20, 30km/h, but more in the range of 50km/h to 70km/h.

↡ Advertisement