Is your expensive Swiss watch really made in Switzerland ?

Darth_mel

parts from china and assemble in swiss lah! [speechless]

If China made the parts according to Swiss specifications, it's also "Swiss made". Not only China, any country can make the parts. So does it really matter where the parts are made as long as it complies to Swiss specs? Anyway nobody will know.

Good post made my check my watch.

It says Hand made in Swaziland!

None of that mass produced machine

made rubbish from China for me!

I only wear the finest individually made

by hand stuff from Africa! :D

In today's context, manufacturing are outsourced to lower cost producers.

It is OK if the products are the affordable variety - eg Tag Hauer's $1000 watch even if it is 100% China made but 'Swiss Designed'.

But it is not OK if we are talking about a $10,000+ timepiece.

If the Swiss want to protect their industry, this '50% Swiss made' should stop. It should be 100% Swiss made, no less.

In my personal opinion, without this assurance, buying any premium 'Swiss' watch is a waste of money.

Seems that a lot of poducts been taken over by HP. Example cameras, camera manufacturers had got pressure due to consumer preffered using hp to take photos. Watches, noticed some of my friends don't wear watches anymore, they just look at handphones for time and dates.

owned a couple of swatches and swiss watches, not that fantastic. Most gave me problems; seems that they are not acclimatised to our weather. My Cyma has been breaking down so often - circuit board issue. Same issue also with another slim/skin Swatch.

My 25 hour watch more reliable. :D

Buying Seiko next. Looking for sweeping hand movement type, simple and clean cut design. Any recommendations? [idea]

Any idea still can find Yeoman watch now? [thumbsup]

Edited by Kangadrool

Neutral Newbie

Buying Seiko next. Looking for sweeping hand movement type, simple and clean cut design. Any recommendations? [idea]

Any idea still can find Yeoman watch now? [thumbsup]

go for Grand Seiko series [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement