How long does it take to inspect the IU?

Veximan

thanks! but if got to replace, will it take long?

b4 u waste ur time gg down, check urself 1st... 90% of the time, its the fuse that is blown... the IU is using those glass tube fuse, very easy to check whether its blown or not... if blown, just get another fuse frm any nearby accessory shop... and not to worry, changing the fuse will not void the warranty of the IU. there is no warranty seal on the fuse holder.. hope the info helps....

Thanks for the info bro, but how to check?

im not too sure for your ride but for Vios and Altis, it was hidden in the compartment on the lower right side at the driver side. the wire is grey in colour if I remember correctly. If u are not familiar, send it for inspec, its FOC anyway (if ur car is less than 5 yrs old) but try to stand beside the technician and ask him where is the fuse holder so that you can do it yourself if you have the same issue...

Hi bros, can i check how long does it take to inspect the IU?

Thinking of going down during lunchtime...

Personal experience...

Inspection took like 2 mins. First they checked if the IU has power... for mine, yes power was there. Step 2, they used this portable ERP transmiter/receiver thing (exactly the same thing u see at carpark entrances, just that this one is not on a pole but has a short handle at the bottom), pressed a few buttons, asked if i heard a beep. Replied no. That's all they did to decide whether to replace my IU. I was in the car while they did all that.

Replacement took about 20 mins, inclusive of post-install tests (same tests as mentioned above).

Do set aside at least 30 mins waiting time too if you're going down.

All in, about 1 hour.

replacing it takes not too long, cos the installer just cut the electrical supply to the old IU unit and crimps a new wire to the existing one...

it's really the issue of the queue at the inspection centre, especially during lunch time where people usually pops by during their lunch time after having a quick lunch...

Even after they check and detected nothing wrong, you can request them to give you a turn up memo in case the IU fails on you suddenly... it'll help you avoid the unncessary fines when you go through ERP gantries with your cash card in and the unit gives you the red light and the error beep..

i myself sometimes encounter some problems when i go through ERP gantries... went to the inspection centre, but couldn't find any fault.. i was advised to change my cashcard as it may be the one that caused the error... and i've only used the cashcard for a couple of months... just monitor, if there's a error again, i'll probably change my cashcard and see if the problem persists...

[bounce2]

The missus went to do IU inspection yesterday and there was a long queue. Does the IU break down a lot these days ?

The missus went to do IU inspection yesterday and there was a long queue. Does the IU break down a lot these days ?

I went down a couple of time but it seems that my cash card is the one that spoil, all 3 some more. The FT guy use his nails to press on the edge of the cards and it manage to work again.

(edited)

Yeah, we also had cashcard problem. So quality of cashcard is now worse than before ? It's the 2nd or 3rd time it broke for us. The inspection guy was very bey song when the wife ask him how to prevent a 3rd or 4th time.. he just say "no need to fix anything lah, just go buy new card."

Such beauty of monopoly.

I went down a couple of time but it seems that my cash card is the one that spoil, all 3 some more. The FT guy use his nails to press on the edge of the cards and it manage to work again.

Edited by Acieed

Yeah, $5 in the name of better service and quality. I remember it used to be $2 or $3 and refundable.

and it costs $5 per card some more (no longer refundable). :angry:

The problem for me is that my cash cards always spoil after a few months. I think I should leave it in the IU instead of always taking in and out hiding it.

The problem for me is that my cash cards always spoil after a few months. I think I should leave it in the IU instead of always taking in and out hiding it.

when I put in my wallet, they blame my wallet. When I put in IU, they blame the sun exposure. All they win. :angry:

when I put in my wallet, they blame my wallet. When I put in IU, they blame the sun exposure. All they win. :angry:

I always leave the cash card in the car despite taking out of the IU. I think the cash card is quite tough from the sun exposure, I got a friend who dont remove his cash card at all, after 2-3 years, the tip that is expose to the sun is dark brown in colour, but the cash card is still working well. [laugh]

If he needs to top up his card, surely he has to take it out once a week or so ?

I always leave the cash card in the car despite taking out of the IU. I think the cash card is quite tough from the sun exposure, I got a friend who dont remove his cash card at all, after 2-3 years, the tip that is expose to the sun is dark brown in colour, but the cash card is still working well. [laugh]