In Car FM Transmitter

Strong

Neutral Newbie

My current player don't have Aux inlet. Thinking of getting a In-Car FM Transmitter, to play MP3; WMA files.

Any recommendation? Thanks for the advice.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

its not really good quality u get from the transmitter

else u can alternative get a preamp... and addition aux wire out ...

Hi Bros, thanks for your advice. How to do it (DIY)? Estimate cost? Complicated?

My current player don't have Aux inlet. Thinking of getting a In-Car FM Transmitter, to play MP3; WMA files.

Any recommendation? Thanks for the advice.

You may encounter occasional static even when it is placed near the player.

The device has an average range of 2-3m, tested by tuning my hp's radio to the transmitter frequency.

On the whole it's not bad unless you're those who are very particular about the sound. I would say the music is about the same as radio quality you get over the air.

I got mine at Sim Lim Sq, about $20+, plays MP3 and WMA and can connect SD card, thumbdrive and AUX In. Comes with a remote control.

Neutral Newbie

You may encounter occasional static even when it is placed near the player.

The device has an average range of 2-3m, tested by tuning my hp's radio to the transmitter frequency.

On the whole it's not bad unless you're those who are very particular about the sound. I would say the music is about the same as radio quality you get over the air.

I got mine at Sim Lim Sq, about $20+, plays MP3 and WMA and can connect SD card, thumbdrive and AUX In. Comes with a remote control.

Thank you Bros. If can get radio quality is gd enough for me liao. I am not an expert on Audio sound. Can advice the brand of your unit for reference. Thanks

easiest way is to just change your car head-unit. i got a pioneer one with front USB and front AUX for $250 incl installation.

Any clue if you can change it for the lancer EX? Seems like it is built in.

Neutral Newbie

easiest way is to just change your car head-unit. i got a pioneer one with front USB and front AUX for $250 incl installation.

Yes, this is one of the option. But my current player is still working fine. Don't have budget to change a new player at the moment. [sweatdrop] . That why looking for In Car FM Transmitter (cheaper option).

Any clue if you can change it for the lancer EX? Seems like it is built in.

You can check with C&C or those car radio shops if they have the panel to fit the standard radio.

Most will come in double din size, but you can get from accessories shop probably a CD holder to fill up the hole.

From what I know, KM does carry the panel for Jazz if you wish to remove the integrated radio.

Not cheap, costs about $100-200 for that piece of plastic.

That is why I went the FM transmitter option.

Yes, this is one of the option. But my current player is still working fine. Don't have budget to change a new player at the moment. [sweatdrop] . That why looking for In Car FM Transmitter (cheaper option).

the quality for FM transmitter is so disappointing that i went back to CDs. i was using a griffin ipod transmitter for awhile. the interference is awful especially around dairy farm road area and underground. rather keep the money and go back to CDs then when you think the time is right, get a new HU. an FM transmitter is something that you buy now and regret later.

Thank you Bros. If can get radio quality is gd enough for me liao. I am not an expert on Audio sound. Can advice the brand of your unit for reference. Thanks

I can't remember the brand. I've might even have drilled over the brand to create an on/off switch.

Go down to Sim Lim Sq think is L3 or L4, next to the escalator with white signboard, big corner shop selling accessories (could be Kao Yap .... can't remember). They have quite a few designs of FM transmitters there.

Mine plugs directly into the cigarette adapter and it is able to remember your last song.

If you're playing a song halfway and you off your engine, the next time you switch it on, it'll start from the beginning instead of where you stop.

No complaints after 1 year of usage, just that without an on/off switch, it'll keep going and going. If you choose to listen to radio stations, it'll still continue playing, unless you pull it out of the socket.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bros, thank you for your advice.

Today, I have skip my lunch and spend an hour to shop in Sim Lim. I manage to get 1 from a shop at Level 4.

I chose a unit with Built-in 2GB memory (VZTEC VC-CM1629). The product claim "Digital signal processing, very high quality sound".

I have download the MP3 file into the unit and will try out the product starting tomorrow. [sunny]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi Bros, thank you for your advice.

Today, I have skip my lunch and spend an hour to shop in Sim Lim. I manage to get 1 from a shop at Level 4.

I chose a unit with Built-in 2GB memory (VZTEC VC-CM1629). The product claim "Digital signal processing, very high quality sound".

I have download the MP3 file into the unit and will try out the product starting tomorrow. [sunny]

Hi all Bros,

After a few days of trying, I discovered the following weakness:-

The device don't have "OFF" switch. It will continue playing the song list even you listen to Radio or playing CD. You have to put a "PAUSE" to act as STOP.

Second, the volume is soft. You have to tune the player to higher volume level when playing this MP3 device.

Generally, I would said the device has performance well and meet my expectation. I give 90 marks to this MP3 device.

Edited by Strong

Hi all Bros,

After a few days of trying, I discovered the following weakness:-

The device don't have "OFF" switch. It will continue playing the song list even you listen to Radio or playing CD. You have to put a "PAUSE" to act as STOP.

Second, the volume is soft. You have to tune the player to higher volume level when playing this MP3 device.

Generally, I would said the device has performance well and meet my expectation. I give 90 marks to this MP3 device.

If you know a bit on electronics, you can mod an on/off switch to it.

I did it for mine, but quite troublesome as the device is small and the components are very close to each other.

↡ Advertisement