Voltage Stabilizer,Is it necessary?

Mustang

Thanks for the advice bro,appreciated [scholar] I was quite puzzled when the shop mention installing a DVD W/O VS will make your car a bit slower when you turn on the player [confused]

↡ Advertisement

That will depend on the brand of the VS you are installing, if you are installing the Pivot then you can save your money as there is no difference. I did really throw away my Pivot after I install another brand of VS. [thumbsup]

wat brand u installed?? cos i'm using pivot now, and starting feel a bit of difference... but now like back to square one liao...

It is about instantaneous current.

modern cars uses much electricity to push it out. No it is not an electric car but close enough. There are few instances that instantaneous current is needed.

1. Acceleration

2. Gear change

Depending on the acceleration, the harder you pressed on the more current it needs to churn out from the altenator and battery. Those that accelerate "smoothly" and do not go beyond 3K to change gear, can skip this. You won't need it.

But for those hard acceleration, in some cases, the current is not able to supply them as quickly as it is required. Made worst during those times, a gear change is required. All this requires a high demand of instantaneous current.

It's a complex calculations but car manufacturer figured it out and it's usually sufficient without the Vstab. BUT when you start playing ICE and sapping in more current, that's where the problem is. Again, if you accelerate smoothly and played heavy ICE, then don't bother.

But ppl who play ICE typically don't accelerate like grandpa... so Vstab may be needed.

However, some vstab are merely Voltage filters. that is it clean off the ripple voltage on the DC. some ICE sensitive buggers are sensitive to these power noise and as such, the Vstab is good for them and they are see the difference. Audio freaks do have many "voodoo" stuff that is hard to believe but it's there and to some they do see the difference.

As for me, I don't play ICE, but installed a Vstab that will give me smooth good supply of current during those acceleration and smooth gear change.

Otherwise, during your next battery change, try to get a battery that is having a higher CCA values. Typically Varta batteries will have these ratings.

Hope this helps.. and I am not a guy selling Vstab.. so don't ask me what I sell.. I used them not sell them.. got it! :P

Hi,Just now have been asking a shop that sell ICE and car DVD.I was looking for an average price for a DVD player with bluettooth for my compact car.He says beside fitting the DVD i need to install VS and possibly grounding cables for my drive by wire engine.Now i wanna to ask the pro here is it necessary?I only wanna to fit the DVD that the sound still using my factory fitted clarion speakers.Does it effect the car battery and performance if i doesnt wanna to fit the VS?

No need for VS. But you may want to consider a battery desulphator like nanopulser. It prolonged my no brand MF battery which was supposed to kaput some time ago for another 6-8 months.

Yes. I do play ICE.

Edited by Yuan

Me also getting nanopulser very soon. I dun play ICE but i do have a dvd player. 80% of the time, have to on it cos if not, my children wil go beserk. Hehe. So off with my VS and goin for the latter.

That will depend on the brand of the VS you are installing, if you are installing the Pivot then you can save your money as there is no difference. I did really throw away my Pivot after I install another brand of VS. [thumbsup]

Can pm me the brand you using now? Thanks

roughly how much does the nanopulser cost?

You can search around the forum. Installer's name and contact can be found.

i have used Pivot Stabilizer

Raizin Spark

got 2 type mine is Voltage Stabilizer type

The MEGA Raizin

Small 1 the spark Not So Sure The difference between 2 but it really saves my fuel comsumption when i have install it [:p]

all have similar functions just that different brands

if have grounding wire may help a bit

I think the Voltage stabiliser is only useful for older cars, who can really appreciate from its features.

For newer cars,, not much diff. Just the "feel good" factor..

Open up the VS box and you'll see mostly capacitors.

The costs of capacitor is a few cents to a few bucks.

Yet VS is selling for megabucks.

A few capacitors cannot lengthen your battery life.

In fact, if it breaks down, it shortens the battery life.

A battery desulphator with a proper heat shield will lengthen your battery life.

How do you do a proper heat shield for a battery desulphator like nanopulser?

Open up the VS box and you'll see mostly capacitors.

The costs of capacitor is a few cents to a few bucks.

Yet VS is selling for megabucks.

A few capacitors cannot lengthen your battery life.

In fact, if it breaks down, it shortens the battery life.

Fully agreed with you.

How do you do a proper heat shield for a battery desulphator like nanopulser?

Sorry, I don't mean you heat shield the nanoplulser.

First of all, you must heat shield the battery to protect it from the hot engine heat. [:p]

Nanopulser or battery desulphator is a 2nd line of defence, imo.

↡ Advertisement