Electricity tariffs for households will go up by 12.5%

Sleepyman

SINGAPORE : For the quarter starting in October, electricity tariffs for households will go up by 12.5 per cent or 2.41 cents to 21.69 cents per kilowatt-hour.

SP Services said the increase is due largely to significantly higher fuel oil prices over the last three months, which increased by around 21 per cent to S$92.03 per barrel.

It added that this brings the fuel oil price to around the level in the first quarter of this year.

This is the second quarter tariffs have gone up, after they dipped in the first two quarters of this year.

In July, tariffs went up by 7 per cent.

Starting from July, the Energy Market Authority used a new formula of calculating tariffs, which takes an average price from the three months in the previous quarter, instead of the first month of the previous quarter. - CNA

:blink:

Due to F1? [grin]

↡ Advertisement

Hmm...can't be... i thought fuel prices are much lower than the $93.xx per barrel for the past 3 months?

i rem they say oil and price not related... ZzZ now they say related...

What a bunch of bullcrap.......anyway, our market is monopolized, what to do, we willingly put our head on the chopping board to chop carrot everytime. Maybe it's time to save up to invest on a diesel generator...

Edited by S7834g

At least 4th quarter of the year is cooler, else all my air-cons sure full-blast. Then when the electricity bills arrive, I sure [dead]

i thot that time they say privatisation = competition = cheaper rates :wacko:

That's what the script writer or at least story tellers living in fantasy island claims.

Too much of a scholar material, everything is based on theory and not reality.

SINGAPORE : For the quarter starting in October, electricity tariffs for households will go up by 12.5 per cent or 2.41 cents to 21.69 cents per kilowatt-hour.

SP Services said the increase is due largely to significantly higher fuel oil prices over the last three months, which increased by around 21 per cent to S$92.03 per barrel.

It added that this brings the fuel oil price to around the level in the first quarter of this year.

This is the second quarter tariffs have gone up, after they dipped in the first two quarters of this year.

In July, tariffs went up by 7 per cent.

Starting from July, the Energy Market Authority used a new formula of calculating tariffs, which takes an average price from the three months in the previous quarter, instead of the first month of the previous quarter. - CNA

:blink:

Due to F1? [grin]

BOOMZ!

what can be easier then making money from your own folks and sucking them dry when you don't have the ability to make money from the ang mok !!!

↡ Advertisement