Leaking Toilet Cistern

Altivo

Twincharged

something i gathered from my experience with replacing the flush assembly.

when i did my reno, i was given Baron brand for my WCs.

but the flush assembly for the Baron cost almost $40 now !

so going forward, when i get my new BTO, i will make sure i buy a cheaper fitting flush assembly to replace the one installed by HDB before i start the water running ... so if i need to replace the assembly in the future, it will be cheaper also.

btw, anyone know what brand are the new BTOs bundled with ? 

↡ Advertisement

The youtube video seems easy.. But when come to actual replacement for our Hdb type bowl.. Knn sibei challenging.. I give up.. Will spend more get new bowl.. Zzz

Sigh.. Agree. Conclusion is get a new bowl. Carousell got 1 promo. Buy 2 new bowl with installation. At $400. Ok good deal? The guy oso dispose off the old bowls.

the whole assembly would probably cost less than $30 , why spend money to replace bowl? If the bowl cost $400, plus labor may cost up to $550.

Hypersonic

The youtube video seems easy.. But when come to actual replacement for our Hdb type bowl.. Knn sibei challenging.. I give up.. Will spend more get new bowl.. Zzz

i managed to change mine watching youtube

needed to buy a special tool to do it though

also if your original is single flush, have to buy same type to replace ...dual flush to dual flush

put down toilet cover and put the whole tank on it to work on

Why change the bowl when it’s the drain valve assembly that’s faulty? The water tank may have hairline crack though.

To change the bowl requires licensed plumber to deal with the floor sealing...you don’t wish to face with leak issue with neighbor after shabby job...

Not difficult to change all the assemblies in the tank.... just heavy weight and access are the two challenges

Or yah, as mentioned...might as well change the big rubber grommet, lock down pins and all rubber washers since at it.

• Praise 2

I replaced mine (3 no) without help (as usual) . Changed from single to dual flush. No issues. The photo shows quite standard system, any hardware shop should have compatible replacement part. It is those one-piece type that are difficult to find replacement parts.

Save the earth, don't throw away the whole bowl becos of a small rubber seal.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Ok wah thanks for the guidance. So after removing the 2 lock nuts.. I have to remove the whole tank to remove the faulty pump set?

Yes. 

There is also a rubber gasket between the tank and the bowl. This is the joint where the water from the tank flows into the bowl. You will see the rubber gasket when you remove the tank. Make sure you sit the rubber gasket  back properly when you re-install the tank.

Edited by Icedbs

kindly recommend a cheap and good looking & sitting  and easy maintenance toilet bowl. Which models are you using at home - recommended or avoid? 

The toilet bowls at Jewel has got this tornado flush - 3 horizontal water outlets to create a water swirl round the bowl, this should be the latest design. Good or gimmick? 

my MaClaire cistern is leaking, i.e. water flow into the bowl continuously (without pressing flushing button). i swapped the flushing assembly (see attached) with other cistern in my flat and conclude that it is the flushing assembly which has problem, in which, i don't know what exactly is the problem. I googled and the phone number of Agent/Distributor is 'invalid number' - no longer in business? 

can you share with me if you know where i buy this flushing assembly?

i thank you for your time. THANK YOU!

1.jpeg

Just replace with 3rd party type from neighborhood hardware shops unless it is those one piece type that is harder to find. 

If really must find McClaire, maybe can try Universal Union. I found one (that still needed some mod) for my one piece McClaire bowl.

Toilet masters, what is the likely problem if my inlet valve is causing loud screeching sound when refilling the toilet water tank?

Could it be the rubber gasket between the inlet valve and the tank, or could the entire inlet valve be faulty?

I can't find anything on google regarding this problem so got to turn here for help.

1 hour ago, Beehive3783 said:

Toilet masters, what is the likely problem if my inlet valve is causing loud screeching sound when refilling the toilet water tank?

Could it be the rubber gasket between the inlet valve and the tank, or could the entire inlet valve be faulty?

I can't find anything on google regarding this problem so got to turn here for help.

maybe the screw limiter is set too much, ie the float drops too little, thus opening a very small gap for the water to force itself through.  Like blowing between your fingers to whistle. 

9 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

maybe the screw limiter is set too much, ie the float drops too little, thus opening a very small gap for the water to force itself through.  Like blowing between your fingers to whistle. 

Mine is the new generation type with the float cup. The available adjustment from open to close is only like 5mm hahaha so actually i have been playing with this limiter for a very long time and it was no use until I decided to remove the whole thing completely last night.

(edited)
10 hours ago, Beehive3783 said:

Normally for this loud screeching sound,  I will turn the inlet tap and reduce the inward flow of water.  Works all the time though this is not the proper way to fix and refilling may take a longer time . 

Edited by Count-Bracula
Grammar
  • Praise 1

21 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

Normally for this loud screeching sound,  I will turn the inlet tap and reduce the inward flow of water.  Works all the time though this is not the proper way to fix and refilling may take a longer time . 

That's what i did... takes a really long long time to fill up the tank.

The just nice, the flush valve flapper also leaking slightly, so I probably need to get rubber grease or silicone grease to coat the flapper?

So all the contributing factors are making me very fed up haha

• Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

That's what i did... takes a really long long time to fill up the tank.

The just nice, the flush valve flapper also leaking slightly, so I probably need to get rubber grease or silicone grease to coat the flapper?

So all the contributing factors are making me very fed up haha

Leaky cistern and tap really very ma fan one.  I made a big mistake in my house reno.  For every water outlet, there must be a control valve before it.  This is to facilitate changing of leaking tap,  don't have to outside flat to turn off mains.

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, Count-Bracula said:

Leaky cistern and tap really very ma fan one.  I made a big mistake in my house reno.  For every water outlet, there must be a control valve before it.  This is to facilitate changing of leaking tap,  don't have to outside flat to turn off mains.

Now many contractors steal labour reduce materials, doing away with this control valve. I inspected and made them re-do all. LOL.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2