Racist?

Little_blue

Racism will always be around. You really think some s'poreans are colour-blind? People don't talk about it openly doesn't means there is no problem. I'm sure we have come across people racist comments in private, etc....

Racist is not only now common in Sg and not only to majority but even majority calling the minority group racist...need to laugh on this and no offence please just through my experience...

Recently left the company because of this..further more is not small company but well known throughout the world..

Been in the company for 13yrs and working under 9 executives and 6 managers respectively..with almost same qualifications as me...brought up certain issue on promotions ..were accused of being racist..

Sorry... maybe not all are racist ..maybe I am at the wrong place at the wrong zone of time...

Now working in a company where am still a minority but am respected by others..

Cheers just sharing not to offence anybody.. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

racism is still in singapore. thou people doesnt say but everybody know.

as they say, "theres no racial harmony. there is only racial tolerance."

govt ban this ban that, fine this fine that.

you talk about black or white to a carrot cake uncle also can be fine lor.

anw im not a racist. :D

Racism exists everywhere, true. But as a bunch, Asians tend to have more deeply entrenched racist tendencies than the "whites". The Chinese are probably the most racist, even among the Asians. The South Asians (Indians, etc.) are probably less racist when it comes to judging "other" races, but are plenty discriminatory when it comes to cherry picking amongst their own race, separating people by caste and sub-caste, etc. This, to me, is a form of racism, too.

I know it's ironic to state what I did as baldly as I did, because even that is arguably a "racist" sentiment. Too bad - it is what it is, and the truth should be self-evident to anyone candid enough to want to own up to it. Even these forums contain plenty of racial epithets ("negro", "blackie" for a person of African descent, "Ah Neh/An Neh" for Indians, etc.) This is especially remarkable given all the moderation that goes on here (note to mods - you do a fine job, and this is not a slur against you, it's just hard to keep up), and all the sword-waving by our dear government about sedition and what-not. Yet the racist rhetoric somehow keeps slipping through into the ether. In contrast, you would be fairly hard pressed to find a racist epithet being weaseled into a post on a US car forum, for example - despite all the emphasis on free speech there, they're far more sensitive about these things, and an errant poster will immediately be challenged or shouted down, or a mod will step in. I should know, I've been a moderator on a US car forum for ages.

But even though Asians tend to be more "racist" in their thinking than the whites, there's far less violent acting-out. If I were in US or Europe, my chances of encountering overtly expressed racist sentiment in a social setting would be far less than in an Asian setting - however, it's far more likely that if I do encounter such a racial element, there's a high chance of it getting physically ugly. Note that I didn't include Australia here, but that's only because the Australians have the somewhat dubious distinction of apparently harbouring more vehement racists per capita than the rest of the predominantly "white" countries. And it's quite likely to get violent down under too, which can make visiting Australia quite a nightmare for an Asian if you happen to get unlucky in your encounters.

Edited by Turboflat4

Don't we? Think carefully and consider the evidence before stating a conclusion like that. I happen to know quite a few things, including particular scholarships and entrance to certain "hot" tertiary courses that are likely to be decided in your preference if you happen to belong to certain minority groups. But I shall refrain from being any more explicit, lest I be accused of sedition and what-not.

Edited by Turboflat4

in spore, we treat all races equally. even if a person dun like a race, he should keep it to himself.

really?

then how come you got 2 yellow cards?

okay kiddin again.

hahaa [laugh] [laugh]

Racism exists everywhere, true. But as a bunch, Asians tend to have more deeply entrenched racist tendencies than the "whites". The Chinese are probably the most racist, even among the Asians. The South Asians (Indians, etc.) are probably less racist when it comes to judging "other" races, but are plenty discriminatory when it comes to cherry picking amongst their own race, separating people by caste and sub-caste, etc. This, to me, is a form of racism, too.

I know it's ironic to state what I did as baldly as I did, because even that is arguably a "racist" sentiment. Too bad - it is what it is, and the truth should be self-evident to anyone candid enough to want to own up to it. Even these forums contain plenty of racial epithets ("negro", "blackie" for a person of African descent, "Ah Neh/An Neh" for Indians, etc.) This is especially remarkable given all the moderation that goes on here (note to mods - you do a fine job, and this is not a slur against you, it's just hard to keep up), and all the sword-waving by our dear government about sedition and what-not. Yet the racist rhetoric somehow keeps slipping through into the ether. In contrast, you would be fairly hard pressed to find a racist epithet being weaseled into a post on a US car forum, for example - despite all the emphasis on free speech there, they're far more sensitive about these things, and an errant poster will immediately be challenged or shouted down, or a mod will step in. I should know, I've been a moderator on a US car forum for ages.

But even though Asians tend to be more "racist" in their thinking than the whites, there's far less violent acting-out. If I were in US or Europe, my chances of encountering overtly expressed racist sentiment in a social setting would be far less than in an Asian setting - however, it's far more likely that if I do encounter such a racial element, there's a high chance of it getting physically ugly. Note that I didn't include Australia here, but that's only because the Australians have the somewhat dubious distinction of apparently harbouring more vehement racists per capita than the rest of the predominantly "white" countries. And it's quite likely to get violent down under too, which can make visiting Australia quite a nightmare for an Asian if you happen to get unlucky in your encounters.

ZzzZzzzZzz.............

ZzzZzzzZzz.............

Perhaps you should go and get some sleep and get refreshed, I don't think your present mental faculties are quite up to parsing my post. [rolleyes]

Perhaps you should go and get some sleep and get refreshed, I don't think your present mental faculties are quite up to parsing my post. [rolleyes]

sshhh...tryin to sleep.

do not disturb.

Are you saying certain groups get preference shares, special permit to buy car without paying prohibitive tax, or buying a house with 15% discount although you are a millionaire and can jolly well afford it and the likes?

I do not know if such things occur here, I've not heard of it. But these are the affirmative actions I'm referring to that exist in certain country.

You are saying certain group gets preference in university entrance. If you can't put forth the evidence, perhaps you should not even mention it in the first place. This is your mere conjecture and sheer rubbish for the sake of writing a post.

↡ Advertisement