Speedy Latio

Mcblue

The SE at Tan Chong told me latio sport will start to feel floaty once u hit 140km/h.

He asked me to try for myself and I did feel that I had to grip the steering wheel quite tightly as it felt so light at that speed.......

But I remember back in 2005, road reviews all comment that at any given high speed, the sedan floats more than the sport.

And it should be so what(?), since the sedan is lighter than the sport.

Edited by Alfisti168
↡ Advertisement

The SE at Tan Chong told me latio sport will start to feel floaty once u hit 140km/h.

He asked me to try for myself and I did feel that I had to grip the steering wheel quite tightly as it felt so light at that speed.......

Are you sure steering wheel is light? It's electronically controlled and weight is the same at any speed. I don't know drive how many times at that speed in NSHW already... My previous sunny yes, steering gets very light at 140, latio no. Car have slight floaty feel but not the steering.

Turbocharged

Wah! Who's e powderful SE who let u test drove at 140kmh! [sweatdrop]

Yeah man. My SE only let me drive around Bt Timah Rd 2 rounds only. Max 3 km and never even have the chance to hit 80km/hr given the traffic there. [laugh]

Because of the featherweight floating feeling, you tend to grip tighter on the steering wheel for fear that the car may get out of control.

That's my only complaint abt the car, the good about the car is that it's relatively quite.

frankly speaking,in Singapore, it doesn't make any difference when you drive a ferrari or Latio lor....

Unless you're talking about breaking the law.......

Because of the featherweight floating feeling, you tend to grip tighter on the steering wheel for fear that the car may get out of control.

That's my only complaint abt the car, the good about the car is that it's relatively quite.

Just to let you know that steering weight can be adjusted. My brother did that before, go TC tell them to adjust lighter. Me too own a latio and my steering is much heavier than his. There are various settings to it. As a latio owner and my driving experience in NSHW with various car, latio steering is not light at high speed. [:)]

Edited by Pchmj

Neutral Newbie

i like my nissan latio. its good for cruising, not for fighting speed.

Red light turn green press pedal,

all cars chiong like animal

latio pedal press light light,

slow, but we dun show our might

your car speed at 180,

steering vibrate like crazy.

latio zoom past steadily

firm like hell we're at 190!!!

i like my nissan latio. its good for cruising, not for fighting speed.

Red light turn green press pedal,

all cars chiong like animal

latio pedal press light light,

slow, but we dun show our might

your car speed at 180,

steering vibrate like crazy.

latio zoom past steadily

firm like hell we're at 190!!!

Are u sure your Latio can do 190km/h, mine only hit 140-150km/h [confused]

My max is 185 then release right foot although still can go up, on a CVT btw. Try for fun only. For a 1.5/1.6L family sedan, I'll not drive at that speed. If someone with a jap or korean family sedan say it's stable and quiet at 180, I seriously doubt it...

Edited by Pchmj

Lol I do 160kmph anytime on NSH with plenty more to go. U better bring your latio for a checkup as you might have got a lemon. I'm not sure about you but most latio should be able to break through 170kmph unless your balls cannot take it then it's different story lah. Those who say Latio slow, with OD off, latio can fly, but not faster than cars bigger than 1.6l lah, duh! Compare with Altis and Mazda 3, Latio is much faster since body is way lighter.

Edited by Pmet

find that latio hatchback is more sporty.... as for speed... unless your car got turbo else dun bother....

Notice from latio club, some latio got turbo [sweatdrop]

Then again, turbo isn't really appealing to latio owners

Edited by Pmet

I find my latio pickup slow.. is it CVT problem

1st, use 98 if you want POWER....

2nd, press that damn sport button lar aiyo.....CVT is more powerful you know?

↡ Advertisement