Australia: Car Rental in Perth

Tjkbeluga

Hi Guys,

Planning to go to Perth for a free and easy trip in early december this year. Can anyone recommend me where can I book best pricing car? Preferably online. Thinking of booking a camry size car as we have 4 adult and 2 children (age 5 and 7). Will definitely travel out of Perth but not going to Albany as it's too rush for less than a week trip.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

can check Bayswater if they are still around ...

but 4 adults + 2 children in Camry not very comfortable lei ... think MPV better lah ...

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

Planning to go to Perth for a free and easy trip in early december this year. Can anyone recommend me where can I book best pricing car? Preferably online. Thinking of booking a camry size car as we have 4 adult and 2 children (age 5 and 7). Will definitely travel out of Perth but not going to Albany as it's too rush for less than a week trip.

Thanks.

I second bayswater and remember go for the unlimited mileage. How about map? which map are you using?

Neutral Newbie

bayswater for no frills.

GPS can be had, for a little add-on.

can choose to return the car and take a cab to the airport, or return at airport and pay surcharge of AUD60.

Neutral Newbie

I useed Hertz when I was in Perth a few years ago. Company rate. Booked an Estima for 7 adults, travelled nearly 2000km.

Booked online, pick up the car at the airport when I reached, and returned it at the airport before my flight back to SG. Arrangements will be made if picking up the keys after office hours.

can check Bayswater if they are still around ...

but 4 adults + 2 children in Camry not very comfortable lei ... think MPV better lah ...

I agree. Camry is a squeeze for 4 adults and 2 kids. Btw, there may be a law to have all belt up, so how to with 4 adults and 2 kids. i would go for a MPV so that all are belt up (not because of law) but for safety and comfort.

I have so far booked Hertz and just collect and return car in airport.

Neutral Newbie

Try M2000 Car Rental. The rates are comparable to Bayswater if you choose to have the unlimited mileage option.

I rather not take Bayswater due to high signature. Bayswater's fleet are all white with the "no birds" stickers, so it is a dead giveaway that you are likely not local and you have valuables in the car.

Edited by Optix

Neutral Newbie

At the airport just ask from all the available companies there. One can be substantially cheaper than others, from some reasons. Ya Camry too squeeze for 4+2.

Mate , in Australia, you will be pulled up if you have 4 adults and 2 kids in your car.

If the kids are above 8 , they would be too big, if they are younger then childseats are mandatory and Aussie TP are strict about safety .

I'll be in OZ too this december, 4 adults 1 child just nice fit into a 3-liter Holden Commodore.

enjoy your trip

Edited by Throttle2

Anyone booked car rental for Perth via vroomvroomvroom & can share the experience about collecting and returning car at airport?

Booking a Hertz car.

Better to book excess waiver insurance on the spot at Hertz (AUD224) or via the online portal 'Hiccup Insurance' which pops up to ask if you want to buy their insurance for AUD4K excess waiver ($169)?

vroomvroomvroom is just the portal for booking europcar, hertz, avis, budget, etc - there is no different

i have used their service ... good [thumbsup]

i booked thru vroom and best part is only pay upon car collection. i booked a europcar for toyota but they give me a hyundai ...

i walked away and get a toyota (fairly new) from hertz at same price [;)] - can negotiate at the counter

all the car rental companies are at the perth airport ... you can get cars from any counter ... the collection and return car is exactly the same ... i normally take up the insurance package (full coverage) offered by the company at the counter for peace of mind ... it's not worth it to save that 200-ish for the comprehensive insurance coverage

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

screw the gps ... use google maps or tomtom (no data required) on iphone [thumbsup]

Why gps rental so ex? About 10 plus aud daily

↡ Advertisement