Australia: Car Rental in Perth

Tjkbeluga

Forget getting those wifi dongle from SG on auto-roaming the speed sux that how they earn you. limit your speed slow you down till you wont use it. [;)]

Anyway you need to make a trip to the local coles or Woolworth for your water and necessities, so get your local prepaid telstra there. The speed is way faster as compared to the auto-roam you get from your SG SIMs.

Pinnacles is worth it only if its on the way else little out of place, there isn't much to play other then to see the standing sand sticks. unless you going for 4WD and sand dunes else pretty much nothing. (btw do note your cars maybe 4WD but if stuck insurance doesn't cover as it's not seal road. and rescuing tow fee avg around 1K) :a-bang:

As for the traffic fine, yes they do send it all the way to SG and it's 75$ extra on top of the fine as rental charge admin fee for pulling out your address from their system. speeding on their highway only if it's really out far from city at your own risk of cos.

traps can be anywhere from the back of some old trucks that seem like a break down to just beside the dustbins.

Airport counter open fairly early around 6 or 7 there are open. For 7A3C easiest for your group will be two kluger instead of imax do check with the rental if they can provide you 4wd kluger instead of 2wd as the fun will be different even they may not be true 4wd but at least travelling on hard sand it's still possible.

some tips for fuel, outskirt fuel will be more expensive as compare to City so try to fill till brim before heading to the smaller towns. and fuel is cheapest on wednesday and most exp on tuesday. different station have diff price even they maybe just across the street.

Edited by Victorco
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Forget getting those wifi dongle from SG on auto-roaming the speed sux that how they earn you. limit your speed slow you down till you wont use it. [;)]

Anyway you need to make a trip to the local coles or Woolworth for your water and necessities, so get your local prepaid telstra there. The speed is way faster as compared to the auto-roam you get from your SG SIMs.

Pinnacles is worth it only if its on the way else little out of place, there isn't much to play other then to see the standing sand sticks. unless you going for 4WD and sand dunes else pretty much nothing. (btw do note your cars maybe 4WD but if stuck insurance doesn't cover as it's not seal road. and rescuing tow fee avg around 1K) :a-bang:

As for the traffic fine, yes they do send it all the way to SG and it's 75$ extra on top of the fine as rental charge admin fee for pulling out your address from their system. speeding on their highway only if it's really out far from city at your own risk of cos.

traps can be anywhere from the back of some old trucks that seem like a break down to just beside the dustbins.

Airport counter open fairly early around 6 or 7 there are open. For 7A3C easiest for your group will be two kluger instead of imax do check with the rental if they can provide you 4wd kluger instead of 2wd as the fun will be different even they may not be true 4wd but at least travelling on hard sand it's still possible.

some tips for fuel, outskirt fuel will be more expensive as compare to City so try to fill till brim before heading to the smaller towns. and fuel is cheapest on wednesday and most exp on tuesday. different station have diff price even they maybe just across the street.

I haven't re-visited WA for at 10years. The challenge there is places of interests are far apart e.g. Albany, Pinnacles, Monkey mia. During an earlier trip, when I didn't know and plan better, I have driven from Perth to Margaret River and back as a day trip

I haven't re-visited WA for at 10years. The challenge there is places of interests are far apart e.g. Albany, Pinnacles, Monkey mia. During an earlier trip, when I didn't know and plan better, I have driven from Perth to Margaret River and back as a day trip

• Praise 3

I haven't re-visited WA for at 10years. The challenge there is places of interests are far apart e.g. Albany, Pinnacles, Monkey mia. During an earlier trip, when I didn't know and plan better, I have driven from Perth to Margaret River and back as a day trip ð¥

Wa piang.. that's 600km both ways.. 6-7hours on the road..

Trip to Perth should be around five plus one days at least? Very rushed ya? Early morning start and drive and nighttime stare at the sky.

Mmmmmm.

Must see the cousin Dingo.

Count mah coins time.

Edited by Datsun366
  • Praise 6

Trip to Perth should be around five plus one days at least? Very rushed ya? Early morning start and drive and nighttime stare at the sky.

wah, got the Hokkien Mee TNB !!!  :wub:

Wa piang.. that's 600km both ways.. 6-7hours on the road..

I recall it was more than 700km. By the time I arrived at this lighthouse at southern most tip, it was closed for the day
  • Praise 2

Mmmmmm.

Must see the cousin Dingo.

Count mah coins time.

if really wan to follow the local style 7-9 days will be good for perth to albany and back perth.

either once reach u wack all the way to albany then slowly move back to perth or u slowly go down then wack all the way back 500+km to perth.

more relax way is  bunbury, busselton, margaret river, walpole, denmark, albany. then albany hw back to perth. each town one day or so will cover.

• Praise 2

anyone rent their car from hertz?? was quite suprised their price is better than nobird, avis and budget.

review for hertz rental

btw for those going Australia, remember to apply Visa. I apply thru team kangaroos and received two free Visa.

u can google for their service.. i am amazed at their speed.

anyone rent their car from hertz?? was quite suprised their price is better than nobird, avis and budget.

review for hertz rental

btw for those going Australia, remember to apply Visa. I apply thru team kangaroos and received two free Visa.

u can google for their service.. i am amazed at their speed.

Hertz cars are quite new always. Lees then 30k mileage mostly. I always use their rental, price wise I will say comparable. But need to get their insurance for ease of mind. But It's like double the rental but almost same with other company.

You can sign up their members and set your default to include insurance which will return cheaper rates compare to default without. U need to play around their portal for comparison, and price will change as date come closer if there isn't much bookings. So u can cancel and rebook again for cheaper rates unless your prefer car is not available then u do a overcounter rate revise. Try to bring along another company rates for bargaining.

Hertz cars are quite new always. Lees then 30k mileage mostly. I always use their rental, price wise I will say comparable. But need to get their insurance for ease of mind. But It's like double the rental but almost same with other company.

You can sign up their members and set your default to include insurance which will return cheaper rates compare to default without. U need to play around their portal for comparison, and price will change as date come closer if there isn't much bookings. So u can cancel and rebook again for cheaper rates unless your prefer car is not available then u do a overcounter rate revise. Try to bring along another company rates for bargaining.

thanks for the advise.. ya their insurance like very expensive so like end up not worth it.

over the counter still can ask for rate revise?? wow didnt know that

sorry cannot find exact $$ amount for their insurance to reduce the excess?? u know how much it cost?? got any link??

Hertz has always been quite transparent. A bit expensive compared to the rest, but new cars most of the time. Boils down to what car you choose. I chose a new Nissan X trail ( only 3000 km) during my last trip and really regretted it. Had 800 km of "boat riding" during the stay in Perth......

• Praise 1

Agree.. Their cars are new.. But that doesn't necessarily mean its clean though. I rented a Toyota Kluger and was surprised it has only 4800km done on it. Very new car.. But when I step in, the car feels like it is at least 2 yrs old. The mats are dusty, seats (non-leathered) are dusty and has a smell on it. Windows are cloudy and so on. 

And their insurance is more expensive than the car rental rate itself. Dang!!!!

• Praise 4

Their tarago is our version of estima right?

Nobirds offers tarago. Machiam boh carnival... was scared that tarago too small for 5adults n 2 kids n 4 luggages. Hee..

• Praise 1

thanks for the advise.. ya their insurance like very expensive so like end up not worth it.

over the counter still can ask for rate revise?? wow didnt know that

If u. Book online with member account created. U can configure insurance together. That way it will reduce the insurance by almost half.

Price can revise. U can ask for it. If not you just show them u book again and lower price given. Ask them to match it.

sorry cannot find exact $$ amount for their insurance to reduce the excess?? u know how much it cost?? got any link??

Reduce access not worth t. Just get the complete coverage one. Is 27$+ per day cap at 10days if not wrong. It's all in the booking portal.

Reduce access not worth t. Just get the complete coverage one. Is 27$+ per day cap at 10days if not wrong. It's all in the booking portal.

Hertz has always been quite transparent. A bit expensive compared to the rest, but new cars most of the time. Boils down to what car you choose. I chose a new Nissan X trail ( only 3000 km) during my last trip and really regretted it. Had 800 km of "boat riding" during the stay in Perth......

Should have drive back and demand a new ride.

Nobirds offers tarago. Machiam boh carnival... was scared that tarago too small for 5adults n 2 kids n 4 luggages. Hee..

Too small in my view. The bags already need one seat. U need two or a imax

Too small in my view. The bags already need one seat. U need two or a imax

Agree.. Their cars are new.. But that doesn't necessarily mean its clean though. I rented a Toyota Kluger and was surprised it has only 4800km done on it. Very new car.. But when I step in, the car feels like it is at least 2 yrs old. The mats are dusty, seats (non-leathered) are dusty and has a smell on it. Windows are cloudy and so on. 

And their insurance is more expensive than the car rental rate itself. Dang!!!!

ya the insurance to reduce excess is way too expensive.. my friend advise me to depend on travel insurance instead.. cheaper and might have similar coverage.

↡ Advertisement