Australia: Car Rental in Perth

Tjkbeluga

37 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

That's why 8 series use canvas.

New MX5 manual folding fabric roof bestest. 1 handed effortless operation 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Back to topic.

Anyone knows which other car rental company rents interesting cars in Perth besides Hertz? Unfortunately I think Sixt doesn't hv a branch there

47 minutes ago, Soya said:

Back to topic.

Anyone knows which other car rental company rents interesting cars in Perth besides Hertz? Unfortunately I think Sixt doesn't hv a branch there

Avis has Signature selection, mostly BMW. 

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Back to topic.

What car you intend to rent? Hertz got porsche/audi R8 all these.. but always never get to rent them...

25 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

What car you intend to rent? Hertz got porsche/audi R8 all these.. but always never get to rent them...

Dunno. See what they have lor then decide

On 2/3/2020 at 8:42 PM, Soya said:

If unmarked, how to look out for it?...

all unmarked cars will have antenna for comms, easy to spot if you know where to look. usually a thin black antenna sticking out from the windows or rear glass. only thing you can't really look out for is hidden speed cams in bushes. but with waze, there's still some hope that people report..

3 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

By the time you spot unmarked and you're doing something illegal, probably too late..

Yeah....probably gotta be close enuf to spot the little black antenna. But radar signal travels way further than what our eyes can see....

16 hours ago, Soya said:

Yeah....probably gotta be close enuf to spot the little black antenna. But radar signal travels way further than what our eyes can see....

good thing is that WA is the only state that a radar dectector is still legal. all others is illegal. can help in detecting unmarked and marked cars because they are installed with radar. where as the hidden speed cam is laser and you can't really do much with rental and laser jammer.. (which is illegal anyway)

Hi Guys,

I will be heading to Perth next month on a self drive trip can I find out from all Sifu and Lao chiao is our Spore driving license good for car rental or I need to convert to International driving permit.

TIA

33 minutes ago, Acewin said:

Hi Guys,

I will be heading to Perth next month on a self drive trip can I find out from all Sifu and Lao chiao is our Spore driving license good for car rental or I need to convert to International driving permit.

TIA

Well, if nothing has changed, then our SG license is fine. My impression is that as our license is in Engilsh, all the countries that use English, will recognise our license. Only countries that dun use English, then need to convert to IDP.

remember to download offline map on your phone to use for navigation there. Most of outskirt areas got no mobile signal, so don't depend on live map navigation.

• Praise 3

just get a IDP from AA online la ... $20 nia

some car rental quit sticky ... they want SC Driving License + IDP

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

11 hours ago, Acewin said:

Hi Guys,

TIA

Just get an IDP, not difficult n costly.

Perth is a nice city to stay comparing to east. I was there for 2 yrs. Slow and relax......

U driving to north and south of WA? If there is a chance and very challenging to try driving west to east. Good luck, drive slowly and enjoy the scenery. 

Edited by jcmm
  • Praise 1

12 hours ago, Acewin said:

Hi Guys,

TIA

Don't need. 

12 hours ago, Acewin said:

Hi Guys,

TIA

no need, can use singapore driving licence.

Remember not to speed over there, very easy to kena speeding ticket especially once you leave perth metro area and heading north to pinnacles side or heading south to margaret river side.

Still got my speeding fine from my last trip in July 2019, summon shows 118km/h in a 100km/h zone in the middle of the night where cannot see any speed camera around when returning to perth from down south😅

Hi All Sifu,

Thank you for you reply actually I have been to Aussie several times and all self drive just asking thought if anything change after the Covid 19 pandemic. I have also written to the car rental company but they have not reply yet. Once I have answer will also update here for everyone's info.

• Praise 1

On 8/27/2022 at 9:30 PM, Acewin said:

Hi All Sifu,

Thank you for you reply actually I have been to Aussie several times and all self drive just asking thought if anything change after the Covid 19 pandemic. I have also written to the car rental company but they have not reply yet. Once I have answer will also update here for everyone's info.

I guess only the price and availability has changed? Not sure if the demand and supply for rental cars have been fixed... otherwise I guess it will be pretty expensive and may be difficult to get the cheaper models...

↡ Advertisement