New Esso discount coupons

Garlic

Valid from 6 October 2009 to 30 November 2009, coupons available @ Esso stations.

$2 off for every S$40

$3 off for every $55

$4 off for every $70

Additional 12% discount if paying with Citibank credit card.

dededes.jpg

Edited by Garlic
↡ Advertisement

I thought if you pump to the required amount, They will auto deduct the discount price by the cashier?

Discount vocher Coupon is not a must, right?

Anyone can confirm?

Actually if like this, Why not Esso save the printing money , dun waste paper, save the tree or maybecan give those driver a bit more more discount.

Its good for the enviroment also..

Neutral Newbie

I know what you mean, I wonder sometimes myself. But seriously, I just want the discounts. Why a big org is doing things this way, beats me. :huh:

I was just at ESSO.

The discount voucher can only be used together with DBS ESSO cards, Mobil ESSO privilege card and easipay card. If you use Citi card, only citi card discount applies which is 10%

but if your ESSO privilege card is linked to your Citi dividend card, you still get rebate on how much you spend.

ie, if you spend $70, then its $70 - 10%($7) - $4 = $59 then $2.95(5%) rebate. However, for SMILES points, its auto if you have another SMILES card. If you use privilege card then have to fill up some form to get the SMILES points. So the total discount is almost 20% + 47.2 SMILES points

you need the coupon, saw huge stacks of used coupons behind the counter. The coupons are available at the station, just ask for it

Edited by Knightsljx

Neutral Newbie

That's the normal practice, no need to give/show them any coupons. However few mths back at the station at sembawang along Giant, the cashier insist'"No coupon, No discount". LL lor. Have not gone back to that station ever since. [thumbsdown]

nice!~

so far all the stations i went to are very flexible with or without the coupons. jalan ahmad ibrahim (along aye) and both stations along sembawang rd.

so can use with citibank dividend anot? TS says can?

cannot, its stated on the coupon. only DBS ESSO cards, ESSO Privilege and Easipay cards can stack the discount. Citibank card itself cannot, but if your citi card linked to privilege card then just use privilege card. I think the TS meant DBS cards not Citi

Sorry, made a bo-bo. [sweatdrop]

Checked with wife and she used DBS Mastercard, was using Citi previously.

So right now Esso no more 13% discount (Station + card)? Go back to 10% instead ... + $2 coupon for $40?

Remember end of Sep09 still getting 13% + $2 coupon when I last pump.

yes bro..i'm waiting for this..hahaha!!!!!!! yes! thanks for posting bro!

left 1/4 tank just waiting for the coupon..SPC gave liao..esso sure will follow up =) =)

going pump in an hour time..haha..

just now wanted to use the $4 coupon,was told using citibank dividend card give 14.5% while using the coupon for other cards only as the discount is only 5% and $4 off for $70 above,think still not worth,rather use safra card 12% off and citibank dividend card another 5%

When you use voucher:

Use Esso Privilege Card linked with Citibank Dividend:

$70 - 10% (site and card discount) - $4 - 5% (citibank dividend rebate) = $56.05 (save $13.95)

Use DBS Esso CC:

$70 - 12% (site and card discount) - $4 = $57.60 (save $12.40)

Use Citibank Dividend CC:

$70 - 5% (site discount only) - $4 - 5% (citibank dividend rebate) = $59.375 (save $10.625)

With voucher: Dividend CC no 5% discount, only 5% rebate

No voucher: Dividend CC got 5% discount, plus 5% rebate

In short, just get the Esso Privilege card and link it with Citibank Dividend CC, then use that card all the time, regardless of using vouchers or not.