Singtel-6M Vs Starhub-8M Vs M1-10M

Theman

you might want to check if your com is full of spyware... maybe someone hack into your com liao... happen to me once. i quarantine my com for 1 weeks while finding all the available programme to clean it.

nah... no spyware. off peak hrs the internet can fly but peak period is when most ppl use ma.

im using spyware doctor, and it effectively blocks the spyware out.

↡ Advertisement

my office com

Last Result:

Download Speed: 1936 kbps (242 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 566 kbps (70.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

I prefer Singnet ADSL plans as it really gives a consistent speed throughout the day. No peak or off-peak hours nonsense [thumbsup]

Actually their consistent speed is b-------t. it depend on the website you visit. if that website is popular, then the speed also will go down one.

my office com

Last Result:

Download Speed: 1936 kbps (242 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 566 kbps (70.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

i dont use speedtest.sg to test i forgot which one i use liao.. prefer to use something that is not in singapore. cause most of the site i surf are oversea one.

Actually their consistent speed is b-------t. it depend on the website you visit. if that website is popular, then the speed also will go down one.

Yah, but at least its the website jam, not because of local traffic jam. Besides, it's only slow on that popular website, not ALL websites. A common experience of cable users is that network speed will be slow during peak hours, no matter which website u go to [thumbsdown]

previously using SH 6Mbps, later changed to Singnet 1Mbps. don't feel problem with slower speed. should have change it earlier, can save money

Yah, but at least its the website jam, not because of local traffic jam. Besides, it's only slow on that popular website, not ALL websites. A common experience of cable users is that network speed will be slow during peak hours, no matter which website u go to [thumbsdown]

for my area i dont encounter slowness problem... but i share my sh station with boonlay ppl so maybe the case lah. anyway, fi you are just surfing nets. you dont need fast speed so 1 mbs will be okay.. for me i play games and download stuff

i cancelled my SH 12mbps plan that cost me $76/mth. signed up with ST 10mbps $46.90/mth.. SH is simply too slow.

I agree i am on this plan too but my contact ending next Apr... so have to wait until nxt year to cancel. The peak hrs during the night is damn too slow. Cant play mmog becos of that always lag...no mood to play

I agree i am on this plan too but my contact ending next Apr... so have to wait until nxt year to cancel. The peak hrs during the night is damn too slow. Cant play mmog becos of that always lag...no mood to play

mine contract finish last mth.. might as well. $70 over bucks for substandard products.

i dont use speedtest.sg to test i forgot which one i use liao.. prefer to use something that is not in singapore. cause most of the site i surf are oversea one.

can also use www.speedtest.net

586198198.png

Edited by Fcw75

I also have an issue with SH..think their shared bandwidth is ridiculous...and they are always blaming 3rd party software....was considering switching to M1 fixed broadband but I reckon shud be the same sh*T since M1 uses SH network?

Guess only real alternative is dedicated speed Singtel mio?

that is the one i use. tried at my area, at peak hours.. did not affect mind much.. think around my region not many ppl using sh. that is good.. :)

Mr IT personnel... my 7.2mbps getting 200 - 500kbps download speed on thunder network...

maybe its just ur luck to get a lemon device. [lipsrsealed]

what talking u?!? u have 7.2mbps plan n ur Download speed is 200-500kps n u r happy? [confused]

the download speed should be a reflection of ur speed listed for ur plan

my ST 3mb plan gives me close to 3000kps leh

what talking u?!? u have 7.2mbps plan n ur Download speed is 200-500kps n u r happy? [confused]

the download speed should be a reflection of ur speed listed for ur plan

my ST 3mb plan gives me close to 3000kps leh

he is happy lah... you read his post again.

he is happy lah... you read his post again.

that's why it sounds funny, i never expected it will be 7mbps, but i tot at least 4-5mbps lah, but out of the 20 times i tried in differrent time of a day, the best i got was 1.5mbps for 1 or to occurrence, soemtimes it can get as low as 100Kbps...sad [smallcry]

that's why it sounds funny, i never expected it will be 7mbps, but i tot at least 4-5mbps lah, but out of the 20 times i tried in differrent time of a day, the best i got was 1.5mbps for 1 or to occurrence, soemtimes it can get as low as 100Kbps...sad [smallcry]

in that case really no point getting Starhub plan if advertised speed is not true...

I've been on Singnet a long time recently upgraded from 1mb to 3mb was skeptical at first so before i upgrade i did a speedtest on a couple of website n true to claims speed was close to 1mpbs after upgrade i tested again consistant results to claims. at least i know i'm paying for what i'm getting...

in that case really no point getting Starhub plan if advertised speed is not true...

I've been on Singnet a long time recently upgraded from 1mb to 3mb was skeptical at first so before i upgrade i did a speedtest on a couple of website n true to claims speed was close to 1mpbs after upgrade i tested again consistant results to claims. at least i know i'm paying for what i'm getting...

for me. my SH was also true to the speed. i think a lot depend on the hardware and location...

↡ Advertisement