Property Agent Commission

Jubilong

Hi,

I would like to confirm for private apartment under $2mil the agent commission from seller is 1.5% ? There are so many agents so how do you choose the most suitable to market?

Edited by Jubilong
↡ Advertisement

Hi,

I would like to confirm for private apartment under $2mil the agent commission from seller is 1.5% ? There are so many agents so how do you choose the most suitable to market?

Football agent or property agent? <_<

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Why let them earn. Those jokers are not educated.

Neutral Newbie

Can we really buy & sell without going thru agent?

Anyone can share their experience?

Right. What's your highest qualification?

You'll be surprised at how many agents hold degrees and even post graduate degrees. [rolleyes]

You'll be surprised at how many agents hold degrees and even post graduate degrees. [rolleyes]

maybe tat bro is a pHd or full professor u are toking about... [rolleyes]

next einstein...

Neutral Newbie

I look down on those jokers.

They better get a proper job.

FYI, I jus joined ERA.....I got a proper job, i m an interior designer. I wish to sell my HDB flat so out of curiousity, i paid $700 to join ERA. After 2 classes, i enroled for the CES. Yes, there are alot of jokers in the local property sector cos alot of them are part-time like me. Maybe I will become one to. Hahaha. Maybe u are like me, had some bad experiences with property agents, thats why I join to sell my flat myself. Bt after knowin a few agents there who are doin veri well, I realised dat they are really professional & with veri strong ethics. They even advised me hw to market my HDB flat n oso remind me to tell my buyers dat I m an ERA agent selling my own HDB flat n nt claim commission frm my buyers etc. I finally realised dat the comm we pay to them is for the advertising, the hassel of answerin numerous phone calls, n oso fight for the best sellin price etc. There are always bad sheeps in every industry. Same goes for mine. N the comm we pay our agents r quite low in fact, I found out in Aussie land or USA etc, its 4-5%.

For ppl who invest or bought properties in Aus or States, u wld knw hw much the same property here n there cost. Imagine its 4-5% there.

hes a "elite" with "elitist" mindset...just look at the thread on "can you come my house wash car"....anyway this member just joined ytd...probably a clone, computer clone, split personality?...do not need to take his words seriously i guess..

hes a "elite" with "elitist" mindset...just look at the thread on "can you come my house wash car"....anyway this member just joined ytd...probably a clone, computer clone, split personality?...do not need to take his words seriously i guess..

GIVE HIM A YELLOW CARD!!

Neutral Newbie

Almost 99% agents I know got retrenched or cant find a REAL job

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Back to TS question. Hw do u chose? See who can give u a beta presentation, understandin of the neighbourhood past transactions, hw often do they come over to ur neighbourhood for rounds etc. That was wat I was tought by my seniors. As a broker/agent, we are here to help u fight for the best price from the buyer, of which we hav to spend some time to educate/justify on the amount of which they are gona pay. We need to be very familiar with the area transactions, price patterns etc in order to convince the buyer......Bt before dat we oso need to educate the seller too on wat is the most reasonable amount after valuation takin into consideration the time frame. If u need to sell the property fast, the price cant be high, the comm for the broker maybe will hav to be 1.5-2% which is the standard one cos the agent need to advertise it intensely. Pls understand that the advertising cost is frm the agent upfrnt before u pay any comm. Wat if the property takes a long time to sell? The cost will be bigger. Its an investment risk for agents/brokers sellin the property before any comm, of which we hav to take.

PS: If u not in a hurry to sell, then can neg to 1%. Bt nt much advertising will be done cos most agents will want to cut cost or not risk it.

I do hav a few customer who are not in a hurry to sell so they wait for me to find a potential buyer for them. Thus a lower comm.

Edited by 2bfree
↡ Advertisement