St*mf*rd Tyres - NOT AGAIN!

Koren

I have read your original post and there is nothing in there that would remotely suggest a case of libel, or slander.

Those are just statements of fact.

If ST (the company) had fcuked up on their delivery instructions, sending parts to the wrong branch, then that is an occurrence based on fact. It actually did happen.

So what is there to apologise about?

What is there to cover up?

A c0ck up is a c0ck up indeed.

yea.. in fact.. i'm still waiting for an apology from them.. i'll bring it to a higher level until something happens.

bro... u agree to wat huh???

Bro, that 'cuttlefish' bugger has only got 5 posts. I think he may be another ST clone.

He said he agreed with 'ronnchee' because the latter had put in good words for ST.

Like that also can (to garner support for his company!)

As I am in the service industry, I'm a bit cautious in agreeing that customers are always right but in general, things can be worked out one way or another as long as the customer is reasonable. Whatever it is, as long as what it agreed is not delivered, it's already WRONG, no two ways about it. In such a case, I would term is as a mistake that needs to be fixed promptly rather than "customer is always right". [lipsrsealed]

Just went for a customer service course today; was informed that Customer is NOT always right. But they have a RIGHT to want/need something from the service provider.

Neutral Newbie

[drivingcar]

Correct.... Stamford did not sell fake tyres... they sold REAL Firenza tyres that copied Yokohamas... you skidded probably due to road conditions. Firenza tyres are not too bad... somemore with yokohama design... should be good mah.. [:p]

My 5 cents worth.... been driving / riding for 17 years plus......

this is my experience since my "ah boy" days at kelantan lane (even be4 ah boy moved to his present location).........

till driving up to Selangor to get car spare parts not found in Singapore... WHY DONT BUY OVER THE NET? you may ask...

after all these years of experience, the golden rule is, (most of the time lah) WHAT YOU PAY IS WHAT YOU GET... [thumbsup]

if its geniune and its cheap, then must be outdated or somthing. If there is demand of something in particular, it cant be cheap, unless its a copy (like the SO MANY stupid 3-drive controllers in the market.)

i recently bought a ULTRA-Racing Front strut bar (four point) in Sillypore... if i bought in JB would have been cheaper. i mean its just a strut bar, no electronics involved, i'm sure i would have gotten a better bargin in malaysia since its made in malaysia somemore. But i went to E-rev and bougth it here cause i will be VERY sure its geniune and i even got a warranty card. haha... yes i paid more (about RM50-S$20) for it but i was sure it was geniune and i am happy about it. Buying anything for my car, which i love so dearly, spending abit more but knowing the stuff was installed well is good enough for me...

buying smthing cheap, and having problems in the end, is retarded. no no for me.

yes one man's meat is another man's poison... but i've had good experiences with Stamford tyres in Loyang.

Chun Lee-i walked in 4 times NOBODY even looked at me, ST powered i asked for tein models, he ask me wat car i drive i told him ferrari enzo. he stared at me i asked him why dont have ah? maybe i should start another thread... haha.. sorry got carried away... [blush]

Just went for a customer service course today; was informed that Customer is NOT always right. But they have a RIGHT to want/need something from the service provider.

Customer is not always right, but customer has expectations.

It is up to the business to decide if that customer business is worth it, if the expectation is unrealistic or achievable.

If it's about money, rejecting goods, change of goods, it may sometimes not be achievable.

If it's about service level, getting right communications and setting right expectations, that is achievable.

Neutral Newbie

Maybe he is from Stamford. Just a wild guess.

haha... most likely. [lipsrsealed][shakehead] now TS has scanned his receipt, now wait 4 him to reply. [thumbsdown]

Edited by Jassonlo

I went to ST once to take a look at their accessories.

When I came out, a mech told me my tyres need to change.

Me: How do you know?

Him: I watch you parked your car

Who gives him permission to inspect my tyres?

I bet he tells everybody the same thing.

I walked off and promise myself never to return.

I have also experienced with their over-zealous techinician when doing tyre rotation at the Jurong Megamart a few months back. A China technician told me my stock rims wrap when doing balancing, and suggested I change a whole set (rims + tyre). I ask him to show me how he noticed that? He ran it on the balancing machine and told me to observe carefully at the rims.... I don't see anything wrap. [rolleyes]

He said if don't change I will experience vibration at high speed, but I insist that its ok, just proceed with tyre rotation only. I may not be as experienced as the technician from a reputable tyre shop, but I'm a mechanical engineer doing maintenance in petrochemical plant, I can tell if rotating equipment is wrap or misalignment, and I trust my judgement.

After rotation I didn't notice any abnormality and car still track straight. [drivingcar]

Recently I replaced my tyre at a tyre shop in AMK, the boss told me my tyre wear nicely and rims ok, even told me no need to waste money doing 4 wheel alighment because from the wear profile, alignment seems good.

Unfortunate...I had bad experience too but not as terrible as TS's.

Was there to get rear pad...the sales cum mechanic said have stock. Waiting for 30mins and wheel plus pad was removed. Guess what? Told me sorry boss, your model year is different from what they have in stock. I was like WTF?

Btw lemme know you need some senior ppl contact. I think the Senior Manager is still around and is willing listen to complaint. Can PM contact.

yea.. in fact.. i'm still waiting for an apology from them.. i'll bring it to a higher level until something happens.

don't bother.

go to the press.

that's the most powerful complaint

Do u think they did? they're a big customer and my friend said that the guy keep shouting at vulgarity at her..so anyway the moral of the story is..U can't believe what everything or everyone say can you? Why did the customer service person shout at him for...they only asked him that he wanted it to be delivered to Tampines and now it's in tampines so they said to retract back at what he said in the forum and why would they shout at him for...sincerely tell him did he use vulgarity at them and did they use the same vulgarity he used? There is no excuse for that...

bro

seriously... have u been thru primary education?

ur english is really hard to understand.

he/she probably educated from downunder (as the nick suggested) lah but the england still cmi for him/her ONLY......

Edited by Help1

I have also experienced with their over-zealous techinician when doing tyre rotation at the Jurong Megamart a few months back. A China technician told me my stock rims wrap when doing balancing, and suggested I change a whole set (rims + tyre). I ask him to show me how he noticed that? He ran it on the balancing machine and told me to observe carefully at the rims.... I don't see anything wrap. [rolleyes]

He said if don't change I will experience vibration at high speed, but I insist that its ok, just proceed with tyre rotation only. I may not be as experienced as the technician from a reputable tyre shop, but I'm a mechanical engineer doing maintenance in petrochemical plant, I can tell if rotating equipment is wrap or misalignment, and I trust my judgement.

After rotation I didn't notice any abnormality and car still track straight. [drivingcar]

Recently I replaced my tyre at a tyre shop in AMK, the boss told me my tyre wear nicely and rims ok, even told me no need to waste money doing 4 wheel alighment because from the wear profile, alignment seems good.

ha ha I got same experience. change my type at Macperson branch, while doing my final tyre rotation, mech. run to be "bro bro you last rim a bit not round advise better change".....

and show me the same process

lucky the shop got no sports rims I fancy if not those silly SSW heavy like a steel rim.

I go ST cause I use Conti and dunno who elses sell [lipsrsealed] my bros here can recommand me a few conti tyre shop??

haa. thats not too bad. the last time i did a tyre repair with them, the FT recommend me to change a whole set of rims and tyres.. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement