St*mf*rd Tyres - NOT AGAIN!

Koren

I may not be as experienced as the technician from a reputable tyre shop, but I'm a mechanical engineer doing maintenance in petrochemical plant, I can tell if rotating equipment is wrap or misalignment, and I trust my judgement.

Hee - still can't spell warp though, the only wrapping I want to do with a car is a big ribbon when I give it to my children....

If wat you said are facts then you jus sharing your experience with us.

Bo Chap them.

Drafting a nice letter to the press.. sian.. the thread so quiet today.. friend of stamford also not around..

Drafting a nice letter to the press.. sian.. the thread so quiet today.. friend of stamford also not around..

After your attached the receipt, the friend also siam liao. haha..

Hee - still can't spell warp though, the only wrapping I want to do with a car is a big ribbon when I give it to my children....

Sorry, typo error.... [sweatdrop]

But not all my experience with Stamford Tyre are bad. If I want servicing I would go to the Bukit Batok Branch, I think the lead technician (Vincent Chan?) is experience and good.

Just done coolant and brake fluid flushing there (my usual mechanic don't have the proper equipment to do these job). I'm satisfied with his job as compared to those inexperience technician in Jurong Branch.

After reading so much crap given from the above shop, heres more..

I bought a set of brake pads from their booth at the auto salon. After paying up, i was told that the brake pads were to be collected from any one of the branches. I told them i'd like to install it at the loyang branch. They called up and confirmed there wasn't stock for my make at loyang, telling me that it will be delivered to the branch on monday(today).

so happily i called up, wishing to go down during lunch time only to find out that the pads are still not in the loyang branch yet! Whats worst is that he said there will not be any deliveries from the other branches till thursday! *WTF*

utterly regret for getting tempted by the offers given during the show. For the others.. please know who you're buying from before parting with your hard earned cash.

[furious]

Lokyang...loyang...shout or not shout...true or not. Nobody knows except the involved.

I'm staying in Jurong area and I frequent Stamford Tyres since my first car.

No problem at all.

In fact, the rim i wanted is all the way in other branch and delivered to Lok Yang branch for me the next day.

The service at Lok Yang is not bad. Polite, giving mi alot of advise which I took it and still happy with my tyres.

I believe it is a stand alone case for everyone. Just let it go.

hard to say. the affected person could say that yours is a "standalone" case?

the truth is, there are probably more cases of poor service from stamfort or wherever. and urs is not the only case of good service from the same place, otherwise they sure close down long ago liao

anyway, glad the TS voiced his complaints. not that i have anything against ST, but if businesses know the power of the internet, at least they will be kept on their toes. of course, those who complain with reason must stand by their complaints and not be easily cowed by service providers. likewise, those who post false complaints shd be made to answer for their actions. fair?

hard to say. the affected person could say that yours is a "standalone" case?

the truth is, there are probably more cases of poor service from stamfort or wherever. and urs is not the only case of good service from the same place, otherwise they sure close down long ago liao

anyway, glad the TS voiced his complaints. not that i have anything against ST, but if businesses know the power of the internet, at least they will be kept on their toes. of course, those who complain with reason must stand by their complaints and not be easily cowed by service providers. likewise, those who post false complaints shd be made to answer for their actions. fair?

Its fair only to hear both sides of story. [thumbsup]

Everyone makes mistake. Nobody is a saint. Allow mistakes.

[drivingcar]

Chun Lee-i walked in 4 times NOBODY even looked at me, ST powered i asked for tein models, he ask me wat car i drive i told him ferrari enzo. he stared at me i asked him why dont have ah? maybe i should start another thread... haha.. sorry got carried away... [blush]

I dun get this part. What's Chun Lee?

Anyway, regarding the part where he stare at you when you mentioned enzo.. I guess the stock suspension is already way better than even tein's best. :)

i'm waiting eagerly to hear their side of the story.. lol..

Neutral Newbie

I dun get this part. What's Chun Lee?

Anyway, regarding the part where he stare at you when you mentioned enzo.. I guess the stock suspension is already way better than even tein's best. :)

sorry it should be Chuan Lee Hin Tyres... Bukit Batok... (now dont know will kanna sue or asked to retract wat i said) [lipsrsealed]

Allowing for mistakes is one one thing, but this case was a series of mistakes...

Neutral Newbie

This incident brings about memories of something interesting that happened to me while visiting the ST Bt Batok branch about a year ago...

I was looking for Project μ pads and went down to the branch there. Before that, I noticed that my rear brake pads had started to squeak indicating wear. I also know that because I tend to use my handbrakes for the last 5km/h to stop the car, the rear brake pads would have a tendency of wearing out faster.

However, when I went there with a friend, I first spoke to a lady and asked if they had pads for a CS5A...she promptly checked the list and said yes.

I then was ready to purchase the set of pads. She then told me that they only had front pads in stock at that branch and that the read pads had to be obtained from another branch. As I was quite sure that it was my rear pads that needed changing, I told her that was the case. She insisted that I change my front and that if my rear pads wore out faster than my fronts, she would "eat her shoes" - yes, she said that and my friend can vouch for it.

Anyway, I was then convinced by her to change my front pads first (well, since the rear were already worn, change the fronts as well lor). The mechanic took out the new pads and immediately said that those that they had in stock were for the CS5W (there's no CS5W - station wagon in Singapore so why the heck would they bring that pad in?). I then told him that CS5W and CS5A use the same pads (something that I later re-verified at C&C by looking at their part number "bible") but he insisted that just by looking at them (which he hadn't removed the wheels even), he knows they won't fit.

In the end, I didn't bother anymore and left without installing the pads.

A couple of days later, I sent my car in for servicing and guess what? The Service Advisor at C&C called me up to tell me that upon checking of my brake pads (front and rear), the said that the REAR had worn out and was time to change.

I ended up changing only the rear since they said that the fronts could last for quite some time still.

That incident had led it to become my LAST time going down to ST for ANYTHING (although I was VERY tempted to show the C&C service receipt to the lady @ the Bt Batok branch to make sure that she ate her shoes and would have GLADLY provided the ketcup as well).

Edited by Efbeeeye

Allowing for mistakes is one one thing, but this case was a series of mistakes...

I believe there are a series of good service from them too.

Nature, good things keep quiet...bad things drum and tell.

↡ Advertisement