Payment for Vehicle Radio License - Notice from MDA

Achtung

I recently purchased a second hand ride and transferred owndership on 23 July 2009. Its road tax subsequently expired on 11 Sept which I duly renewed it with the required Vehicle Radio License.

Just last week, I received a REMINDER notice from MDA demanding payment for Vehicle Radio License from 23 July 2009 to 11 Sept 2009. I was kinda perturbed.

#1, I did not receive any prior notice and this notice is a reminder?

#2, When I purchased the car with its road tax and vehicle radio license fully paid till 11 Sept, why should I pay for it again? Wouldnt it be double collection?

I questioned the customer service gal at MDA and she could not respond. After a few minutes on hold, she came back tot me and said, LTA would have refunded the difference to the previous owner, so no double collection. I did not take her words as at the same time, I sold my car and paid the road tax and Vehicle Radio License till November. In so far, no refunds, nothing!

Are we snooked? Are we paying double? Guys, though the amount is small, Please check before payment. I have written an official letter to MDA for their explanation.

[furious][thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement

Haven't heard of buying car without road tax/radio license yet. Only insurance refund.

Maybe the owner proactively requested for a refund ?

Checked with ex owner. No.

MDA is BSing me.

Haven't heard of buying car without road tax/radio license yet. Only insurance refund.

I THINK SO

After my complaint letter, the 'boss' at MDA finally called me and apologised. Citing 'SYSTEM ERROR', they shouldnt have billed me as the Radio License is transferred from the old owner to me. So if u guys didnt ask, they would have collected TWICE!!!

FYI.

Off topic abit. I also encountered such mistake and was mistakenly deducted "$20 penalty" for my current account citing it did not have enough money for deduction after my issueing of check. I said WTF as they usually auto transfer from saving account to current one and my saving is more than enough. Complaint up and they later apologized for computer error (win liao lor). I mean if you dont check your statement or complaint, they will just "ti gong" and happily take your money.

Edited by Jamstart