What do you guys think of China

Ithunk

i feel really sick..

imagine their accent and they tell you in your face that they are true blue singaporeans and flashes you the pink IC

Thought that nowadays pink IC no more value liao, even the blue IC seems a better bargain at times. [laugh]

how true!!!, i fully agrees.... really doesnt understand abt this china bashing thingy.... are chinese "singaporeans" really indigenous people on this tiny island state [confused] come on lah somehow or another singaporean chinese also share the same heritage/cultural roots with PRC chinese wat.... only our geographical/political boundary different mah. There are honest, hardworking PRC people in chine likewise there are "guai lan" singaporeans around, ....i believe one's own upbringing is important, nothing to do with gender, religion, political belief or skin colour l.... pls tone down on such sweeping statements lah.

Cannot compare our forefathers with the current generations of mainland chinese. Like you said, the upbringing is important and that it exactly why some mainland chinese are behaving as they are. They have gone thru a very different system and their value are not quite the same and those before the communism.

how true!!!, i fully agrees.... really doesnt understand abt this china bashing thingy.... are chinese "singaporeans" really indigenous people on this tiny island state [confused] come on lah somehow or another singaporean chinese also share the same heritage/cultural roots with PRC chinese wat.... only our geographical/political boundary different mah. There are honest, hardworking PRC people in chine likewise there are "guai lan" singaporeans around, ....i believe one's own upbringing is important, nothing to do with gender, religion, political belief or skin colour l.... pls tone down on such sweeping statements lah.

I fully agree. I don't understand why this bashing, esp since we come from the same roots - maybe it goes to show that some Chinese only know how to pick on other Chinese.

I am proud of the rise of China. If you visit Western country today compared to many years ago, you get treated with much more respect and one of the reason is the rise of China.

To me, they are like my long lost cousin - they are different in many ways and I find some of their behaviour strange and need some getting used to. But I still feel some affinity to them. Perhaps it helps that I appreciate Chinese history and culture.

As for the ugly traits that some of us mentioned, do not forget our neighbours also complain about the "ugly Singaporean", hence our govt have to start campaign like courtesy compaign etc...Getting to a gracious society takes time.

They were during the Yuan dynasty when the Mongolian went all the way to europe area.

The Mongolian were overthrown by Zhu Yuan Zhang (the 1st emperor of Ming dyansty).

I feel proud too as a Chinese! [thumbsup]

hua ren not same as zhong guo ren anyway

if you have been to the UK b4, you will realise UK is way better than china...

i have been to both places....london and guangzhou

of course london beats china hands down

Erh, bro, think you forgotten about Tibet??? Tibetans are not born as Chinese, right? [lipsrsealed]

As for the Tibetans,why they are in the game becos they are unfied by the mongols with the central plain to form the yuan dynasty some 1000 years ago.

We must learn to respect people of all race and from all walks of life. But first we must cultivate and nature ourself.

Blindly bashing and stereotyping people is a big no no.

they must first learn to respect Singaporeans,our culture,our lifestyle,and try to adapt.

and not think that we have to accommodate or try to accept them the way they are.

they have to change their mentality to suit the world,not the world changin to suit them.

Neutral Newbie

China is a country, and the population of China is predominantly Chinese-Han. Generalized, and where applicable, you make reference to Chinese as "we Chinese" (for Chinese in Singapore, feel free to append it with a "hor")

The last major wave of Chinese immigration to Singapore was only 100 years ago or less. So you / your dad / your dad's dad crossed the finishing line first, right... or are you sure this is your finishing line?

I am cautious of sudden migrant influx, so are you I'm sure. In reality, a hundred years later, would your children and grandchildren be the "sons of earth" or the indigenous people of this land? And the migrants you see today are the you and me of tomorrow? Think deeper.

There is no horizon in time. Try to think beyond 5 minutes in front of your face.

^_^

Edited by Panda

As for the Tibetans,why they are in the game becos they are unfied by the mongols with the central plain to form the yuan dynasty some 1000 years ago.

But the country was invaded in 1950s by the Chinese, right?

So we can't say the Chinese doesn't invade others like the ang mohs did, right? [laugh]

I fully agree. I don't understand why this bashing, esp since we come from the same roots - maybe it goes to show that some Chinese only know how to pick on other Chinese.

I am proud of the rise of China. If you visit Western country today compared to many years ago, you get treated with much more respect and one of the reason is the rise of China.

To me, they are like my long lost cousin - they are different in many ways and I find some of their behaviour strange and need some getting used to. But I still feel some affinity to them. Perhaps it helps that I appreciate Chinese history and culture.

As for the ugly traits that some of us mentioned, do not forget our neighbours also complain about the "ugly Singaporean", hence our govt have to start campaign like courtesy compaign etc...Getting to a gracious society takes time.

F off back to c***a then.

I think Majority of us here is ok with China as a Country, but China as in their citizen (so called FTs here) is a big no no [shakehead]

I think in the next 10 years or so, China could potentially take over US as a superpower in the world.

I think Majority of us here is ok with China as a Country, but China as in their citizen (so called FTs here) is a big no no [shakehead]

I think in the next 10 years or so, China could potentially take over US as a superpower in the world.

....and by then, the mainland chinese will behave in a more 'acceptable' ways. They will go from 'gold rush' mode to 'gracious' mode.

....and by then, the mainland chinese will behave in a more 'acceptable' ways. They will go from 'gold rush' mode to 'gracious' mode.

I hope so too. But to think of it, we have the Courtesy Campaign started more than 20 yrs ago and how are some of our people still behaving??? [lipsrsealed]

Hope so and hopefully Singapore will not become one of China provinces.

Edited by Kingcopa
↡ Advertisement