What do you guys think of China

Ithunk

actually russia is not bad....they have oligarchs.....but china technically is still under communist rule?

North Korea yes, China no.

The party name may be call communist, but those in leadership are now more realistic and pragmatic.

The trend is moving towards domocratic within the party first.

I mean to say that it is good to have China under Communist rule as it is easier for the Gov to control over a huge population and a big country and China. Especially with the cunning citzen they are having. If China become a democratic country...just look over to Tawain holigan politican and times 10 the amount of corruption and chaos.

In the end China may break down if it turn to democratic. For now at least the Communist gov is doing a good job so far with more changes to their policy and induce higher moral standard. It will over take US in no time.

.... just look at Russia, once a strong country and being reduce to this state.....

That was different. The former USSR was made up of areas controlled by warlords and their land is vast.

Edited by Silver_blade

wtf is wrong with u?

i tot MCF is supposed to a more matured forum... never thought someone like u would exist here...

pls, go to hardwarezone EDMW if you are that childish

wtf is wrong with you too??

do you mean i have to share your likes and dislikes,just so that i will appear more mature??

people like you who go with the flow,afraid of sayin how you really feel cos you fear rejection or fear being outcast are everywhere.

now,get off my back!

to me:

thailand a land of thousand smiles

japan a land of the rising sun

china a land of pirates

i mean honestly, where in the world u can find pirated copies of almost everything?

from technology to food (remember milk powder and fake eggs)?

last time ang moh invade countries

now china invade ang moh ideas and rape them of their profits

they are the biggest copyright infrigement imho

but do you see others sueing them?

its because they have no choice as china provide the cheapest labour in the world right now

scammers have long tried to scam us using email

but they move 1 step ahead by using phone call(kidnap, won a lottery, police investigation)

nevertheless

the world need them right now for cheap labour cost

so we got to suck thumb

You really display your ignorance.

Want to talk about rip off? Copyright?

Go find out who invented paper, printing, gunpowder, cannons, magnetic compass, horseriding saddle and stirups, an many more.

Then find out who copied all these, turned them into weapons of warfare, improved their own technologies and used it to conquer the world.

North Korea yes, China no.

The party name may be call communist, but those in leadership are now more realistic and pragmatic.

The trend is moving towards domocratic within the party first.

Actually china is under Monarchy. but not the heritage type. Anyway democratic government is only good for very well develop country. its not a one size fit all solutaion. just look at Zambawi, they are better off in a communist or Monarchy type of government. When you are developing, you need a control like governement in the picture to ensure things are going on in the correct direction.

Actually china is under Monarchy. but not the heritage type. Anyway democratic government is only good for very well develop country. its not a one size fit all solutaion. just look at Zambawi, they are better off in a communist or Monarchy type of government. When you are developing, you need a control like governement in the picture to ensure things are going on in the correct direction.

So u mean it is time for us to change too [sly]

to be fair, i think the current chinese people are really unpleasant.

this is why China needs communism.

the ancient chinese civilisation and history was built on strife, politics and power struggle. who talk the loudest, have the biggest gun, the biggest army, is right.

this mentality carried over till today.

chinese culture is all about the master-slave relationship.

every chinese will seek to exert power over the other to make the other his slave.

China's rich flaunt their wealth...

China is seeing a new wave of luxury living and lavish lifestyles, with a new generation of 'little emperors' showing off their wealth. But the gap between the rich and the poor is rising, and new tales of poverty are coming from - ironically - Hong Kong By Peh Shing Huei, China Bureau Chief a20-1.jpg c.gif c.gif China, the world's second-largest luxury goods market (left), is set to overtake Japan very soon. -- PHOTOS: AFP, CQ.PEOPLE.COM.CN, WWW.IMSHIGUANG.COM viewMorePhotos.gifView more photos Beijing: When a young Chinese woman dispatched 30 Mercedes Benzes to pick up her one dog from the airport last month, it fuelled growing public anger towards an emerging new class in China.

.ExternalClass #ecxrelated .ecxquote {background-color:#E7F7FF;padding:8px;} .ExternalClass #ecxrelated .ecxquote .ecxheadline {font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;font-weight:bold;border-bottom:3px double #007BFF;color:#036;text-transform:uppercase;padding-bottom:5px;} .ExternalClass #ecxrelated .ecxquote .ecxtext {font-size:11px;color:#036;padding:5px 0px;} In the lap of luxury Fancy cars

Eighteen fancy Ferraris and five other cars, also luxury marques, were recently seen parked haphazardly outside a shopping centre in downtown Chongqing.

She is part of the 'fu er dai' or 'rich second generation'. Mostly in their 20s, they are perceived as having done little to earn their inherited riches. They grew up as 'little emperors', living the high life on the mountains of money that their parents made after China embraced market capitalism in 1978.

These young people are often not afraid to flaunt their wealth and offer no apologies for their extravagant lifestyles - and that has touched a raw nerve.

For example, the woman who felt her dog worthy of an expensive ride from the airport and gave her name only as Ms Wang was quoted by the media as saying: 'Gold has a price but this Tibetan mastiff doesn't.'

She paid four million yuan (S$818,000) for the mastiff - a fairly rare breed valued by the nomadic peoples of Central Asia for its skill as a watchdog - and pledged to spare no expense to take care of it.

Ms Wang, who the Xi'an Evening News said was young, said she fed her dog at least 10 bottles of mineral water a day and estimated her dog's daily living expenses at 100 yuan - no small change when you consider that the average cleaner in China takes home only 1,000 yuan a month.

She would also see to it that the dog lived in air-conditioned comfort of not more than 17 deg C as it enjoyed its food - a diet of mainly chicken meat and beef bone soup.

'Such ridiculous behaviour was designed to attract attention. It was an advertisement to show off wealth,' said social commentator Hu Xingdou. 'Such abnormal and unhealthy displays of wealth can lead to much unhappiness among the poor and may even lead to hatred.' The phrase 'fen fu', or hate the rich, has been coined recently to capture the public's mood towards this class' crass show of lavish consumption.

China's media has regularly featured stories about the wild spending habits of the rich - how one spent six million yuan on a Blancpain watch and another dropped 10 million yuan on a Bentley Mulliner limousine.

This, after all, is a communist nation founded on the ideals of a classless society that spent its first decades desperately, and sometimes viciously, fighting to eradicate social stratification.

But when the late Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping urged the country to 'let some people get rich first' in the early 1980s, what followed turned the country into one of the world's most unequal societies.

A Goldman Sachs report recently ranked China as the world's second- largest luxury goods market, overtaking the US and lagging only behind Japan. Still the country has about 200 million people living below the poverty line, and subsisting on less than US$1 (S$1.40) a day.

On Friday, Chinese reports said the country is set to surpass Japan by the end of the year, with sales hitting five billion yuan, almost double last year's three billion yuan.

China's Gini coefficient, which measures income inequality, is 0.447, one of the highest in Asia. That is evidently worrying the Chinese government, as Premier Wen Jiabao said last month at the World Economic Forum that income distribution must be narrowed.

Open displays of wealth, which are a fairly new phenomenon in modern China, must also be reined in.

'When you have too many of such examples of the rich flaunting their wealth, the poor will wonder if they can ever make that much money,' said Professor Sun Shuhong of the Cheungkei Research Centre for Luxury Goods and Services at the University of International Business and Economics.

'The divide will widen and social tensions will spike.'

The fear is that the widening income gap could lead to social unrest, with the poor convinced that the rich are not only wealthy, but also powerful with the law on their side.

The story of 20-year-old Hu Bin, is one such example. The son of rich parents in Hangzhou city in eastern China knocked down and killed a university student from a poor family while street-racing in a modified car in May.

Mr Hu's friends were photographed smoking and joking while waiting for the police and medical help, firing up much public fury.

When Mr Hu appeared with a plumper look at his sentencing, Chinese netizens speculated that his family had paid for a stand-in.

He was sent to prison for three years, igniting further anger among those who believed the Hus had paid off the courts for a light sentence.

'Most of China's rich lack social responsibility,' said Professor Hu. 'In the past, it was said that entrepreneurs fulfilled their social obligations by producing material goods for the people. But now, people expect the rich to perform charitable deeds too. They have a responsibility to give back to society.'

[email protected]

Additional reporting by Carol Feng

Rich-poor gap

'When you have too many of such examples of the rich flaunting their wealth, the poor will wonder if they can ever make that much money. The divide will widen and social tensions will spike.'

Professor Sun Shuhong of the Cheungkei Research Centre for Luxury Goods and Services at the University of International Business and Economics

Go find out who invented paper, printing, gunpowder, cannons, magnetic compass, horseriding saddle and stirups, an many more.

Then find out who copied all these, turned them into weapons of warfare, improved their own technologies and used it to conquer the world.

The problem with the old Chinese is that they are too generous and share too much.

The problem with the old Chinese is that they are too generous and share too much.

I don't think the older chinese are too generous to share. Chinese where got so stupid one....sure must have something gain before 'selling' their trade secret. Even kungfu also keep some from the students. :D :D

F off back to c***a then.

In future u will be the one kena f*ck by them. Our leader already ang kak their bola, same goes to the western super power, all showing sign of sucking their ball for political and economic reason.

Agreed with u. This is the best proved that our ancestors never invade others cos we invented the gunpowder. u dun need a 3 yrs old kid to tell u that gunpowder can kill many ppl. this technology was invented during the han dynasty more than 2ooo years ago. If they are up to no good, they would have use it back then and conquer the whole world. ang moh, arab, african, asian all will be slaves.

Look at esintein, the f**ker maybe the cleverest guy on the planet but he is not the wisest man on earth. He should invent the atomic bomb. I think he did regret but it is too late. Only a fool will invent things that will ultimate kill himeslf.

I don't think the older chinese are too generous to share. Chinese where got so stupid one....sure must have something gain before 'selling' their trade secret. Even kungfu also keep some from the students. :D:D

i agree.... there was an old chinese saying describing exactly that.

that is why the martial arts secrets that are passed down to this day, may be only 10% of the original.

yes china at present are good at copying....i am trying to come up with plus points about china but simply cant...

maybe i haven been to beijing so i do not know

when we talk about now...japan uk europe and us are super powers now.....

Japan, UK, Europe superpower??? Since when?

Agreed with u. This is the best proved that our ancestors never invade others cos we invented the gunpowder. u dun need a 3 yrs old kid to tell u that gunpowder can kill many ppl. this technology was invented during the han dynasty more than 2ooo years ago. If they are up to no good, they would have use it back then and conquer the whole world. ang moh, arab, african, asian all will be slaves.

Look at esintein, the f**ker maybe the cleverest guy on the planet but he is not the wisest man on earth. He should invent the atomic bomb. I think he did regret but it is too late. Only a fool will invent things that will ultimate kill himeslf.

The Han culture was never intent on conquering "barbarian" land (currently all the outskirts of the China heartland). They preferred to fight among themselves to get a bigger share of the "Middle Kingdom" pie. Instead, the natives of the outer regions began to adopt Han culture, customs, language, and way of life and sort of assimilated into mainstream Han society.

The tribal people you still encounter in China today are those whose ancestors chose to cling on to their native ways, and also because they got benefits under the Mao leadership.

I don't think the older chinese are too generous to share. Chinese where got so stupid one....sure must have something gain before 'selling' their trade secret. Even kungfu also keep some from the students. :D :D

I i am not wrong Emperor Qian Long is the one who pass down the degree that they will not take any technology from the west.

to me:

thailand a land of thousand smiles

japan a land of the rising sun

china a land of pirates

i mean honestly, where in the world u can find pirated copies of almost everything?

from technology to food (remember milk powder and fake eggs)?

last time ang moh invade countries

now china invade ang moh ideas and rape them of their profits

they are the biggest copyright infrigement imho

but do you see others sueing them?

its because they have no choice as china provide the cheapest labour in the world right now

scammers have long tried to scam us using email

but they move 1 step ahead by using phone call(kidnap, won a lottery, police investigation)

nevertheless

the world need them right now for cheap labour cost

so we got to suck thumb

I agree that piracy is a problem there...but that is really because the legal system is not dealing with it.

A few years ago in Singapore, piracy was also very rampant, you see illegal CD shops all over the place. Until the govt decide the clamp down after other countries complain (and it's probably our obligation after signing those trade agreements).

But to the Chinese govt, this piracy problem is probably very very low down in the list of problems they have to resolve.

↡ Advertisement