Tire patching types and prices

Sturtles

So difficult to find shop doing internal...but uncle took 1 over hour to do it...really pro...still do water testing  [thumbsup]

Mostly wanna cut corner [sweatdrop]

My worst encounter was the Korean Brand tyre shop [lipsrsealed]

Turn steering out, remove screw, enlarge hole, insert worm, cut and said 20...whole process with 10 minutes [thumbsdown]

Ask me sign up member ship then closed down outlet 6 months later  [knife]

hankook ah? my experience was not too different and keep asking to sign member...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

So difficult to find shop doing internal...but uncle took 1 over hour to do it...really pro...still do water testing [thumbsup]

Mostly wanna cut corner [sweatdrop]

My worst encounter was the Korean Brand tyre shop [lipsrsealed]

Turn steering out, remove screw, enlarge hole, insert worm, cut and said 20...whole process with 10 minutes [thumbsdown]

Ask me sign up member ship then closed down outlet 6 months later [knife]

I know exactly which 1 u talking about.

More interested in selling me membership then anything else...

I know exactly which 1 u talking about.

More interested in selling me membership then anything else...

Yes sir

Last time got a prc syt there

Her sign up rate almost 90%

can more members contribute more prices and locations for us to fix our tires ?

Khatib SPC station.

Behind there is a workshop.

can more members contribute more prices and locations for us to fix our tires ?

Just use your regular tyre shop lah and invest in a tyre pressure monitor system to avoid getting stranded.

Surprised to see this thread.

I did a patch this week as well.

Went to Simpang bedok.

The first shop quoted me 20 bucks for an internal patch. I said I'm happy to do an external patch job (I'm going to change tyres this weekend anyway! Coincidence)

The second shop carroted me. Say 18 dollars for an external patch. Then 15. Then finally 10. Please be aware. Shop facing shell.

The last time i got puncture, i changed whole set... true story...

I believe coz all tyres wearing out, so might as well...

Edited by DACH

Went to Simpang bedok.

The first shop quoted me 20 bucks for an internal patch. I said I'm happy to do an external patch job (I'm going to change tyres this weekend anyway! Coincidence)

The second shop carroted me. Say 18 dollars for an external patch. Then 15. Then finally 10. Please be aware. Shop facing shell.

I seconded.

I had a punctured tyre years ago, managed to crawl there(the corner shop) since I was around that area. They offered $140 for 14" Westlake tyre!!

I paid $10 them to change to my spare then zoomed off.. Their knife is really sharp.

I seconded.

I had a punctured tyre years ago, managed to crawl there(the corner shop) since I was around that area. They offered $140 for 14" Westlake tyre!!

I paid $10 them to change to my spare then zoomed off.. Their knife is really sharp.

there are two shops there … both are "facing" Shell. one is beside the towhuay shop and the other is beside a coffee shop.

apparently both appear to be butchers … but that was a far cry from the time I willingly paid $16 about 1.5 years ago at the same shop beside the towhuay shop.

personally, I don't subscribe to different car different price coz all wheels are fixed the same right ?? only difference is the shopkeeper's perception of his prey - like what Friendstar mentioned.

anyway, now we know.

so next time will pop into the shell station tire shop instead as rec by Othello.

Went to Simpang bedok.

Normally if the price can bargain 1 mean up to no good.

They any how see car open price 1.

18 buks for external repair is midnight charges liao

The Legendary ......... who else .....

Last time, they also siao siao one, I go patch tyre, they ask me if I bought the tyre from them.

Today, went again, a marked improvement.  They even print me a receipt lor.....

Give a try, they also have mountains of RIMS and TYRES lor...

post-170907-0-50714800-1543688489_thumb.jpg

Edited by Apple-Tree

Yes I agree. That's the only tyre shop I patronize as it's near my house. Patching work is as fast as a toilet & smoke break.

Great variety of rims and their tyres are quite fresh. But their prices might not be the best deal, $5-$10 more per tyre which I don't really mind.

Edited by Optramagnum
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1