Tire patching types and prices

Sturtles

I rem the shell tire shop guy used to take it the tire and then plug the worm and then did a balancing before putting the tire back. All this for $8.

So they still do it this way? Coz yesterday I went Stamford and they charged me $10 for plugging the worm only.

↡ Advertisement

I rem the shell tire shop guy used to take it the tire and then plug the worm and then did a balancing before putting the tire back. All this for $8.

So they still do it this way? Coz yesterday I went Stamford and they charged me $10 for plugging the worm only.

8 - 12 buks about there.

Different place price vary.

Like chicken rice.

As long as they fix the problem can liao.

Some place i kenna . They didnt even try. Just say tyres spoil must replace. Min 2 pcs

Stamford $10 at tuas as well. No balancing. The plus point he would jack up the whole car check all four tyres for peace of mind.

yesterday I got charged $18 for what I believe is plugging worm only.

City Tyres at jln besar/lavender

At first say need to change 2 pcs cos they don't carry Continental.

4 minutes ago, MetalTab said:

Just did internal patch.

Shop at junction Nallur Rd and Upper East Coast Rd.

15/20-min job. Uncle looked proficient.

$30(must be CNY++ charge 🙄)

Do the price include rebalancing the tyre

Neutral Newbie

Just had my tyre fixed for internal patching. The tyre shop in simpang bedok facing coffee shop now charged $25 for patching. But can see uncle was knowledgeable and know his work.

Initially I told him the wrong tyre and he checked and said nothing was wrong with the tyre, then I realised I told him the wrong tyre. 😆 

Despite the increase in price, I was happy that I can drive in peace again 😀

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, XLee16 said:

Just had my tyre fixed for internal patching. The tyre shop in simpang bedok facing coffee shop now charged $25 for patching. But can see uncle was knowledgeable and know his work.

Initially I told him the wrong tyre and he checked and said nothing was wrong with the tyre, then I realised I told him the wrong tyre. 😆 

Despite the increase in price, I was happy that I can drive in peace again 😀

$25 for internal patch is quite cheap

• Praise 2

tyre patching with "worm" at the cheapest should be $2.90 plus 45 min of your time.. 

Mr Diy sells the kit with 3 sticks for $2.90. I did it myself after getting my tyre punctured twice in 3 months. Fortunately my bad luck ended there.. oh.. so technically tyre patching cost me 97c.

Twincharged
51 minutes ago, kododrift said:

tyre patching with "worm" at the cheapest should be $2.90 plus 45 min of your time.. 

Mr Diy sells the kit with 3 sticks for $2.90. I did it myself after getting my tyre punctured twice in 3 months. Fortunately my bad luck ended there.. oh.. so technically tyre patching cost me 97c.

if on the front tire, can easily DIy without removing the wheel. if on the rear, then the angle can be a little difficult if you leave the wheel on. Not so easy to ream the hole and the shove the worm in.

↡ Advertisement