PSLE CHINESE 2009 exam question under fire

Contax

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20091014/tap-...pi-231650b.html

SEAB says PSLE Chinese Paper was fair to pupils

http://sg.rd.yahoo.com/partners/channelnew...elnewsasia.com/ Channel NewsAsia - Thursday, October 15 SINGAPORE: The Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB) said it has in place a process to ensure all examination questions are carefully set and vetted

↡ Advertisement

What is the talk about unfairness?? If the student is hardworking and do more pass year question then good for them that they got it right.

If those who don't do that much then why complain?

I think it is fair.

The standard now is not like before where one can practically shake leg and play catch-up later.....and still get excellent results. Those days are long gone........ [sweatdrop]

Thats why year-in year-out, those so-call better primary have balloting war every year without fail. And its getting more competitive every year.

We have to give the kids the head-start as best as possible and within our means.

It does make a difference. How can a school top the PSLE results with average 80% to 90% A* students, where some schools only get 60%-70%. And i see the same PSLE statistics/trend every year.....since 5-6 years ago.

Edited by Hiphiphoray

cheh...this is not the first time woh....reverse 15yrs back when i was in sec, doing "o" level encounter very similar questions for math..so lucky....seriously those parents should just take it as it is...life is not fair and square...questions too difficult, parents and students complain, questions too similar....complain unfair, questions too simple, did any parents and students complain for being standard too low?

Its just another silly rant by Singaporean parents..

What is the talk about unfairness?? If the student is hardworking and do more pass year question then good for them that they got it right.

If those who don't do that much then why complain?

I think it is fair.

Reminds me of if child's test results no good, blame the schools and tutors. If national exams results no good, blame MOE. They themselves and the child are always not to be blamed. [laugh]

Ultimately it is the expectation of the parents .

Cannot blame them all as we all know that our system is very academic orientated - the higher you score the better the prospect and brighter the future .

Nobody like loosing out , but it is the character building , sense of duty and values that I inculcate more on my childrens.

It just show that most parents are kiasu..... and i pity the children now with so much more extra tuition, whatever courses their parents put them in.

And now this type of stupid complain. [thumbsdown] Please let the children have some time to be children and stop blaming the teacher or school or MOE.

Once upon a time teacher can discipline their student, now a little thing parents start complaining. How u want to improve if u tied up the teacher hands and legs and expect them to make the children learn. Now the teacher is so scare of complain and just give up on those not so gd student not becos they want to but if they discipline the children and the children complain to the parents, the parents will straight away complain it to MOE.

How to teach like that..

wah kao.... what will they complain next..... [sleeping] ........ if the student got study and "understand" instead of memorise.... they will not be in this state..... language for one how to memorise and spot question.... difficult.... so never study and understand the subject say it is tough.... dunno how to swim say dunno how to swim, dont blame the swimming trunk too big.....

Remember when I was taking the PSLE many many moons back.... as I was grill in my Chinese language since Pri 1.... the paper to me was easy.... very confident to score good mark.... alas dont have the same grilling for Angmo paper, so come out curse and swear, but my buddy who is strong in angmo paper, come out laughing, but cried after the chinese paper..... esp for language, if the foundation is solid, sure no problem..... but alas students now all like to spot questions and study the subject without understanding..... who to blame.....

Edited by Nlatio

TODAY paper got a small column about a 11yo boy fell to his death at SengKang from 16th floor apparently due to exam stress.

committed suicide i guess.

TODAY paper got a small column about a 11yo boy fell to his death at SengKang from 16th floor apparently due to exam stress.

committed suicide i guess.

sigh..... sad to hear this kind of thing..... condolences to the family...... society is moulding kid with high IQ..... but EQ zero..... this is the end result...... a little setback..... it's the end of the world for them..... all wanna go become superman..... [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement