SILENT QUOTE ME PRICE FOR SOUND PROOF...REASONABLE?

SZY

4 arc 160

Firewall 100

We recommend 4 arcs n 4 fenders at 320 instead of just 4 arcs

Best Regards,

Shan Sng

Silent Pte Ltd

CW - 15 Commonwealth Lane, Lot 27/28/31/45/46/47/48 Commonwealth Car Mall Singapore 149544

Tel: 6475 8500 / 6779 6383 Fax: 6475 7900

Ubi - 320 Ubi Road 3 ComfortDelGro Building Level 2 S408649

Tel: 68441180 Fax: 68445518

Penjuru Factory: 2 Penjuru Place

Email: [email protected]

Thanks Shan Sng for your reply.

May you quote me a price base on 4 wheel arc + firewall first.

As I haven't install my ICE system, I leave the 4 doors and floorplan after that.

Thanks

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your interest we are quite aware of the noise you are hearing

We strongly recommend using V1 Ultimate.

to effectively reduce them, doing up the arcs, floor pan and doors are essential. These areas are critical to reduce road, wind, noise and vibrations.

We will need to take out your tyres and protector to expose the panel connecting to the interior of yr car. By sealing up this area, the noise will be blocked from coming into your car. The tyres are actually the area with the most noise.

To achieve a even better effect, doing up the floor pan is also essential. Sound proofing your wheel arcs alone can block the noise from coming in from the wheels area, however, the noise will still be able to enter through the floor pan. We will need to take out your seats and carpets to lay the material on the exposed panel for you all the way from the point losest to the firewall to the back seats area.

Lastly your doors should also be sound proofed to block off the irritating rattles and vibrations. This will greatly enhanced your car audio system and at the same time block off the wind noise that is entering your car. This is the most impt area to do up.

Please note that all are quoted based on our double layer V-1 Material. Our unique feature of SILENT acoustic material is:

1 layer of sound damping and 1 layer of concealing. Dampen is to block the noise from entering your car. Conceal is to conceal the music and quietness of your car within your car without letting it escape out of your car.

To install all this 3 areas will take up around 6 hrs of yr precious time.

however, the after effect will be significant by reducing road, wind and vibrations.

Package Price for front 2 door, front arcs and fenders and floorpan:

Door - $70 each

4 arcs - $160

Floor pan - $400 (4 layer infront and 2 layer behind)

Whole package is $1500.

which includes the following:

4 doors 4 layer

floorpan 4 layer

boot

fenders

arcs

bonnet

boot lid

Other material ranges from $700 to $1500. It will definitely help to resolve the noises you are hearing at the moment. We have done up many many satisfied customers! No body knows your car more then us!

We will need one day to do up the whole car. 8 hours. Can cut off at least 50

↡ Advertisement

TS, you shouldn't cut and paste the entire conversation like that. it is only meant for you to read. if you want others to comment, you should extract and rewrite.

anyway, i suggest you find out how to DIY soundproofing. i reckon you can save 1k.

There are a couple of things to take note on areas to road, wind, noise and vibrations.

1) Your car's suspension. (Subjective, depending on the car manufacturer's specs & settings.)

If your car is new, the suspension is most likely on the the harder/stiffer feel. And becos of that you feel all kinds of vibrations until it settles down after some mileage. The noise it brings is also more obvious. So dun ask me whether to change the suspension. I just want to point out that suspension is a main factor to contributing noises and vibrations, installing "sound-proofing" is not getting to the root of the issue. In fact you are just adding more weight to your car that hardly solves the noise problem.

2) The tires.

Dun be a c0ck and want performance tires yet expect less road noise. If you are look at less road noise, choose comfort and less noisy tires. Tire pressure is also a main factor when it comes to noise.

3) Wheel Alignment.

If your wheels are not properly aligned, of course your will feel vibrations. And most important of all do not assume the wheels are aligned when you collect your new car.

The combination of suspension setting, the right choice of tires and wheel alignment will bring down the noise level significantly w/o spending a lot of money unnecessarily. The thing about issues on road, wind, noise and vibrations, all cars will experience the same at speeds of over 100km/hr.

IMO the best thing to do is to improve on the firewall to prevent heat from entering the cabin. The air con work less and fc will not suffer. Adding "sound proofing" will only add weight to your car, increase fc. Actually, you are not solving the noise problem but just isolating yourself away from it by adding sound proof. To me the car's vibrations and noise it inherits is a positive feedback to the driver. The sudden lack or/and addition of them will tell me something is wrong somewhere.

A good piece of advise is to know your car first before you do anything to it. The thing about suspension is that you can't do much on the settings. But you can start with the tires, tire pressure and wheel balance & alignment.

(edited)

TS, you shouldn't cut and paste the entire conversation like that. it is only meant for you to read. if you want others to comment, you should extract and rewrite.

anyway, i suggest you find out how to DIY soundproofing. i reckon you can save 1k.

Was think of DIY also, but do not know where to get the materials and tools.

Anyone interested want to DIY together or any freelancer willing to provide lessons?

Any other good workshop to recommend?

Thanks all.

Edited by SZY

Was think of DIY also, but do not know where to get the materials and tools.

Anyone interested want to DIY together or any freelancer willing to provide lessons?

Any other good workshop to recommend?

Thanks all.

i know someone who successfully DIYed with Lancer. spent only about $200 for the sound-proofing sheets. that's why i say $1.5k is cut-throat. [knife]

tools are just general tools that will enable you to access the place, important u must have a sharp blade. If you dun have a heatgun, sunning the SP mat before pasting it also works.

materials you can buy from ice shops. Lessons with pictures, you can find all over the internet. Its easy.

if you intend to diy, one good tip--> Wear gloves.

i know someone who successfully DIYed with Lancer. spent only about $200 for the sound-proofing sheets. that's why i say $1.5k is cut-throat. [knife]

mind to share where to purchase the sound proof sheet for $200, man can save $1k its worth it...

Look around bro, is very sure there are others at 'competitive' pricing.

I did my SP at foon audio garage (284 Macpherson Road), the worksmanship is good and the boss is ok.

not going to SILENT anymore?

considering all options if got ppl want to DIY i dun mind do together can help each other... If I alone scare get stuck like things take out dunno how to put back then die... so if no ppl then got to find workshop...

Look around bro, is very sure there are others at 'competitive' pricing.

I did my SP at foon audio garage (284 Macpherson Road), the worksmanship is good and the boss is ok.

hi how much you spent at foon audio?

↡ Advertisement