How many km your full tank gives you? (daily driving)

Nemozai

Neutral Newbie

used to drive a concerto (fuel injection), when i pump to the brim, it will give me 500over km. if i do some hard driving also got 400plus. Car was more than 15yrs old. i could do a century sprint in 10sec with a good launch in dry conditions.

no fuel enhancer, just a good 100% synthetic oil and engine treatment. open pod stainless steel. straight through exhaust. spark enhancer.

NOBODY believed me... [bigcry] (cars in the 90s had great improvments with juz an open pod and straight through exhaust, cant say the same for modern cars now)

so i checked my car specs... oil tank was 50L... most model cars now are 40L? and my rims were 16inch 45s... but not sure if original was 14inch 65s... so maybe my tyres were to big hence the extra reading in my distance... hmmmm.. dont know leh... cause i had a friend who drove an EG 2-dr and he clocked 500km on his full tank too (note that i am NOT referring to highway figures) but he had 2 carbon seats, carbon doors, boot bonnet.. used 15inch 55s. hmmmmm........

is 500km really not possible on a full tank of petrol in petrol driven cars? i thought that the city n jazz DSI versions also were very furl efficent? [confused]

↡ Advertisement

my avante is 53L tank,

1 full tank can bring mi 660km> when indicator lights up.

i pump 5L extra after auto stop usually.

Edited by Siaomond

Neutral Newbie

45L of fuel when the warning light comes out for my Evo x. [drivingcar]

Usually travel about 300-350km. [sweatdrop]

I am using Caltex Platinum [thumbsup] and pump twice a week. [flowerface]

Neutral Newbie

My Allion tank capacity is 60L

Sometimes can travel 800km+ before the indicator lights, worst case can travel 700km+

Running on 95 (Esso)

Edited by Mikael74

Neutral Newbie

SPC 95fuel.. 55L tank.. pumped in 45L can go 550km.. [lipsrsealed]

no mods done.. only running on 205/55/r16..

err....... wat car??

Neutral Newbie

wah.... eye opener for me.....

know so much about bhp, how fast blah blah but didnt know so much about milage on a full tank.....

then if like this wat is so attractive about driving a Hybrid? [confused]

I drove from Singapore to KL on one full tank and still got petrol let to move around in the city. I think the distance covered is between 450 to 500 km. I am driving a 2,000 cc camry.

Neutral Newbie

I drove from Singapore to KL on one full tank and still got petrol let to move around in the city. I think the distance covered is between 450 to 500 km. I am driving a 2,000 cc camry.

highway difference alot... but anyway 2000cc cars above your full tank cost more n you get less mileage. car heavier also.

Neutral Newbie

IMHO hybrids are a bit overrated, not really worth the price if the intention is fuel saving, more of making a statement on saving the earth i guess

That said are there any hybrid owners here who would like to share their mileage?

Neutral Newbie

IMHO hybrids are a bit overrated, not really worth the price if the intention is fuel saving, more of making a statement on saving the earth i guess

That said are there any hybrid owners here who would like to share their mileage?

i tink manual says smthing in the 1000km range... but then again the manuals state their milage on empty 1 driver cars etc...

You must be earning a lot.

A lot of Thanks! points that is.

45L of fuel when the warning light comes out for my Evo x. [drivingcar]

Usually travel about 300-350km. [sweatdrop]

I am using Caltex Platinum [thumbsup] and pump twice a week. [flowerface]

Tried once to test my car by pumping the fuel to brim... if drive gently and maintain 90km/hr at HW.... by the red light blinking, its around 620- 640km... never drive till the petrol dry so dunno can potentially reach how many KM. Im driving a vios M/T FL06 model. usually travel by 2 male adult person in the car and clicked around 3500km/mth. around 60% HW vs 40% City.

↡ Advertisement