Flip Key question

Ironstarz

Have anyone with 2 way alarm convert to flip keys ? Can it be done ? My current key's remote is useless now, there is a additiona 2 way remote beside my key which make it kinda bulky to carry around , so i'm wondering can i combine them to make it become a flip key . :D

↡ Advertisement

After they quote you the price you will faint.

simply cut throat price tat is out of tis world. I thot they were quoting my space shuttle key when i approached them wif my car key <_<

If yours is those 2-way remote with LCD screen, then chances are they

dont have compatible filpkey module. Those remote w/o Screen, then

perhaps it is possible. But paying those cut throat price, I rather u stick

to your 2-way remote and use the $$ for engine push start/stop module

if your current 2-way can support keyless entry.

I did mine there@their Toh Guan outlet - my S Swift key they charged me@$95, for one key conversion.

It is a 15 min job. The key now looks far more "stylo" - like a switch blade [thumbsup] The con is that, to change battery, need to go back to them, cuz not easy to remove the flip key battery cover.

On hindsight, doing flip key is only worth it if plan to keep car for long.

Edited by Deathstalker

Thanks for the replies i forgot to mention my 2 way come with a spare remote which have no LCD screen.So am i right to say my spare remote which is without LCD screen is possible to convert to flip keys right ?

marina square the keymaker (near cathay photo) does it. don't know about price though

This one is a branch of the Soxxi shop mentioned above if i rem correctly.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the replies i forgot to mention my 2 way come with a spare remote which have no LCD screen.So am i right to say my spare remote which is without LCD screen is possible to convert to flip keys right ?

I ever convert mine, but mine is the normal remote (2 buttons type). Converted to flip type for $50 @ Sin Ming.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, where did you do up your key in Sin Ming? Just went to Soxxi and they are unble to do for Mitsubishi and quoted me $3XX to do a alarm cum flip key.

Obviously cannot la... your 2 way remote has different buttons for different functions.

Normal key only like lock and unlock. How to convert 2 way remote with different buttons into a flip key with only lock/unlock button? LOL...

Flip key only for conversion from stock remote :)

I did mine there@their Toh Guan outlet - my S Swift key they charged me@$95, for one key conversion.

It is a 15 min job. The key now looks far more "stylo" - like a switch blade [thumbsup] The con is that, to change battery, need to go back to them, cuz not easy to remove the flip key battery cover.

On hindsight, doing flip key is only worth it if plan to keep car for long.

do u leave near Eunos ? think can get the swift keys for $65 at one of the shops there .. [lipsrsealed]

i went SXXXX also... but the person not very friendly... keke

Mine is a JDM and only one key has a remote.

Changed to the flip key at JB accessories shop for around 100+ and $20 to make key + 5 packet of chicken rice to install the key into the remote. [:p] [:p] [:p]

Sound complicated lah....

1) Install the alarm liao discover that they dun make key and it was late and nobody making it liao.

2) drove back with new alarm but using old keys.

3) Go make keys liao the guy say dun install for me.

4) Go friend shop and ask his guys to do for me....5 packet of chicken rice.

:D

↡ Advertisement