Honda overpriced...Mazda overpriced

Picanto

ignore the bugger lah...he is an underprivileged, inferior complex sod.....pity him actually as his life must be one of low-lifes.....

Are you an over privileged pioneer ?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

civic and mazda is getting more expensive and is more expensive than some of the conti..

This is due to rising Yen and lower Euro.

It basically boils down to preference. I've owned quite a fair share of Japs and Contis and I'm the type who goes for Value for $$$.

With the rising yen, Jap cars carries high OMV -> High price. Its still the same car but the $ paid to "absolute" zero value added.

Hence its where you "choose" to put ur $.

Koreans ain't tat bad as well.

I have a colleague which just collected his KIA Forte, must say quite impressed with the quality.

EA

Honda really overpriced their cars.

Renault Clio now cost only $65,999, and you get French ride quality as the default equipment in that car.

Edited by Alfisti168

ignore the bugger lah...he is an underprivileged, inferior complex sod.....pity him actually as his life must be one of low-lifes.....

3 words for you: rest in peace.

By the way, do u guys know that mazda just cut price this weekend?

Mazda3 1.6l sedan now costs $66k, I think the 2l one costs $80k.

Sure give toyota and nissan a run for their money.........

By the way, do u guys know that mazda just cut price this weekend?

Mazda3 1.6l sedan now costs $66k, I think the 2l one costs $80k.

Sure give toyota and nissan a run for their money.........

66k is really good value. But got come w gimmicks one or not??

Neutral Newbie

Wow...did a quick check at SGcarmart....back in May 09, (earliest period Sgcarmart had any record), price of 1.6l Mazda was $77,488, with COE at $8500. This should be before rebates and all...

Fast forward to today, with COE at about $19000, price is about $69k! Very strange pricing strategy...

Neutral Newbie

Think the trick to buy Mazda car is to aim for it after a few months...maybe 6 months after..sure see the price falls...haha...maybe time to get one....

Seems like Mazda always like to price their cars high first, then lower the price subsequently.

Look at the old Mazda 3 and uu will know le.

those who buy early sure [furious]

Haha... This is very typical, as I mention in a post before, they are out to cut carrots. Same in the field I am in, once they find they cannot gain much share with that pricing, they can suddenly slash the price amazingly just to match their competitor, of course those who buy before will #%$^, but this is how they do business. If in a reverse, if Civic starts to sell badly , I believe they will slash 10k off the price as well, maybe 5K first.. This is just how business runs.

Wow...did a quick check at SGcarmart....back in May 09, (earliest period Sgcarmart had any record), price of 1.6l Mazda was $77,488, with COE at $8500. This should be before rebates and all...

Fast forward to today, with COE at about $19000, price is about $69k! Very strange pricing strategy...

Well that's not very nice [shakehead] How to maintain brand integrity lidat?! If their intention was to position their cars in a more premium segment than say Toyota or Nissan, they've just gone and shot themselves in the head is what they've done! [rifle]

Well that's not very nice [shakehead] How to maintain brand integrity lidat?! If their intention was to position their cars in a more premium segment than say Toyota or Nissan, they've just gone and shot themselves in the head is what they've done! [rifle]

Well. I remember the Mazda 3 to have a price of roughly $80 000 in yr 2004, 3 years down the road, price drop till 60k+ or even 50k+ le. Damn value for money.

↡ Advertisement