Is this punishment too harsh?

Ahtong

Link

16 yo from broken family worked as a runner for ah long. She gets 4 years jail.

Boomz is older, stole credit cards and got probation only?

↡ Advertisement

The question is did she set fire. The article only said she will be paid $150 for arson. It never said she did it [confused]

Come think of it, luckily she is a girl. Michael Fay backside open flower because of vandalism [sweatdrop]

The question is did she set fire. The article only said she will be paid $150 for arson. It never said she did it [confused]

Come think of it, luckily she is a girl. Michael Fay backside open flower because of vandalism [sweatdrop]

The way I read the article seems like she did start those fires. The magnitude is unkown though.

However, she knowily accepted payment to perform such acts means she has gotto pay for her crimes with the time.

Most impt question is will she be properly rehabilitated at the end of that 4 yrs? I don;t have any friends who work for the prison service so am not sure of this.

Edited by Lex250

Neutral Newbie

--------------------------

They paid the 16-year-old up to $50 for each debtor she harassed and $150 more for every place she set on fire.

She committed a dozen such offences until she was caught on June 22.

---------------------------

It's "paid" and not "will be paid" and the report already mentioned that she committed the offences. Arson is a very serious crime, much more serious then stealing credit cards.

Oh noes ... then good luck to her.

Anyway my opinion of syndicated crimes is that the small fries get disproportionate punishment. Even if their sentence is harsh, there will alway be more despo or stupid people to take over the runner jobs. I wonder if it is that hard to track down the head honcho. [confused]

setting fire is a very serious offence equal to murder. if lucky she kill someone, if not lucky she can kill many people. or some people may become brain dead for suffocation.

I think they should also punish the Ah Long. Without Ah Long, there will no be any runners. The punishment for Ah Long should be death sentence.

technically it is difficult to punish the ah long who in this case obviously are the masterminds. because they are not even arrested and their identity is unknown. i do agree that they are the main culprit and should be dealt the harshest, like 20 years jail and their wealth confiscated.

i dont think the ah long is wrong. ah long is providing a service. the victim can go try borrow $$$ from dbs and see which is more vicious, dbs or ah long.

anyway, with the "IR" coming up, maybe the mastermind of ah long is dbs...... [dizzy][dizzy]

I think they should also punish the Ah Long. Without Ah Long, there will no be any runners. The punishment for Ah Long should be death sentence.

Agree with you. I think there should be a plea bargain where the runner just have to bun knife her immediate superior. From there we follow the chain all the way up.

Does anyone know if Singapore has witness protection program?

If you want a detail report, go and read the Lian He Zao Pau. The Zao Pau reported that she harassed 10 debtors in Jun this year alone; and within 6 days, she poured paints and thinner and set fire on the debtor

↡ Advertisement