All about vans....

Alfisti168

Wow i didnt know NV200 is problematic. Thought it should be ok since it is becoming quite common on the roads.

Sad because no other small japanese van in the market already.

↡ Advertisement

we moved beyond that. [drivingcar]

have a whatsapp & fb group to share knowledge and ideas about vans such as repairs, maintainence and mods [:p]

pm me if you keen.

yup now the nv200 population still below 5 years old. after that the workshops will be their favourite pitstops. lol.

hiace seems like a popular choice even for 2nd hand.

any issues with the vito till now?

Would like to join in to learn more about vans for sure

Wow i didnt know NV200 is problematic. Thought it should be ok since it is becoming quite common on the roads.

Sad because no other small japanese van in the market already.

NV200 is indeed very popular because it's the only small Japanese van.

Got a few issues since I got mine in 2011. Changed cooling coil, some sensor at the engine before. Also changed front brake pads at 30K. Yes, it's using Renault engine and changing the oil filter is a pain in the ass already.

But it's quite nice to drive though. Whack the van still can get 13km/l.

Now commercial vehicles with euro5/euro6 usually have problem with the DPF. Even for Japanese makes also the same. Perhaps those Japanese vans still in euro3/euro4 is more reliable.

Got a few issues since I got mine in 2011. Changed cooling coil, some sensor at the engine before. Also changed front brake pads at 30K. Yes, it's using Renault engine and changing the oil filter is a pain in the ass already.

I understand the engine is Renault Clio, your mech could have save much time if he uses a cup wrench 66mm x 6 ribs.

( designed for paper filter canister). Correct me , I maybe be wrong

post-272-0-21887100-1419768569_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeobh
  • Praise 1

we moved beyond that. [drivingcar]

have a whatsapp & fb group to share knowledge and ideas about vans such as repairs, maintainence and mods [:p]

pm me if you keen.

yup now the nv200 population still below 5 years old. after that the workshops will be their favourite pitstops. lol.

hiace seems like a popular choice even for 2nd hand.

any issues with the vito till now?

So far so good. very nice to drive with its light steering, however parking is rather challenging especially in small MSCP. Its is longer than NV350 or Hiace.

Since Vito is a German made, the maintenance cost should be on the high side...

with the current sky high COE, the cost of buying a small van doesn't makes much differences from getting a full size van.

Edited by Jackson_ngo
  • Praise 1

Old Japanese van is the most "maintenance-free" vehicle ever. Getting a Conti van or a newer Jap van (in this case Nissan with a Renault Heart) might see increase in your maintenance expense.

My old Vanette is still kicking and so far so good.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Vanette as in the old Nissan Vanette commonly seen in Malaysia?

Yes, the van which sells MY durians in HDB car parks, or used by MY renovation contractors. Since this one uses a sgp pte number plate and rear seats for 5 to 7 passengers, just nice for shopping with friends in JB. Edited by Super7

Yes, the van which sells MY durians in HDB car parks, or used by MY renovation contractors. Since this one uses a sgp pte number plate and rear seats for 5 to 7 passengers, just nice for shopping with friends in JB.

Wow interesting =)

I think i have only seen 1 singaporean plate Vanette in the last 4 or 5 years. Could be you lol.

What's the age of your Vanette? And are you still able to get spare parts for replacement? since it is not common on our roads anymore.

And how is the insurance for it? Can insure with TPFT? Heard old vehicles only can get third-party only?

the oil filter at the front hidden under the hose thingie?

same old french design lol

Turbocharged

Wow interesting =)

I think i have only seen 1 singaporean plate Vanette in the last 4 or 5 years. Could be you lol.

What's the age of your Vanette? And are you still able to get spare parts for replacement? since it is not common on our roads anymore.

And how is the insurance for it? Can insure with TPFT? Heard old vehicles only can get third-party only?

I use 3rd party cover. The same series stopped production in MY only in 2000 or so, there are still many such vans on the road in MY, so new/used spare parts shouldnt be a problem if I buy them in JB whenever I need them (scrapyards there will be a good place if I dont need new parts).

The engine is hardy, being designed for commercial use. I can load a few bicycles (or other hobby stuff) at the back. I may retrofit the interior to make it a "Project" van. I think there's also another pte plate Vanette running around. [grin]

the oil filter at the front hidden under the hose thingie?

same old french design lol

Yep, damn the French designers...haha.

I use 3rd party cover. The same series stopped production in MY only in 2000 or so, there are still many such vans on the road in MY, so new/used spare parts shouldnt be a problem if I buy them in JB whenever I need them (scrapyards there will be a good place if I dont need new parts).

The engine is hardy, being designed for commercial use. I can load a few bicycles (or other hobby stuff) at the back. I may retrofit the interior to make it a "Project" van. I think there's also another pte plate Vanette running around. [grin]

So you are one of the "odd-ones", the last pte plated vannette i saw is like years ago... now fairly seen some newer S-plates hiace. Btw what's ur vanette colour ?

Turbocharged

So you are one of the "odd-ones", the last pte plated vannette i saw is like years ago... now fairly seen some newer S-plates hiace. Btw what's ur vanette colour ?

There are at least two yellow S plate vanettes, I drive one of them. :-)

There are at least two yellow S plate vanettes, I drive one of them. :-)

It's probably me if you saw someone waving at u. Trololol.

Any workshops to recommend to install wood base for cargo area for the van ?

You can ask any carpentry workshop to do it for you.

↡ Advertisement