Parent volunteer interview for primary school

Plusnplus

Hi all,

Anyone been through parent volunteer interview for primary school?

what question usually they ask?

thanks for any info

↡ Advertisement

Try looking here. You can even see comments specific to the popular schools.

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/index.php

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/

wuahhh,

parent become volunteer for put their children = kiasu parent?

agree. have been more then 10 times discuss it with my wife. to stop further discussion with her, i agree to interview for volunteer job.

Hi all,

thanks for any info

Volunteer for RC also counts same as volunteer for school....

Make sure to clock your 40 hours in the year prior to registration...remember that registration is the year before kidlet starts school

Another thing to remember, "bo pao gia tio hor"... Especially those very popular schools. Although there are fewer children nowadays, it has been offsetted by more schools going into single session...

Neutral Newbie

Things that parents would do to secure their children's future ... frankly it may be better to join a grassroot organisation as you will have priority in the schools under the constituent and not just one particular school ...

Neutral Newbie

hmmm...been to one...the VP jus ask simple qns....which I cant rem liao...

IMO, they jus wanna judge how's the family like....n oso jus tell us wat kinda of Volunteer work be given to us...the no. of hours we nid to clock...

But I rem....my hb is v cute....make my boy memorise the school's motto...which he did...but the VP nvr ask...

Edited by Limhm

Things that parents would do to secure their children's future ... frankly it may be better to join a grassroot organisation as you will have priority in the schools under the constituent and not just one particular school ...

Also remember, if join grass roots you get to work for the general community. Lots of good stuff to do and feedback.

If volunteer at the school when your kid not even attend is quite calculative.

If wanna volunteer to support the school while kid is attending is altruistic though.

Also remember, if join grass roots you get to work for the general community. Lots of good stuff to do and feedback.

If volunteer at the school when your kid not even attend is quite calculative.

If wanna volunteer to support the school while kid is attending is altruistic though.

I'm being bo liao, but the use of altruistic here seems incorrect in general, unless you are coming from the child's POV

I'm being bo liao, but the use of altruistic here seems incorrect in general, unless you are coming from the child's POV

Nope it's correct.

From www.dictionary.com

Altruistic:

1. unselfishly concerned for or devoted to the welfare of others (opposed to egoistic ).

2. Animal Behavior. of or pertaining to behavior by an animal that may be to its disadvantage but that benefits others of its kind, often its close relatives.

Once your child is already in school, what direct benefit do you achieve from volunteering at the school? The bulk of the benefit goes to the school community in general, which enjoys the fruits of whatever labour you do.

You can of course argue:

1. Parent benefits from networking opportunities

2. Parent benefits by being closer to kid

But I think that's reaching a bit

got a few.......juz tat i frown at e idea of tis volunteer thingy. <_<

I didn't have to bother as I'm alumni of a popular school. Didn't have to go through that much to put my kids through. [sweatdrop]

I can, however, understand why parents would go all-out to secure a place at a popular school. I don't think the time and effort put in is anything to sniff at. I just hope their children grow up to appreciate it, one way or another.

I don't think joining/volunteering grassroot or RC will entitle you for phase 2B. You have to be a community leader, whatever that is.

Hi all,

thanks for any info

I think some school principals will tell you. Sorry, full. Too many kiasu parents.

My wife & I plan to have children in the year of the Tiger or any other horoscope other dan drangon. So that we won't have such headaches.

Supercharged

my fren hub went for it. all i can say is "the daddy occupation makes a world lot of difference" in the selection process :)

↡ Advertisement