Chevrolet Optra Engine maintenance

GoodCar

Car slightly higher or lower on one side might b normal. Sometimes it wil adjust itself when u drive.

If yr shocks r worn out, then better to change. Did u chk the shocks r worn?

I prefer to buy the shocks myself (much cheaper) n get my ws to fix for me. I buy 1pc abt $80. Ws provide 1pc abt $130. Oh mine is Optra but price sud b close.

Remember after u change shocks, very important u need to do the 4 wheel computerised alignment to get all settings back to manufacturers specs.

Thanks for your advise. I have checked. No leak or crack but when the vehicle goes over a hump there's ew ew sound on the right wheel. not sure is it the shock problem. Could provide me the address to buy the shock and also the ws? Thanks

Thanks for your advise. I have checked. No leak or crack but when the vehicle goes over a hump there's ew ew sound on the right wheel. not sure is it the shock problem. Could provide me the address to buy the shock and also the ws? Thanks

Chevy shocks I get from a // importer. Aik Hoe at Race Course Rd.

WS I used to go Keng Wah Motor at Yishun Indl Pk A. Boss/mech is Ah Ting. Search here for the full address n tel no.

Computerised 4 wheel alignment I do in JB cos all SG shops too damm expensive. [dizzy]

Edited by Pisces69

Help needed, please.

My Optra air-con compressor need replacement.

Called two stockists I'm familiar with and both said no stock.

Anyone can help me?

U can try Markcool in Woodlands. See Ah Huat the foreman.

I changed mine there to an OEM compressor las time. Abt $500.

U can try Markcool in Woodlands. See Ah Huat the foreman.

I changed mine there to an OEM compressor las time. Abt $500.

Thank you.

Quoted about the same at a workshop in the West.

• Praise 1

I do have a Chevrolet OptraSS 1.6 , have felt vibrations sometimes, no idea where it originates, but mostly solved or greatly reduced by regularly adding engine protector additives such as "Power Up". The sound you are hearing could also be your Air Con Blower Fan . since much of the sound is indoors. You may also want to check the Power Steering Oil level as well.

Cheers [sunny]

Edited by AneshMuniyandhi

I do have a Chevrolet OptraSS 1.6 , have felt vibrations sometimes, no idea where it originates, but mostly solved or greatly reduced by regularly adding engine protector additives such as "Power Up". The sound you are hearing could also be your Air Con Blower Fan . since much of the sound is indoors. You may also want to check the Power Steering Oil level as well.

Cheers [sunny]

What engine oil are you using ?

Help needed, please.

Anyone can help me?

Help needed, please.

Anyone can help me?

I've new oem timing belt for sale as a set. Selling at special pricing. Pls sms me at 97599935.

Thank you.

Neutral Newbie

My 2006 optra estate auto recently been stalling.

Just got my car towed last week and ws replace fuel pump because cannot start. Maybe unrelated to stalling.

Anyway back to stalling issue. Will experience this after parking for long time like 8hrs. Car can crank, start easily and idle just below 1krpm. Put in D and move off ( not stepping the accelator) have no problem. Once I step on the accelator to drive off and release, rpm goes up and dives to 0 and the engine stalls. This usually happens only on starting my journey. like park my car to go watch a football match kind of timing.

Any bro got experience in such stall in optra?

Thanks

(edited)

My 2006 optra estate auto recently been stalling.

Just got my car towed last week and ws replace fuel pump because cannot start. Maybe unrelated to stalling.

Anyway back to stalling issue. Will experience this after parking for long time like 8hrs. Car can crank, start easily and idle just below 1krpm. Put in D and move off ( not stepping the accelator) have no problem. Once I step on the accelator to drive off and release, rpm goes up and dives to 0 and the engine stalls. This usually happens only on starting my journey. like park my car to go watch a football match kind of timing.

Any bro got experience in such stall in optra?

Thanks

Vacuum hose leak?

Actually just go to that workshop that a lot of Chevies goes to, should be able to solve.

My retired early Optra, IIRC,

- 5th year and 9th year alternator kaputz

- 9th year fuel pump kaputz

- 5th year change valve for AC compressor, 8th year change compressor.

- throttle body, no change [cool]

The most reliable parts are the shock absorbers - front changed at about 150k ( thought got problem ) and rear > 200k km never change.

P.S. got towed twice in a month on the 9th year.

Edited by Kklee

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Was suspecting vacuum hose leak somewhere. Next suspect will be throttle body. One more yr to go... have to tiong, else buy BMW.

WS where lots of chevy go to?? RXX? Never have much faith in their young mechanics. Will go look for my ah pek ws to take a look.

Another thing I've notice. If the car is about to stall, the gear is not changing up. My gear changes at abt 2.5k rpm. The rpm can be at 3k to 4k rpm and the gear is not going up. Once let go of the accelator, the engine will stall.

All this stalling usually happen after the car is parked for certain amount of time. Recently getting worse. It stalls when I'm rolling towards the red light on the right lane.What if I'm rolling at 90 on PIE right lane. This is a scary thought.

↡ Advertisement