How to remove stubborn stain on windscreen?

Ftco

I have this water/chemical stain on my front windscreen which came from a leaky pipe in a basement car park that is super stubborn. I suspect the drip contains some chemical. The stain though transparent is very obvious when the windscreen is wet. :angry:

I have tried Autoglym glass polish, thinner, turpentine, vinegar, lime, bleach, claybar, Jif but none seem to work! Anyone can suggest what I can do to remove it? [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement

I have this water/chemical stain on my front windscreen which came from a leaky pipe in a basement car park that is super stubborn. I suspect the drip contains some chemical. The stain though transparent is very obvious when the windscreen is wet. :angry:

I have tried Autoglym glass polish, thinner, turpentine, vinegar, lime, bleach, claybar, Jif but none seem to work! Anyone can suggest what I can do to remove it? [bigcry]

My groomer managed to clean mine.

I have this water/chemical stain on my front windscreen which came from a leaky pipe in a basement car park that is super stubborn. I suspect the drip contains some chemical. The stain though transparent is very obvious when the windscreen is wet. angry.gif

I have tried Autoglym glass polish, thinner, turpentine, vinegar, lime, bleach, claybar, Jif but none seem to work! Anyone can suggest what I can do to remove it? bigcry.gif

I know this post is many years back but I faced the same situation. Any DIY solutions?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I know this is an old post, but if I found it now, so will others so this will help anyone having the same problem. Had exactly the same thing a week ago, stains not visible during the day and when the windscreen is dry, but when wet, or ac is on, couldn’t even drive! Once you swipe with a damp chamois the windshield, stains comes visible (see photos).I suspect this was caused when my car was parked underneath a balcony and the tenant threw water containing some sort of bleach in it and dripped on my windshield.  Tried a lot of things that didn’t work and was nearly going to replace the windscreen when somebody told me try rubbing it with a potato! Well, it worked! Seems like that the starch from the potato did the trick. All you have to do is slice off a piece from the potato so that the inner part is uncovered. Throw away the slice and with the potato, the side from where the skin was cut off, Rub the windscreen with it, you must make some good pressure and rub it hard. With every 30cm x 30cm area you scrub, cut off a slice from the potato so that the juice will come out again, and continue rubbing it hard another small area. Use a good size potato so that you have a good grip on it. Less than an hour’s job and it was done and cost nothing. Tried uploading the video containing the cleaning process with the potato but file is too big. 

IMG_6843.jpeg

IMG_6824.jpeg

Edited by Lonzu
  • Praise 1