Top 8 reasons why real men drive manual

Prostcode

what if want to switch lane in heavy traffic then engine stall? [laugh] [laugh]

then probably thats not your own car. when you drive your own manual car for a long enough time, things like this should never happen. matching gear to vehicle speed, selecting required powerband, pre-empting etc would come naturally, like placing one leg infront of another when walking.

dey are auto manuals....driver say when change, on the move robot change for them

they are clutchless

so ppl that drive an automatic ferrari 360 or lamborghini gallardo egear are not real men?

they are clutchless

so ppl that drive an automatic ferrari 360 or lamborghini gallardo egear are not real men?

I am quite particular abt this point - the cars are not clutchless - they just dun have clutch pedals.

The e-gear, as well as the dsg, selespeed and mitsi SST (i tink) system are still MANUAL gear boxes. When you use the paddles on the steering wheel to change gear this activates a robotic clutch that engages and disengages to effect the gear change.

These systems have all the advantages of manual gearbox still. Just dun have to use left foot to depress clutch - so best of both worlds

then probably thats not your own car. when you drive your own manual car for a long enough time, things like this should never happen. matching gear to vehicle speed, selecting required powerband, pre-empting etc would come naturally, like placing one leg infront of another when walking.

yes but for manual there is a torque dip...

in a way yes....and a class 3A would be able to drive them

yes - confirm class 3A CAN drive - I check out already when I test drive the 159.

My wifey love that car - she likes manual but is scared to drive one in the tight carparks and jams, but normal driving she prefer. So Alfa is perfect compromise (is "gentler" than the other full sports DSG etc) and I like the handling of the Alfa - is on my shortlist for next car.

Point 5 is why I don't like driving manual in Singapore. Already have to look out for so many things (idiot drivers etc), still want me to multi task?!

Also another one that scares a lot of people: Rollback on a slope.

If you are stuck in a jam on an uphill slope, at best it's tiring and troublesome, at worst it's scary.

Edited by Benarsenal
↡ Advertisement