Top 8 reasons why real men drive manual

Prostcode

That day I was coming out of AMK hub carpark and in front of me was a manual car.

Lucky I kept a distance from him near the exit as his car stalled and he rolled back quite a bit. [dizzy]

And he stalled a total of 3 times before he "zhua" his accelerator and crawled up the slope.

But AMK hub carpark exit is really shitty.

Slope so steep and need to look out for pedestrians from left and right and at the same time, cars from the right.

Stress sia.

Edited by Sg2303

Is Manual the Macho transmission?

I don't think so.

if want to be macho, can go gym build muscles. really dun have to drive a manual trans to be macho right?

if want to be macho, can go gym build muscles. really dun have to drive a manual trans to be macho right?

That's correct.

But for a person who already driving a manual, the quickest way to be macho is just say manual=macho.

Instant Macho

Neutral Newbie

Manual is more fun to drive, but in singapore, always traffic jam, and all the shopping centre car park slope is steep steep, drive manual is tiring, especially after playing soccer or a hard day's work.

Neutral Newbie

Buying auto trans means during emergency, you have higher chance that somebody is able to help you drive.

Nowadays Lexus and Merc has 7 or 8 gears, hence able to shift gears so smoothly and unnoticed. You can't have 8 speed manual right?

If I have a daily car, must be auto trans. If I can afford another weekend car, it will be manual.

Neutral Newbie

Buying auto trans means during emergency, you have higher chance that somebody is able to help you drive.

Nowadays Lexus and Merc has 7 or 8 gears, hence able to shift gears so smoothly and unnoticed. You can't have 8 speed manual right?

If I have a daily car, must be auto trans. If I can afford another weekend car, it will be manual.

I really dont mind trying an 8MT just to see how it feels like haha... Dont think we need to get past 7th gear for most of Singapore driving speeds though unless their gear ratio is so close that we literally can change gear every 2.5k rpm... Right now for my 6MT I only engage 6th gear when I am nearing 90km/hr at 3k rpm which will put me at about 2,7k rpm after change.

I can imagine its gonna be really smooth cruising at 8th gear at 100km/hr haha... *drools*

Neutral Newbie

i have been driving manual car (van) during the day n it is really tiring during jam n slope but when it come to braking i 100% vote for it cause i find it is easier to brake when travelling at 100km/hr n suddenly the car infront stop i find engine brake is really very good very often when driving auto i find it i have to jam brake when the car infront suddenly stop feel not safe...but comfort is auto more song la.. can drive 1 leg the other leg shake shake then 1 hand put on arm rest song song all the way

Could be the same guy as this guy tracks as well. He used to drive a mini but last i've seen, he driving a S3.. Been almost a year or two since i last saw him.. Nevertheless, he's quite admirable.

dont need to drive a manual to feel like a real man. if you drive a hummer or any other masculine looking car, you can wear pink but people will think you look manly and is comfortable with your sexuality. for me, daily driving i will use auto car, manual for work when i need to go on site.

the article mentioned manual can drift and do fancy stuff is just bulls, how many of the world's male population who drive manual can really drift and do fancy stuff on road? also there are ladies who can drift too, not only men.

Neutral Newbie

Sometimes too many gears is no good for performance driving. Too many choices and not required. 5-6 speed is just nice.

My car only 5 forward gears, cruising at 110km/h in Malaysia it was about 2,100-2,200rpm. For some Jap car, the ratio is very much spec for fast acceleration or town driving but not top speed.

Still remember those 2 door STi in 1998-1999? Put in a more powerful engine the gearbox will surely blow. It was a close ration gearbox for acceleration.

Ever have car change gear halfway round corner and see what it does to handling?

Ever have car run out of brakes halfway down hill.

Which car does this happen to - Auto or Manual?

Why need to change gear while cornering? I don't get it.

I think auto and manual cars, both can "run out of brakes", isn't it?

That's why I think it's better to use engine brake sometimes when going down genting.

for top speed isit available on the new version of WRX?

i am buzzle by why my WRX can only reach the speed of 170km/h ++ while cruising at malaysia's highway

isit the cut off?

my car air condition also cut off when i fully depress my car throttle....

mine is AT

Why need to change gear while cornering? I don't get it.

You don't, but an auto will change gear when throttle input changes - even if you dun want it to, a manual will only change when you ask it. Have also been caught before while gearbox "hunts" in an auto car.

You don't, but an auto will change gear when throttle input changes - even if you dun want it to, a manual will only change when you ask it. Have also been caught before while gearbox "hunts" in an auto car.

What do you mean by hunt?

(anyway i am just asking questions, like i said be4, auto or manual is up to each preference.)

What do you mean by hunt?

(anyway i am just asking questions, like i said be4, auto or manual is up to each preference.)

Cannot make up its mind which gear to choose - go up, then go down, then up again.

Neutral Newbie

Why the hell do people categorize manual cars and "real man" together? Only egoistic and insecure males need to use a manual car to feel like a man.

Just drive what suits your style best. NERDS.

↡ Advertisement