Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)

Achtung

14 hours ago, Koreancarsg said:

Brought external type TPMS @ $38.

Pumped 235kpa show 33psi(227kpa) on display.

For this price with this accuracy is consider acceptable i guess.

China brand and made in china.

Hope it can last over 1 year happy liao 🤭

20200103_164800.jpg

I thought this requires calibration of the pressure?

I bought a similar one for around $24.

The little sticky pad does not stick to any plastic surface on my dashboard at all.

I don't like loose items on my dashboard for safety reason so I have not installed it yet.

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, awhtc said:

I thought this requires calibration of the pressure?

I bought a similar one for around $24.

The little sticky pad does not stick to any plastic surface on my dashboard at all.

I don't like loose items on my dashboard for safety reason so I have not installed it yet.

The small sticky pad provided i use it for covering the sliver button, to avoid reflection on windscreen.

Use rubber mat instead to secure on dashboard, so far ok even during turning or u turn movement.

Twincharged
5 minutes ago, Koreancarsg said:

The small sticky pad provided i use it for covering the sliver button, to avoid reflection on windscreen.

Use rubber mat instead to secure on dashboard, so far ok even during turning or u turn movement.

Is yours plugged in? It needs a daily dose of sunlight to stay on. I have sheltered park both at work and home. Thus having it wireless doesn’t work for me. 
in the end, I bought a cig lighter version. As I didn’t like it on my dash and with the wires. Actually all that is needEd is for it to alarm that you have a flat. Or maybe just a quick glance every 2-3 days to make sure you don’t need top top up the air. 

1 hour ago, Axela525 said:

79508088_10221112954511872_5984281369214

Iam using Xiaomi version....got app and it's very bright, under sun still visible!

Looks good. Internal or external sensor? I'm looking for external sensor.

1 hour ago, Axela525 said:

79508088_10221112954511872_5984281369214

Iam using Xiaomi version....got app and it's very bright, under sun still visible!

How much is this? External sensors? Where to buy? 

On 1/5/2020 at 9:38 PM, Dark said:

Looks good. Internal or external sensor? I'm looking for external sensor.

External.....don't like internal....

On 1/5/2020 at 9:46 PM, Daniu82 said:

How much is this? External sensors? Where to buy? 

Lazada many...bought it at pre launch price of $45.....not bad! External

Edited by Axela525

55 minutes ago, Axela525 said:

External.....don't like internal....

Can share with me the model or the link where you bought it from? Thanks! 

On 1/9/2020 at 10:36 PM, Daniu82 said:

Can share with me the model or the link where you bought it from? Thanks! 

https://www.lazada.sg/products/xiaomi-70mai-tpms-tire-pressure-monitor-tpms-solar-power-usb-android-usb-tmps-70-mai-car-sensors-system-alarm-i529362424-s1487808410.html?spm=a2o42.searchlist.list.3.60c0650abguaxN&search=1

Chat with them see issit external before buying...

I am using an external TPMS display now.  The pros are very bright and large displays with pressure and temperature information just right in front of you.  The con is it draws battery power quite fast.  If it does not get full sunlight for the whole day for 3-4 days, I have to recharge it manually using USB cable from my laptop.

The pressure in the tires really follows gas laws as higher temperature can push up the tire pressure by 0.1 bar for an approximately 10 degC rise.  The temperature display also shows that the engine area can really heat up a lot if the engine idles for more than 30 min.  So it is not a good idea to keep engine running while the car is stationary for more than 10 min.  Even a hard braking can raise the tire temperature by 1-2 degC easily.

On 1/14/2020 at 1:05 PM, Axela525 said:

They told me it’s internal. Looking for external TPMS. Any recommendations here? 

23 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

They told me it’s internal. Looking for external TPMS. Any recommendations here? 

Just go to Lazada and type TPMS in the search box. whole long list there. Price range $20+ onwards. Personally I prefer those  cigarette lighter socket type with battery monitor.

Edited by Sx4falcon

22 hours ago, Jolie said:

Could you tell me how you can get the external one? Thanks in advance

http://steelmate.com.sg/index.php/tpms/

Just sharing. I got the TP72 and its running okie after 3yrs. Fuss free. U just plug into the cigarette lighter and replace the tyre caps with the TPMS caps.

Probably the only drawback is if the cigarette lighter port is in the compartment at armrest there, then gotto open up to see. Lol.

• Praise 2

53 minutes ago, Ka_kia said:

http://steelmate.com.sg/index.php/tpms/

Just sharing. I got the TP72 and its running okie after 3yrs. Fuss free. U just plug into the cigarette lighter and replace the tyre caps with the TPMS caps.

Probably the only drawback is if the cigarette lighter port is in the compartment at armrest there, then gotto open up to see. Lol.

i'm using TP70 which is similar. also for 3years and it was a used set. have not change the batteries yet. reliable and simple. saved me 2 times.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1