Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)

Achtung

13 hours ago, Axela525 said:

image.png.91bc8d731476683a787def9038f762d9.pngXia

Xiaomi can adjust the brightness to max...daytime can see well, the rest brightness sucks!

thought this is those $20 plus tpms, i've a similiar one previously. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

I posted a TPMS question in my JC whatsapp chatgroup to ask for opinions as I was thinking of buying one from  Lazada/Shopee to install.  And I did finally installed an external one at ~$25.

My friends didn't "install", it was already there in their vehicles and they seldom need to check.

I am glad my ex-classmates are doing better than me.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Haha! 1

15 hours ago, Discoburg said:

How is your previous similar TPMS then? Any review?

I've used 4 sets since my previous car, total about 3 years. all works the same, sensor will spoil after some time depending on luck. If u want longer lasting maybe go buy a branded one with warranty. If not any of it will do. 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Albeniz said:

I posted a TPMS question in my JC whatsapp chatgroup to ask for opinions as I was thinking of buying one from  Lazada/Shopee to install.  And I did finally installed an external one at ~$25.

My friends didn't "install", it was already there in their vehicles and they seldom need to check.

I am glad my ex-classmates are doing better than me.

What brand?

8 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Only have internal sensors now

AliExpress have many bro. 

Or use the method mentioned by bro inlinesix.

Edited by Fcw75

4 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

AliExpress have many bro. 

Or use the method mentioned by bro inlinesix.

I searched in Aliexpress for Steelmate TPMS and the results is all other brands of TPMS except Steelmate.

What method is inlinesix using?

1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

I searched in Aliexpress for Steelmate TPMS and the results is all other brands of TPMS except Steelmate.

What method is inlinesix using?

You still liked his post leh.

On 11/13/2020 at 10:33 PM,  Discoburg said: 

Couldn't seem to buy in Taobao.

Use this "汽车胎压监测器 铁将军" to search

11 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

You still liked his post leh.

On 11/13/2020 at 10:33 PM,  Discoburg said: 

Couldn't seem to buy in Taobao.

Use this "汽车胎压监测器 铁将军" to search

Ah! I dunno what those Chinese words mean so I forgot all about it. 

• Haha! 1

54 minutes ago, Axela525 said:

Good...no regret...no psi...all bar...not use to it...

You’ll get the hang of it after a while. Actually it doesn’t really matter. Cause ultimately you are looking at the lower threshold. Making sure the tire is not flat or when it is time to fill up. 
Used to be anal about it not having all the same pressure. But heck care now. Just change the battery for one sensor of my almost 5year old steelmate external tpms. 

• Praise 2

On 11/17/2020 at 10:19 PM, Kopites said:

Hello...I just gotten my tpms today.

How to install?😄

1)  replace the current cap with the sensor? Not too tight as mentioned here. It will auto play on the receiver? What suppose to be the correct reading.

I can do away with the nut right? 

2) do each sensor (4 of them) come with individual battery? How about the receiver does it come with any battery or solely depend on solar or usb?

20201117_193844.jpg

I have been using it for one week plus and overall satisfy with it. Charged it up once first time with usb. Battery level is still going strong as of now. I slotted it into the driver door side pocket 

When ride is on the move  tyre guage will shift upward by 1 or 2 index. 

Apparently the Tyre guage itself would also auto shut off the screen after non movement for certain hours. The screen blank out and would only beep light up when someone get into the seat.

7 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I have been using it for one week plus and overall satisfy with it. Charged it up once first time with usb. Battery level is still going strong as of now. I slotted it into the driver door side pocket 

When ride is on the move  tyre guage will shift upward by 1 or 2 index. 

Apparently the Tyre guage itself would also auto shut off the screen after non movement for certain hours. The screen blank out and would only beep light up when someone get into the seat.

What brand & model are you using?

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

You’ll get the hang of it after a while. Actually it doesn’t really matter. Cause ultimately you are looking at the lower threshold. Making sure the tire is not flat or when it is time to fill up. 
Used to be anal about it not having all the same pressure. But heck care now. Just change the battery for one sensor of my almost 5year old steelmate external tpms. 

U saw ‘Lo’ on the display?

↡ Advertisement