Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)

Achtung

10 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

U saw ‘Lo’ on the display?

Saw “- - “. Then went to check the tire and pressed the sidewall and compared with the rest. Didn’t feel like low pressure. So change the battery and voila, all back to normal. 
if low pressure, the unit will scream and beep incessantly. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Kopites said:

I have been using it for one week plus and overall satisfy with it. Charged it up once first time with usb. Battery level is still going strong as of now. I slotted it into the driver door side pocket 

When ride is on the move  tyre guage will shift upward by 1 or 2 index. 

Apparently the Tyre guage itself would also auto shut off the screen after non movement for certain hours. The screen blank out and would only beep light up when someone get into the seat.

Normal for pressures to rise by 2-3 psi especially on hot day and if you use lots of brake. The fronts will usually heat up faster and higher due to heat from braking. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Saw “- - “. Then went to check the tire and pressed the sidewall and compared with the rest. Didn’t feel like low pressure. So change the battery and voila, all back to normal. 
if low pressure, the unit will scream and beep incessantly. 

I see, the manual said Lo will be displayed if battery is low. Funny...

Learnt something new today. I also using steelmate, almost 3 years and battery never changed before.

• Praise 2

35 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Normal for pressures to rise by 2-3 psi especially on hot day and if you use lots of brake. The fronts will usually heat up faster and higher due to heat from braking. 

On really hot, my front tyre pressure rise by 4psi.

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

More on highway for my case. 

12 hours ago, Discoburg said:

What brand & model are you using?

I did posted the pictures few post back. Don't know the brand but got it for 34 or 35 dollars few week ago. 3 months warranty.  Don't know the brand name.

So far so good 

https://m.qoo10.sg/item/FAST-SHIPPING-SG-TPMS-TIRE-PRESSURE-MONITORING-SYSTEM-SOLAR-POWER-WIRELESS-CAR/639988314

Apparently they increased the price. 

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

I see, the manual said Lo will be displayed if battery is low. Funny...

Learnt something new today. I also using steelmate, almost 3 years and battery never changed before.

mine is the cigarette lighter plug in type. TP70. super old model. 

19 hours ago, Kopites said:

I have been using it for one week plus and overall satisfy with it. Charged it up once first time with usb. Battery level is still going strong as of now. I slotted it into the driver door side pocket 

When ride is on the move  tyre guage will shift upward by 1 or 2 index. 

Apparently the Tyre guage itself would also auto shut off the screen after non movement for certain hours. The screen blank out and would only beep light up when someone get into the seat.

It's almost the same for all TPMS, at least so far for my 3 sets which I've used. 

7 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

mine is the cigarette lighter plug in type. TP70. super old model. 

Mine is the cigarette lighter plug too.

2 hours ago, Dafansu said:

It's almost the same for all TPMS, at least so far for my 3 sets which I've used. 

At this kind of price definitely one of the most useful after market gadget for our ride.  

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

At this kind of price definitely one of the most useful after market gadget for our ride.  

ya last time not that common, now everyone is buying 🤣

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Dafansu said:

ya last time not that common, now everyone is buying 🤣

Mainly due to nowadays car don't come with spare tyre. 

21 hours ago, Kopites said:

I did posted the pictures few post back. Don't know the brand but got it for 34 or 35 dollars few week ago. 3 months warranty.  Don't know the brand name.

So far so good 

https://m.qoo10.sg/item/FAST-SHIPPING-SG-TPMS-TIRE-PRESSURE-MONITORING-SYSTEM-SOLAR-POWER-WIRELESS-CAR/639988314

Apparently they increased the price. 

There should be a few OEMs in China supplying the market because most of the budget ones ~$20-$40 look and work the same.  $20+ from Shopee should be good enough.  

I have two sets, one of them has a sensor that started to leak due to poor seal despite being only 6 months old.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

That's why buying online is better. Look at the price in this attached file. 

Screenshot_20201124-081753_Chrome.jpg

Wow! Resemblance my set at 30 plus.

• Haha! 2

44 minutes ago, awhtc said:

There should be a few OEMs in China supplying the market because most of the budget ones ~$20-$40 look and work the same.  $20+ from Shopee should be good enough.  

I have two sets, one of them has a sensor that started to leak due to poor seal despite being only 6 months old.

Mine come with 3 months standard warranty.

Pay a bit more there is an option to extent for further 3 months. Literally saying mine set should be able to last 6 months at least. 😄