Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)

Achtung

Anyone using Steelmate TP-77 with external sensors? How is it?

I used to use it, does the job and quite accurate. Only annoying part is when refilling the air have to unlock the locking nut hence i change to internal.

If ur considering and dun mind used I can make u a good offer on my old set which I put in storaged

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Anyone using Steelmate TP-77 with external sensors? How is it?

I used it before too, has been pretty accurate, but it became too tight on one wheel, so had trouble trying to remove it to pump air. So key is not to overtighten the sensor and the locking ring behind it. 

• Praise 1

I used it before too, has been pretty accurate, but it became too tight on one wheel, so had trouble trying to remove it to pump air. So key is not to overtighten the sensor and the locking ring behind it.

The locking nut behind is for anti theft. If you don't lock hard then the nut is unnecessary.
  • Praise 1

I used to use it, does the job and quite accurate. Only annoying part is when refilling the air have to unlock the locking nut hence i change to internal.

If ur considering and dun mind used I can make u a good offer on my old set which I put in storaged

Thanks bro, I am quite a fussy person so better not. Got any misunderstanding then not nice.

But if one of the sensor get stolen by A-hole, then have to buy a whole set right? 

Edited by Fcw75

Thanks bro, I am quite a fussy person so better not. Got any misunderstanding then not nice.

But if one of the sensor get stolen by A-hole, then have to buy a whole set right? 

I removed the locking nuts becoz they are annoying when I need to top up the air pressure.

Stealing one, or even a set of four, is pretty useless unless the thief also steal the display, isn't it?  So why worry over it?

Yup, must change all four.  I know becoz one of them went dead after slightly over a years and the seller refused to sell me just one sensor.

I'm using internal ones now and happy that they don't spoil the look of my rims, and best of all, protected from the elements and hence should last longer

Edited by Bluemint
  • Praise 1

For my previous and current ride, I bought and use TPMS with internal sensors.

Pros:

Better accuracy as compare to External sensors.

Looks nicer without the big looking black tyre caps (External Sensors)

Cons:

When doing tyre rotation, Driver need to be mindful which readings are front or rear as most TPMS do not allow reset the Front & Back readings

Above is my personal opinions.  [:)]

• Praise 2

Why the need to rotate tyres ? Bcuz it's recommended ? What's it supposed to do ?

When I was driving my van, I change tyres in 2s, not 4s. It's either front or back. I never rotate them.

They always wear out evenly.

The only time they wear unevenly is when the front toe is out of spec.

Keep the front alignment correct and there's no uneven wear, and no need for tyre rotation.

IMHO,  those that park at higher level of MSCP will likely have uneven wear. 

I am using the TPMS with internal type sensor.

No need to worry loss / theft / troublesome in securing and releasing of nut.

If you regularly do tire rotation, balancing and alignment, then its quite convenient to switch the sensors around.

Seems abit troublesome to be honest,

Got the big soap bar receiver and still use handphone for display (which might already be used for waze etc)

Would opt for something with a small display.

Small plug in display? What would you recommend then? Most of the systems I've seen in the market uses phone apps now.

Turbocharged

Small plug in display? What would you recommend then? Most of the systems I've seen in the market uses phone apps now.

I’m using the steelmate tpms tp77, display is plugged into the cig lighter.

Taobao has Philips TPMS. The display is charged via solar power.

Neutral Newbie

pardon me for asking, external sensors refer to those cap TPMS?

are they accurate?

thinking of investing a set since every few months, i will travel far.

a good indicator to know my tires are ok.

The externals sensor work accurate as internal sensor, what different is external sensor battery can not last long as the internal sensor but the battery can not replaced. 

vehiclegpstracker.net

↡ Advertisement