Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)

Achtung

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, I'm looking to install internal sensor TPMS. Any recommended installation workshops? Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

I am using the TPMS with internal type sensor.

No need to worry loss / theft / troublesome in securing and releasing of nut.

If you regularly do tire rotation, balancing and alignment, then its quite convenient to switch the sensors around.

Does that mean for tire rotation the display will know the sensors have swapped and auto reset the positions? Which model u using? Thanks

(edited)

Hi all, I'm looking to install internal sensor TPMS. Any recommended installation workshops? Thanks!

Any tyre shop can do it, as long as you don't need to hard wire the power supply but tap it from your cigarette lighter point.  

I do not know how much they charge if that's your next question, coz I'm a regular at my tyre shop and Frankie only charges me a token sum for balancing. 

Bare in mind they need to reach inside the wheel to attach the sensor and nipple.  It's not exactly a fast job.  Like I mentioned, you'll probably need to re-balance the wheels too.  While you're at it, get them to pump Nitrogen, the benefits of which you can google for.  Ironically, with Nitrogen I find little need to have TPMS since my tyres deflate very little with it compare to oxygen.  I only need to top-up 1-2psi once every 6-8 month.  

Edited by Bluemint

Does that mean for tire rotation the display will know the sensors have swapped and auto reset the positions? Which model u using? Thanks

All the TPMS I used before let me easily re-assign sensor location on its display.   The tough part is making sure you know where the old wheel is now at!  Please die die bring a chalk to mark them.

• Praise 1

Any tyre shop can do it, as long as you don't need to hard wire the power supply but tap it from your cigarette lighter point.  

I do not know how much they charge if that's your next question, coz I'm a regular at my tyre shop and Frankie only charges me a token sum for balancing. 

Bare in mind they need to reach inside the wheel to attach the sensor and nipple.  It's not exactly a fast job.  Like I mentioned, you'll probably need to re-balance the wheels too.  While you're at it, get them to pump Nitrogen, the benefits of which you can google for.  Ironically, with Nitrogen I find little need to have TPMS since my tyres deflate very little with it compare to oxygen.  I only need to top-up 1-2psi once every 6-8 month.  

don't mind me but either nitrogen or air is used to pump the tyres.  

Neutral Newbie

Orange. H Tyres.

• Praise 1

I am using Orange TPMS P429.

It is an internal type tpms and is capable of re-orientating the wheel position info after the wheels on my car is rotated.

This means after wheels rotation, it will re-orientate the wheel position (front/rear, left/right) shown on the screen after a few km travelled.

I have verified this from doing actual rotation twice.

Been using it about 8 months, so far so good.

Cons is that the main unit is quite big, almost a handphone size.

Got it from Leong Seng cos I changed tyre there. I think it was around $250 or less.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Can consider Steelmate TPMS. Currently we have discount for external TPMS. You can DIY yourself. It's less than $100 to get one during this GSS.

If you are looking for internal sensor, we also have other model and currently you can installation it at selected Stamford tyres outlet for $50 only.

https://www.zmc.com.sg/collections/great-singapore-sales-2018/products/steelmate-tire-pressure-monitoring-system-with-red-rim-cig-plug-4-external-sensor-t016-black

sorry i have not bee logging in for a while.

hope you got your answer.

I have not rotate my tyre so yet to know. paiseh paiseh,

Supercharged

any new recommendations for TPMS? particularly those "inside" type to prevent theft.. I'm looking for those wireless solar type preferably.. as small as possible to chuck it some where on my dash.