Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)

Achtung

1 minute ago, Discoburg said:

Read that the Steelmate brand for TPMS is good.

Yes. I have 3 sets of steelmate cig lighter plug in. One is a used set and it has been easily at least 4 years and I have not yet changed the batteries in the sensor. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I'm into my 2nd sets of TPMS within the last 1 year due to air leaking from 1 of the tires. Similar to my previous set, the air leaked was gradual. Last Saturday, I just top that tire to 30 PSI and the car was not moved on Sunday. The PSI dropped to 15 on the Monday morning. No nail was found and I even replaced the valve. The tire and valve are completely ruled out coz the 2nd set was used on my previous ride and I carried over to my new ride couples of weeks ago.

I read this thread and someone rang the bell about over tightened the sensor and might lead to air leakage. Anyway, the 2 sets cost about $20+.

Any recommendation for better ones? I saw the Xiaomi brand but it is shipping from overseas, any local seller? 

28 minutes ago, Dreamer_toons said:

I'm into my 2nd sets of TPMS within the last 1 year due to air leaking from 1 of the tires. Similar to my previous set, the air leaked was gradual. Last Saturday, I just top that tire to 30 PSI and the car was not moved on Sunday. The PSI dropped to 15 on the Monday morning. No nail was found and I even replaced the valve. The tire and valve are completely ruled out coz the 2nd set was used on my previous ride and I carried over to my new ride couples of weeks ago.

I read this thread and someone rang the bell about over tightened the sensor and might lead to air leakage. Anyway, the 2 sets cost about $20+.

Any recommendation for better ones? I saw the Xiaomi brand but it is shipping from overseas, any local seller? 

xiaomi shops in malls got sell also

It works the same just that maybe quality better and may last longer, but then all this may depends on luck also. I'm happy with my $20 plus one, just change anytime if faulty. $20plus one got more variety, eg windscreen mount etc. 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Dreamer_toons said:

Thanks. 

Anyone using this Xiaomi TPMS? Any difference from the $20++ ones? 

Only added Bluetooth connection to phone apps. All the rest are sama sama. Even looks the same! 

33 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

It works the same just that maybe quality better and may last longer, but then all this may depends on luck also. I'm happy with my $20 plus one, just change anytime if faulty. $20plus one got more variety, eg windscreen mount etc. 

The good thing about Steelmate is that sensor can be replaced.

29 minutes ago, Dreamer_toons said:

Just saw that the Xiaomi ones is internal sensor. 

They have both versions. Should be buying an external sensor set this week.

Just now, Discoburg said:

They have both versions. Should be buying an external sensor set this week.

I saw the Xiaomi featuring on Lazada and Shopee having the internal sensor. 

Can share where you see the internal sensor ones? 

in case if you are intending to use the external TPMS,

at the wheel cap, do take note of the little O ring.

once damaged or misplaced, the leaking/reading will be inaccurate and very disturbing. 

• Praise 1

39 minutes ago, Dreamer_toons said:

I saw the Xiaomi featuring on Lazada and Shopee having the internal sensor. 

Can share where you see the internal sensor ones? 

Carousell

6 hours ago, Kurty said:

in case if you are intending to use the external TPMS,

at the wheel cap, do take note of the little O ring.

once damaged or misplaced, the leaking/reading will be inaccurate and very disturbing. 

u mean on the TPMS cap itself? not all will have the O ring. 

14 hours ago, Dafansu said:

u mean on the TPMS cap itself? not all will have the O ring. 

Can advise which models (other than internal sensors) do not have the O rings? 

The O rings are damaged due to over tightening in both sets in my case. 

I had over tightened for my 1st set leading to air leaks. I thought it was malfunctioning and checked back with the seller. Then I learnt the O ring was damaged due to over tightening. Purchased the 2nd set and this time round, I was very mindful while screwing in the caps after top up. Last week, air starts to leak from 1 of the tires again. This 2nd set is only about 3 months old. So looking for replacement now. 

↡ Advertisement