Jump to content
(21-24 Jan) Win up to $27,000 Discount at Volkswagen & ŠKODA Showroom! Read more... ×
Achtung

Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)

Recommended Posts

Turbocharged
54 minutes ago, Axela525 said:

Good...no regret...no psi...all bar...not use to it...

You’ll get the hang of it after a while. Actually it doesn’t really matter. Cause ultimately you are looking at the lower threshold. Making sure the tire is not flat or when it is time to fill up. 
Used to be anal about it not having all the same pressure. But heck care now. Just change the battery for one sensor of my almost 5year old steelmate external tpms. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
58 minutes ago, Axela525 said:

Good...no regret...no psi...all bar...not use to it...

Tomorrow will go buy a set.

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
On 11/17/2020 at 10:19 PM, Kopites said:

Hello...I just gotten my tpms today.

How to install?😄

1)  replace the current cap with the sensor? Not too tight as mentioned here. It will auto play on the receiver? What suppose to be the correct reading.

I can do away with the nut right? 

2) do each sensor (4 of them) come with individual battery? How about the receiver does it come with any battery or solely depend on solar or usb?

20201117_193844.jpg

I have been using it for one week plus and overall satisfy with it. Charged it up once first time with usb. Battery level is still going strong as of now. I slotted it into the driver door side pocket 

When ride is on the move  tyre guage will shift upward by 1 or 2 index. 

Apparently the Tyre guage itself would also auto shut off the screen after non movement for certain hours. The screen blank out and would only beep light up when someone get into the seat.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
7 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I have been using it for one week plus and overall satisfy with it. Charged it up once first time with usb. Battery level is still going strong as of now. I slotted it into the driver door side pocket 

When ride is on the move  tyre guage will shift upward by 1 or 2 index. 

Apparently the Tyre guage itself would also auto shut off the screen after non movement for certain hours. The screen blank out and would only beep light up when someone get into the seat.

 

 

What brand & model are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

You’ll get the hang of it after a while. Actually it doesn’t really matter. Cause ultimately you are looking at the lower threshold. Making sure the tire is not flat or when it is time to fill up. 
Used to be anal about it not having all the same pressure. But heck care now. Just change the battery for one sensor of my almost 5year old steelmate external tpms. 

U saw ‘Lo’ on the display?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
10 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

U saw ‘Lo’ on the display?

Saw “- - “. Then went to check the tire and pressed the sidewall and compared with the rest. Didn’t feel like low pressure. So change the battery and voila, all back to normal. 
if low pressure, the unit will scream and beep incessantly. 

  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged (edited)
10 hours ago, Kopites said:

I have been using it for one week plus and overall satisfy with it. Charged it up once first time with usb. Battery level is still going strong as of now. I slotted it into the driver door side pocket 

When ride is on the move  tyre guage will shift upward by 1 or 2 index. 

Apparently the Tyre guage itself would also auto shut off the screen after non movement for certain hours. The screen blank out and would only beep light up when someone get into the seat.

 

 

Normal for pressures to rise by 2-3 psi especially on hot day and if you use lots of brake. The fronts will usually heat up faster and higher due to heat from braking. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersonic
6 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Saw “- - “. Then went to check the tire and pressed the sidewall and compared with the rest. Didn’t feel like low pressure. So change the battery and voila, all back to normal. 
if low pressure, the unit will scream and beep incessantly. 

I see, the manual said Lo will be displayed if battery is low. Funny...

Learnt something new today. I also using steelmate, almost 3 years and battery never changed before.

 

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
35 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Normal for pressures to rise by 2-3 psi especially on hot day and if you use lots of brake. The fronts will usually heat up faster and higher due to heat from braking. 

On really hot, my front tyre pressure rise by 4psi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Normal for pressures to rise by 2-3 psi especially on hot day and if you use lots of brake. The fronts will usually heat up faster and higher due to heat from braking. 

More on highway for my case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged (edited)
12 hours ago, Discoburg said:

What brand & model are you using?

I did posted the pictures few post back. Don't know the brand but got it for 34 or 35 dollars few week ago. 3 months warranty.  Don't know the brand name.

So far so good 

https://m.qoo10.sg/item/FAST-SHIPPING-SG-TPMS-TIRE-PRESSURE-MONITORING-SYSTEM-SOLAR-POWER-WIRELESS-CAR/639988314

Apparently they increased the price. 

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

I see, the manual said Lo will be displayed if battery is low. Funny...

Learnt something new today. I also using steelmate, almost 3 years and battery never changed before.

 

mine is the cigarette lighter plug in type. TP70. super old model. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged
19 hours ago, Kopites said:

I have been using it for one week plus and overall satisfy with it. Charged it up once first time with usb. Battery level is still going strong as of now. I slotted it into the driver door side pocket 

When ride is on the move  tyre guage will shift upward by 1 or 2 index. 

Apparently the Tyre guage itself would also auto shut off the screen after non movement for certain hours. The screen blank out and would only beep light up when someone get into the seat.

 

 

It's almost the same for all TPMS, at least so far for my 3 sets which I've used. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
7 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

mine is the cigarette lighter plug in type. TP70. super old model. 

Mine is the cigarette lighter plug too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
2 hours ago, Dafansu said:

It's almost the same for all TPMS, at least so far for my 3 sets which I've used. 

At this kind of price definitely one of the most useful after market gadget for our ride.  

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged
2 hours ago, Kopites said:

At this kind of price definitely one of the most useful after market gadget for our ride.  

ya last time not that common, now everyone is buying 🤣

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
3 hours ago, Dafansu said:

ya last time not that common, now everyone is buying 🤣

Mainly due to nowadays car don't come with spare tyre. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Kopites said:

I did posted the pictures few post back. Don't know the brand but got it for 34 or 35 dollars few week ago. 3 months warranty.  Don't know the brand name.

So far so good 

https://m.qoo10.sg/item/FAST-SHIPPING-SG-TPMS-TIRE-PRESSURE-MONITORING-SYSTEM-SOLAR-POWER-WIRELESS-CAR/639988314

Apparently they increased the price. 

There should be a few OEMs in China supplying the market because most of the budget ones ~$20-$40 look and work the same.  $20+ from Shopee should be good enough.  

I have two sets, one of them has a sensor that started to leak due to poor seal despite being only 6 months old.

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×