Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)

Achtung

3 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

he is driving a porky... already too porky and cannot add further weight! hahahhaha. joking la. he probably wants a clean dash. in this case, then he should get those ciggy lighter ones. which is what i'm using.

But agree that the standalone simple stuff is best. no need to care about BT connection or replacement cost should it break.

I stick my solar type at the top of the windscreen. Still achieve the "clean" dash!  Anytime just a glance I will know the tyre pressure/temp without having to touch anything, important when driving.

Often these interfaces can't work for one reason or another. Eg I can't get the car's Android Auto to recognise my phone, in the end, I just squeeze it near the cup holder and have AA auto turned on on the phone and use it as an additional screen. That works!

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

thanks, will try a connect-to-cig-lighter type eg. image.png.ee245a66de51bcf5df5d55ca4e4f1269.png

don't want receiver on dash/windscreen 😅

Edited by Eyke
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Eyke said:

thanks, will try a connect-to-cig-lighter type eg. image.png.ee245a66de51bcf5df5d55ca4e4f1269.png

don't want receiver on dash/windscreen 😅

I just dump receiver in the cubby hole behind gear level.

It is out of my sight, most of the time 

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Do you guys remove the sensors before head off to car wash at petrol kiosk? 

No.

I remove the sensors before head off to tyre shop

• Praise 2

16 hours ago, inlinesix said:

No.

I remove the sensors before head off to tyre shop

why remove sensor when head off to tyre shop? thought they will swap the thing for u

1 hour ago, Dafansu said:

why remove sensor when head off to tyre shop? thought they will swap the thing for u

Maybe to change tyre...might as well diy than risk being damage by poor handling...

38 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I don't want them to mess it up.

i usually leave it to them. they have installed more internal and external sensors than me. if they can also screw up such a simple task , then it is a shop that needs to be avoided.

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

No need double sided tape...just tuck it snugly into the gap like a wedge. 

IMG_20201210_122943.jpg

how come yours all kosong?😁

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

i usually leave it to them. they have installed more internal and external sensors than me. if they can also screw up such a simple task , then it is a shop that needs to be avoided.

Just did rotation at Kim Hoe, they change swap my external sensors for me also. Just a simple task as mentioned

• Praise 2

I jinx it when I talked about "totally flat"...my front right is now deflated. Suspect it is either I over tighten or under tighten the sensor to the valve 😢

Edited by mersaylee
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I jinx it when I talked about "totally flat"...my front right is now deflated. Suspect it is either I over tighten or under tighten the sensor to the valve 😢

Next time when replacing tyres just install an internal set at the same time. No over/under problems. 

Edited by Volvobrick
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2