Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)

Achtung

On 1/5/2021 at 8:14 AM, Discoburg said:

Time for a charge.

644C3F3E-EBE7-4BEF-B191-FCD058312169.jpeg

It looks like you are connecting your TPMS to a portable charger.  The dashboard can be very hot during the day and it could be dangerous for the battery.  Either you shift the portable battery to a cooler compartment or your hardwire to your car power supply.

1 minute ago, awhtc said:

It looks like you are connecting your TPMS to a portable charger.  The dashboard can be very hot during the day and it could be dangerous for the battery.  Either you shift the portable battery to a cooler compartment or your hardwire to your car power supply.

Yes I connected it to a power bank to charge. It’s placed on the car’s roof purely for photo taking purpose. 

Neutral Newbie

Try Fobo tire 2. I have been using it for a year. There is an app you can download to check the condition, really convenient!

Finally the TPMS purchase paid off today. Seeing pressure dropped after pumping in air yesterday, went to have it checked at the tyre shop. Really a screw punctured my tyre.

• Praise 6

On 6/11/2021 at 4:34 PM, Discoburg said:

Finally the TPMS purchase paid off today. Seeing pressure dropped after pumping in air yesterday, went to have it checked at the tyre shop. Really a screw punctured my tyre.

Literally got screwed.... 

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

May I ask the avg labour cost for tpms installation? Want to change it together with new tyre but in case the tyre shop charge a carrot price

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Nousername said:

May I ask the avg labour cost for tpms installation? Want to change it together with new tyre but in case the tyre shop charge a carrot price

My tyre shop always do it for free (internal sensors) when I change the tyres. Just buy the tpms from shopee etc. 

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
4 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

My tyre shop always do it for free (internal sensors) when I change the tyres. Just buy the tpms from shopee etc. 

Can intro which tyre shop u usually go to? 

• Praise 1

Bought these TPMS the valve screw in type and one day the screen went blank with no readings. 

The screw plug batt went dead? How long are they suppose to last? 6mths or 1yr??

So basically is to throw away if that happens and get another brand new set as its relatively cheap. 

17 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Bought these TPMS the valve screw in type and one day the screen went blank with no readings. 

The screw plug batt went dead? How long are they suppose to last? 6mths or 1yr??

So basically is to throw away if that happens and get another brand new set as its relatively cheap. 

LoL. What did you buy? Got at least a pic to show?

No display means battery flat. Charge the display unit? If the sensor batt is about to go flat usually there is a visual and sound warning. Usually run by a button battery. Easy to replace with the tool provided.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

LoL. What did you buy? Got at least a pic to show?

No display means battery flat. Charge the display unit? If the sensor batt is about to go flat usually there is a visual and sound warning. Usually run by a button battery. Easy to replace with the tool provided.

Display unit is all good and bright except no reading with  a - - - -  for all 4. And yes... It kept on pee pee pee then. 

The valve looks like a concealed unit. Shall get the small spanner equipped to see whether it could be opened. 

32 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Display unit is all good and bright except no reading with  a - - - -  for all 4. And yes... It kept on pee pee pee then. 

The valve looks like a concealed unit. Shall get the small spanner equipped to see whether it could be opened. 

Battery is 1632 size button. There should be some small tools that came with the set to swap out the batteries. I think you can buy the batts from daiso if not Japan home. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1