Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)

Achtung

anw , normal tyres dun really need tpms, cos no air u will notice, (most driver will notice)

Just to let you know, at a glance, my screw punctured tyre at 150kpa looks the same as the other which is 220kpa.

Edited by Kklee
↡ Advertisement

using a steelmate TPMS with external sensors. i realised that when i install the sensors, there is air leakage for about 0.5 - 1 seconds. is that normal?  

using a steelmate TPMS with external sensors. i realised that when i install the sensors, there is air leakage for about 0.5 - 1 seconds. is that normal?  

If you're saying the reading is dropping 0.5 (be it psi, mmHG, etc...) every 1 second and that you're TPMS is in good working order, of course it's not normal.

If you're saying the reading is dropping 0.5 (be it psi, mmHG, etc...) every 1 second and that you're TPMS is in good working order, of course it's not normal.

What I meant was that after inflating the tyres, some air will leak out for 0.5seconds only when fixing on the tyre sensors. Once installed no more leakage. This means that I need to over-inflate by a bit at the start so that it will be at my desired pressure after installing the sensor. Wondering this is normal.

What I meant was that after inflating the tyres, some air will leak out for 0.5seconds only when fixing on the tyre sensors. Once installed no more leakage. This means that I need to over-inflate by a bit at the start so that it will be at my desired pressure after installing the sensor. Wondering this is normal.

Normal la.. i installed the Singtech TPMS and to put in you need to screw in the sensor, and some air will leak a bit...

My tires are reading 33 psi as pumped, and when you start moving off, the tires will be cold and the pressure will vary +-2 psi.. until you drive for a while like 15-30 mins, then the normal pressure will be read... only if my tire pressure > +-2 psi n after driving for a while, then i will start to worry and look for leaks or punctures...

This is good investment and not too ex....

thanks for the info! cheers.

Normal la.. i installed the Singtech TPMS and to put in you need to screw in the sensor, and some air will leak a bit...

My tires are reading 33 psi as pumped, and when you start moving off, the tires will be cold and the pressure will vary +-2 psi.. until you drive for a while like 15-30 mins, then the normal pressure will be read... only if my tire pressure > +-2 psi n after driving for a while, then i will start to worry and look for leaks or punctures...

This is good investment and not too ex....

Each TPMS sensor has a unique ID which they communicate with the "master".

They are planted internally or externally in each tyre to read pressure.

It can't smell whether it is oxygen or nitrogen or whatever gas. It can only read pressure.

In that case, it will be pointless for people to steal it?

Possible for them to can re-program the ID?

• Praise 2

(edited)

Dear seniors, anyone using Singtech or Steelmate DIY tpms and did not install the locknuts. I'm considering one of these 2 products. Does it compromise the reading or wear and tear? Can install the boot without the locknut right?

Reason I asking is that it would really be troublesome if u need to pump air at the petrol station and the need of using the small wrench removing the lock nuts.

Cheers.

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Dear seniors, anyone using Singtech or Steelmate DIY tpms and did not install the locknuts. I'm considering one of these 2 products. Does it compromise the reading or wear and tear? Can install the boot without the locknut right?

Reason I asking is that it would really be troublesome if u need to pump air at the petrol station and the need of using the small wrench removing the lock nuts.

Cheers.

There's no need to remove the nuts entirely. Once you have loosen it continue to turn the nut clockwise(CCW is lock) to go to the bottom of the screw thread so that it doesn't obstruct the pump nozzle. After you are done just turn it ccw to get it back up and lock with the sensor.

You do not have to fill your tires ever so frequently if you have your own air pump. The trick is to pump up when in the morning whereby your tire is cool. If you have to drive to the kiosk your tire will warm up and so will the tire pressure. By the next morning you will find that your tire pressure has dropped below your desired pressure when it cools in the morning.

If you do as I mentioned you only have to pump once every 4-5 weeks or more depending on the weather. It drops very little like 0.1 bar. It's normal to see the tire pressure goes up as you drive becoz the tire and air get heated up. By the next morning you will see that the pressure cools and goes back to what you had started.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 4

(edited)

There's no need to remove the nuts entirely. Once you have loosen it continue to turn the nut clockwise(CCW is lock) to go to the bottom of the screw thread so that it doesn't obstruct the pump nozzle. After you are done just turn it ccw to get it back up and lock with the sensor.

You do not have to fill your tires ever so frequently if you have your own air pump. The trick is to pump up when in the morning whereby your tire is cool. If you have to drive to the kiosk your tire will warm up and so will the tire pressure. By the next morning you will find that your tire pressure has dropped below your desired pressure when it cools in the morning.

If you do as I mentioned you only have to pump once every 4-5 weeks or more depending on the weather. It drops very little like 0.1 bar. It's normal to see the tire pressure goes up as you drive becoz the tire and air get heated up. By the next morning you will see that the pressure cools and goes back to what you had started.

Thanks bro. By looking at the installation processes, I know how it locks. Just thinking if it is possible of not even putting in the nut. It is the trouble of the need to use the wrench if u need to unlock and remove the sensor for pumping. Aside that there is a risk of ppl stealing the sensors. 

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 1

Thanks bro. By looking at the installation processes, I know how it locks. Just thinking if it is possible of not even putting in the nut. It is the trouble of the need to use the wrench if u need to unlock and remove the sensor for pumping. Aside that there is a risk of ppl stealing the sensors. 

Hi,

Actually I had been using without the lock nut for a long time. It is much more convenient. So far ok.

• Praise 2

Hi,

Actually I had been using without the lock nut for a long time. It is much more convenient. So far ok.

Thanks bro.