Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)

Achtung

Steelmate for me, so far no problem whether I refill air pressure and can monitor from inside, it is on solar and internal sensors, any issue I go to my installer for rectification

↡ Advertisement

On 11/12/2020 at 9:01 PM, Volvobrick said:

Most are quite the same, it's a matter of design preference. Anyway I bought this a few months ago for its compact size and solar powered. Pretty accurate. I paid a few dollars more for internal sensors. Today just experienced a sudden drop in one wheel and went to pump immediately. 

Screenshot_20201112_205833.thumb.jpg.b36f6267e24b0a395d50205fb0208d31.jpg

these internal ones will have to time it with change of tyres or tyre rotations?

22 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

these internal ones will have to time it with change of tyres or tyre rotations?

Yes. Replace with brand new set when you replace tyres.

If not then maybe $10-20 per tyre to install. I think the internal one lasts about 2-4 years.

22 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Yes. Replace with brand new set when you replace tyres.

If not then maybe $10-20 per tyre to install. I think the internal one lasts about 2-4 years.

When battery runs out for the sensors, i suppose we can just purchase the batteries to let the tyre shop replace? 

3 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

When battery runs out for the sensors, i suppose we can just purchase the batteries to let the tyre shop replace? 

Just buy a new set of sensors/receivers. Most internal sensor batteries are not replaceable. Unless you specially look for replaceable type. 

21 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Just buy a new set of sensors/receivers. Most internal sensor batteries are not replaceable. Unless you specially look for replaceable type. 

Ok then, will order the steelmate (they have the latest model that can be attached to the windscreen) from Taobao...keep finger cross that I don't need to replace my tyres in the next month or so :D

My AD went cheapo on my car specs...only got the flat tyre monitor (using differential rotational speed sensing) for my car.  It works...warned me of a flat before it became totally flat while driving but I wish for a much earlier warning than that.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

maybe you prefer this IU? 😁

F550D08A-A914-46F7-9514-8EF05A932939.png

for a small car like mine...that is a safety hazard. Big Blind spot.

Can I use that as an excuse if I knock into some cyclist coming from my right side riding across my A-pillar and the humongous IU? :D

• Haha! 2

43 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Found the 2nd perfect spot..... Damn the IU... :D20220903_084634-picsay.thumb.jpg.3b52c2bef845f7076c6447293ff50f9a.jpg

I prefer mounting TPMS on windscreen. Save the space, anyway won't be looking at it that often. 

20201009_171118.jpg

• Praise 3

6 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

I prefer mounting TPMS on windscreen. Save the space, anyway won't be looking at it that often. 

20201009_171118.jpg

For your application I think windscreen mounting makes sense, especially when you already have a shade that blocks out the view from the top section anyway.

For mine, mounting at the top of the driver side windscreen is taking up my visual field out of the car whereas at the location on the dash, it does not protrude above the bonnet top from my driver position. :D

5 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

For your application I think windscreen mounting makes sense, especially when you already have a shade that blocks out the view from the top section anyway.

For mine, mounting at the top of the driver side windscreen is taking up my visual field out of the car whereas at the location on the dash, it does not protrude above the bonnet top from my driver position. :D

Just chuck it in the door pocket and look at it once in a while...i chuck mine until donno where it is in the car liao...😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Just now, mersaylee said:

Just chuck it in the door pocket and look at it once in a while...i chuck mine until donno where it is in the car liao...😅

how long yours last between charges?

I am still thinking if  I want to get a microUSB cable to run from the center console USB slot to the location :D

11 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

how long yours last between charges?

I am still thinking if  I want to get a microUSB cable to run from the center console USB slot to the location :D

I cheapo...bought the solar powered...sensors still need battery though 😂

@mersaylee 

1 minute ago, mersaylee said:

I cheapo...bought the solar powered...sensors still need battery though 😂

Mine also solar powered, just that day time hours my workplace carpark is underground...so don't think it will charge up adequately...so I have to standby remove from the dash and charge it everytime it runs out of juice or i run a micro-usb to the dash and forget about charging it totally.

2 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

@mersaylee 

Mine also solar powered, just that day time hours my workplace carpark is underground...so don't think it will charge up adequately...so I have to standby remove from the dash and charge it everytime it runs out of juice or i run a micro-usb to the dash and forget about charging it totally.

One outdoor parking can hold the charge for at least a few weeks...i don't turn it on all the time though...only during cold start up to check...

↡ Advertisement