Did anyone encounter this kind of runtime error

Sdf5725

Dear all bro/sis,

Yesterday, i encountered a serious problem on my internet explorer. It happened when i went to particular website. it states as:

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I know it is due to some funny problem in my Windows XP professional OS. But i just can seems to be able to solve it. Anyone encountered this before?? Thanks in advance.

post-23553-1256779845_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

What version of internet explorer is this?

Did u install any MS updates?

Are you the only one having this problem (company computer?)?

What were the websites that you went prior to this error?

Did these websites asked you to install some programs (cab files?)?

i have tis error before... tried reinstalling internet explorer before and even downgrade to IE6... doesnt work...

reinstall Visual C++ runtime also didnt work...

i switch to Firefox at the end of the day...

i tried using others browser before but same problem.

this problem is when i am trying to go to ppstream to watch video.

it can be just due to some IE program error... just restart ur computer or upgrade to the latest version of IE. it should handle the problem. worst case, just switch to firefox... [idea]

i can only use IE in this case. restart few time liao. today still the same. [bounce1]

i tried using others browser before but same problem.

this problem is when i am trying to go to ppstream to watch video.

Then fault is probably your ppstream plugin, have you tried to refresh the installation of ppstream?

Which version are you on?? Have you tried to upgrade or downgrade for test??

my pc is 2G RAM, so the memory should be sufficient.

So far there is nothing done in my PC for the past few days. I never upgrade/ reinstall/ uninstall anything from my PC and this problem just happen from out of no where since yesterday. I understand for some programs, this issue is happened when something wrong with their newly installed download manager. But my PC is working so far and i did not do anything for it. Of course, from my previous experience, on and off, windows will have funny funny issue. Some may be able to solve by disable certain services, some may be solved by deleting some ini or dat. But for this one, i really have no idea.

Neutral Newbie

my pc is 2G RAM, so the memory should be sufficient.

So far there is nothing done in my PC for the past few days. I never upgrade/ reinstall/ uninstall anything from my PC and this problem just happen from out of no where since yesterday. I understand for some programs, this issue is happened when something wrong with their newly installed download manager. But my PC is working so far and i did not do anything for it. Of course, from my previous experience, on and off, windows will have funny funny issue. Some may be able to solve by disable certain services, some may be solved by deleting some ini or dat. But for this one, i really have no idea.

Is your PC a Compaq? It is nothing to do with compaq, just that my friend is asking me about a problem with IE on a compaq system with 2gb ram, except that is his case it is running on XP Home. This is a problem that my friend's sister has been facing very recently (this few days also). Previously (few weeks ago) there was some problem with that pc, and I had help him reinstalled the OS. Strangely coincidental [laugh]

Dear all bro/sis,

Yesterday, i encountered a serious problem on my internet explorer. It happened when i went to particular website. it states as:

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I know it is due to some funny problem in my Windows XP professional OS. But i just can seems to be able to solve it. Anyone encountered this before?? Thanks in advance.

The fix is here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884538

Next time you encounter some error, just copy and paste the error message into Google and you'll get the solution.

The fix is here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884538

Next time you encounter some error, just copy and paste the error message into Google and you'll get the solution.

Thanks for your info. I have been here well before i posted a thread here for the help. As my pc is XP with SP3, the fix is not able to install (cause SP3 is supposingly later than this fix and should solve the issue what this fix is supposed to do).

My PC is Fujitsu. Seldom encounter any problem before. I have checked with few software engineers and they have gotten back to me on the problem they encountered using ppstream. I believe there is something wrong with using ppstream. Any bro/sis using ppstream with Windows XP and IE without this problem?